DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-18-2013, 03:59 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3269
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly@discountautoperformance View Post
But DAMN! It does look good.
You throwing any black onto that hood? Vinyl decal?
Just asking....
Thought about blacking the scoop, but decided against it. I will see how it goes in time but I'm probably going to leave it solid green because it's such a sweet color; it's definitely been drawing some heads since it went on yesterday.
Sponsored links
Old 05-18-2013, 06:36 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1772
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
Thought about blacking the scoop, but decided against it. I will see how it goes in time but I'm probably going to leave it solid green because it's such a sweet color; it's definitely been drawing some heads since it went on yesterday.
I was thinking black hood spears....but

I do love the green though
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 05-23-2013, 11:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 6.6L Hemi!
Trim Level: Crew Cab Sport 4x4
Color: Stone White
Rep:366
RamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really nice

Hey man when do you plan on building that motor? This is just me letting you know to swap to a pre vvt block so you can run a big cam in it with that supercharger. Just find a 08 block and build from there this is what all the LX guys are doing because VVT is the problem....

The whole phaser limiter from what ive been told is a complete waste of time as no one can tune the big blower cams once installed...

"New Project" 1969 Road Runner
BV Heads,K1 Crank and Rods,Corrillo Pistons,ARP Head, Main, Side Studs and Rod Bolts,Spartan Eagle Cam,6.1 Manifold,Fastman 85mm,LMI Hammer, ARH's,3000TC,Hemifever Tuning
Old 05-24-2013, 09:48 PM
I push the skinny pedal

CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamTex View Post
Hey man when do you plan on building that motor? This is just me letting you know to swap to a pre vvt block so you can run a big cam in it with that supercharger. Just find a 08 block and build from there this is what all the LX guys are doing because VVT is the problem....

The whole phaser limiter from what ive been told is a complete waste of time as no one can tune the big blower cams once installed...
Received the final parts last week and will start assembly of the top end/timing set in July, after my wedding and plant shut down. I have decided against the cam upgrade until the tuning is more under control. Stu was willing to give it a try, but really wanted the truck to get it right.

You can't swap a non-vvt motor in unless you completely swap PCMs and a few other things, and that's directly from Arrington, Inertia, and PWR. I'll leave the truck cam in place and will make my power on boost and nitrous instead.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 ram 2500
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: flame red
Rep:471
Kcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of light

WOW!!! That truck is looking amazing. I love that green

Is it the viper green?

6" BDS lift kit, BMF R.E.P.R, 37" toyo MT, recon cab lights, color matched interior trim, tinted tails, custom headlights, cjc off-road light bar, backrack, afe stage 2 CAI
sponsored by BULLY'S PERFORMANCE
Old 05-24-2013, 11:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT 4x4
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:214
Gecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura about

I think I may like your truck more than mine...

But I think its because I'm jealous of your green!
-Full Custom Dual Exhaust by Big Power Racing - Inertia Crazy Jay Plus Cam -Pacesetter LTs - BFI Composite #83 - Inertia Custom Tune - Dual DMH Cutouts - 87mm TB - 180* t-stat-
Old 05-24-2013, 11:52 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcbigbadram View Post
WOW!!! That truck is looking amazing. I love that green

Is it the viper green?
Yup, ACR Viper snake skin green. This color is absolutely amazing in person.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 ram 2500
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: flame red
Rep:471
Kcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
Yup, ACR Viper snake skin green. This color is absolutely amazing in person.
Very nice. That green is sweet can't wait to see the rest of truck painted to go with the hood

6" BDS lift kit, BMF R.E.P.R, 37" toyo MT, recon cab lights, color matched interior trim, tinted tails, custom headlights, cjc off-road light bar, backrack, afe stage 2 CAI
sponsored by BULLY'S PERFORMANCE
Old 05-27-2013, 10:33 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

very nice!

Can not wait to see this motor build

Thanks
Jeremiah
Bully's Performance

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 06-10-2013, 10:54 PM
I push the skinny pedal

The 1 7/8" ARH headers I got from Bully Performance are now off for coating. I'm getting the 2000 degree titanium coating to keep as much heat from the supercharger and nitrous as possible in the tubes.

Started building the engine today, still missing a few fasteners that have to come out of the states that are on backorder. Had a moment when fit-testing the cam sprocket... I set it in place, reached to grab the crank sprocket and watched the cam sprocket fall off and erupt into 5 pieces. That was a $135 mistake and I had to make a trip to the dealership to get another one. I'm still waiting for the thrust plate bolts, so it's what's holding everything up.

Ran into a mistake the engine builder made. The block is obviously built for a LX as opposed to the truck, just based on where the oil pickup mounts. I had to unbolt the first and third main to swap a stud in each, a little annoying, but I did also find that one of the mains wasn't torqued the same as the others, so that's taken care of as well. I'm happy with how it sits now.

Pics will be up tomorrow hopefully, still trying to figure out stuff with my brand new computer.