Hey guys and gals, I have a 2002 dodge ram 1500 4.7L quad cab 146,000 miles, that I recently got restored. I will be modding it a little and hope you enjoy the journey.
Bought new in 2002 by my father, was a daily driver till 2010 when replaced by a hybrid
.... Pretty much sat in the driveway 6 days out of the week after that. It had been washed a lot at the local fully automated car wash and apparently the truck was a little to big for the car wash so eventually it started taking the paint off the roof and hood. The truck then developed a dead cylinder and literally was a v7 from 2011 to may 2014, still ran pretty good though. Until the thermostat got stuck closed and blew the radiator and the block shattered. Then the restoration started. First a new engine, A remanufactured 4.7l engine from jasper engines and transmissions. Then came a new radiator and transmission flush, rear end flush.
Since, it gets 22mpg on a flat interstate going 65mph with no head wind. 17.5-19mpg at 70mph depending on flat terrain or slight inclines. 16mpg stop and go in the town. and if I'm in a hurry, 15mpg at 80mph+. I was impressed with the numbers, I've seen claims from guys that get similar but never thought that was right tilll now.
And that is 110% stock.
Now is the custom build part.
I have several plans
1. Level it (coil springs) as seen in the picture
2. A dual exhaust system, suggestions?
3. A Edge Programmer
4. LED Projector Angel Eyes/Halo Head Lights and fog lights (headlights ordered)
5. New grille (ordered)
6. Interior LED Map/dome lights
7. possibly blue lights behind the instrument cluster and accessory lights
8. Bull bar (maybe)
9. LED light bar 51"
10. Camo or Dodge Embroided seat covers
11. Husky floor mats
12. Dash cover (ordered from auto anything yesterday)
13. Cold Air Intake (debating on making one or buying one), suggestions?
14. Throttle body spacer, suggestions?
15. IF ANYONE HAS ANYTHING THAT WOULD BE GOOD TO ADD LET ME KNOW!
If you have a similar truck I would love to hear what you have done to it or will be doing to it.
Next week I get new headlights and grille so stay tuned for more pics.
Below are the pictures, the first 3 are it's current state, the last 3 are Pre restore.