DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > 4.7L PowerTech V8 Specific Topics

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-24-2012, 10:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Grey
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:25
Maddevill is on a distinguished road

Don't feel bad. My fog lights don't go on either and my key fob stopped working after I had the truck 2 weeks.And I only have one key so I can't reprogram a replacement myself. My center console neither moves or reclines but I discovered, after I had the truck a YEAR,(!) the lower compartment in the bottom of it. Pretty sneaky Dodge!
But I still love it.
Sponsored links
Old 01-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Color: Atlantic blue
Rep:10
lodgepole is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzvoodoo View Post
I recently just purchased a 2002 quad cab 4.7 1500 ram. I have been playing with it all day today cleaning it up and getting it the way I want it. I had a few questions.

1. how do I turn on my fog lights? I think I have to pull the switch OUT / TO the rear but when I do that nothing happens. I push that huge switch right back in and still nothing happens. What does pulling the head light switch do for my life???

2. How in the world do I get my windshield washer blades / Arms to go Lower. I found out how to take them off but they only go on into one position. They are not drastically in my field of view but I would prefer them to be 1 inch lower if I could get them that way.

3. My truck has power locks. I can hit the unlock and lock button on the panel all day long but the truck did not come with any key fob remotes. If I order a key fob on ebay does anyone know how to program a new wireless unlock keyfob? I know on the mustangs you insert the key and turn it from Accesory to off 8 times and then after the 8th time you press a button on the remote and it learns the new code for that remote. By the way Both of my keys are black. One has a picture of a ram and the other says Crysler for some odd reason.

4 Is there any way to get the center console / seat to slide back any? I feel under it and it looks to be bolted in. I am new to the truck and have been finding all sorts of secret tricks and compartments. Also does the center seat Recline at all?

5 The rear view mirror on the inside of the truck has a small button on it. I press it many times expecting it to be a dimmer of some sort but nothing seems to happen when I press it.

6. The truck has infinity speakers ( infiniti logo's) but the music and sound is not the best quality. It is actually a little poppy / choppy when you turn the volume up. I found that the speakers in the rear are a little better so i have music going to them 80% right now. Do people generally have issues with the speakers blowing????????? or the amps going???????? and if it is the amps where do i find them?????
The key fob comes with a receiver unit that plugs into the back side of the speedometer. They have to be programed to each other even though they come in the same box. (how stupid) Dealer programed mine.
The button on the mirror makes it self dim or not when lights from behind hit it.
The center seat/ console move foreward or back with the passenger seat.
My sound is pretty good even withought the Infinities. Original with no problems.
Might want to order an OEM user manual.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Black
Archaea is on a distinguished road

If you pull the headlight knob out towards you the fog-lights come on (in my 02 Ram). This only works if you have already turned it to 'parking lights'. You cannot have just the fog-lights on without also having the parking lights on.

But... if the knob itself is not seated correctly on the stem then it does not work. I took my headlight knob completely off and threw it in the trash. Now I just have the stem/post and it works fine.

And... I know it seems unlikely, but since you bought it used you may want to check and see if the the fog-light bulbs are not burned out.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

cwking25 is on a distinguished road

my 2002 has the same setup as your truck Buzzvoodoo, what i found out about the infinity system is that the factory amp only puts out lows to the front door speakers, highs to the 3 tweeters on the dash, and full range sound to the rear doors, terrible design in my opinion, i bought an aftermarket wire harness to by-pass the factory amp when i installed my jvc cd player, i also replace all the speakers in the truck with Rockford Fosgate, even the left and right tweeters on the dash, but left out the center dash speaker. My stereo sounds great now. As far as your door locks not locking all the doors, mine did this as well, i read on here somewhere, to look inside the the rubber boots in the door jams where the wires run into the door, just carefully take a razor knife and slit the boot and inspect the wires, i found 4 or 5 wires that were broke in half, do to poor design by Dodge. i just added a piece of wire where each wire was broke and slapped it back together, havent had any issues in over 2 years now! Hope this helps you!