DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-07-2013, 10:47 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 RCLB SLT 1500 Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:72
catsltd will become famous soon enough

Glad I could help out a bit.
Also glad to hear the oil was from the plugs not the rear seal.
If you need a hand today,Im off work around 11:00.A.M.
Give me a shout.
Cheers.
3:92 gears.
Sponsored links
Old 08-07-2013, 12:51 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsltd View Post
Glad I could help out a bit.
Also glad to hear the oil was from the plugs not the rear seal.
If you need a hand today,Im off work around 11:00.A.M.
Give me a shout.
Cheers.
Amazing to have local help ^^^

Anyone wanna fly out to Toronto to do mine?
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 08-09-2013, 01:50 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

I'll fly out... you just have to pay the ticket

I'm getting frustrated with Josh at HHP, I still don't have a startup tune yet. It's been sitting in the U-wrench for the past 4 days and it really should have only been in there for 1 day if I'd had the startup tune. Since I've been waiting for the tune I've decided to go ahead and do a few of the other mods I have sitting in the storage unit. I'm in the process of installing my drop kit, so I've got the Ground Force front springs in already. I had ordered some Belltech shocks, but they sent me 2wd shocks instead. I can use the rears but the fronts are useless to me.

While i had the front shocks out I decided to try an experiment... swapping McGaughy's spindles onto a 4wd, and they physically fit, but it's obvious my upper balljoint is in a very extreme situation since the McG's spindle is 2.5" shorter than the 4wd spindle, so I'll be designing a new upper control arm to even everything else out, aside from that the lower portion of the spindle works great with the 4wd suspension. I might see if I can't convert to a uniball or spherical joint rather than a balljoint, as it would take more extreme angles. I'm going to leave the spindles in with the GF springs and see how long my CV joints hold up if I ever get the engine running.

Tomorrow I tackle the rear springs as well as the Spohn adjustable control arms and panhard bar. I may have to cut the rear springs eventually just to get the trim I want, but that will happen in time.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:31 AM
I push the skinny pedal

CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Soooooo..... still not running. Got my new tune from Josh. He had taken the day off to be with family but when I called HHP they got a hold of him at home and he did the tune from home. Sadly I believe it is a physical issue, not a tune issue. I'm pretty sure that my timing is off as I'm only making 2-4psi of compression in cylinder 1.

However, I did get the truck's stance to where I wanted it. I might trim the rear coils to bring the back down more, but using the Belltech 2WD stock size shocks was exactly what I wanted with the McGaughy's 2wd rear drop springs. Here's everything that I pulled out of the truck in the last 2 days

Swapped out the rear sway bar for a Hellwig bar at the same time that I did the rear Spohn control arms and panhard bars.

There's a slight length difference between the stock 4wd and the 2WD Belltech shocks

Here's the difference between the stock 4wd steering knuckle and the 2wd McGaughy's steering knuckle. There's an overall 2.5" height difference between the two and it results in an extreme angle on the upper balljoint. I have been in touch with Michigan Metal Works and they make a replacement upper control arm with a spherical joint for this exact purpose, dropping a 4wd lower than 2" in the front.

Old 08-11-2013, 10:44 PM

Vehicle: 98 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:112
98hemi-ram will become famous soon enough98hemi-ram will become famous soon enough

Looks like you've got a lot done but where is the pics of the while truck with its new stance? :P
Old 08-21-2013, 01:24 AM
I push the skinny pedal

No pics of the new stance until it's running and I can give it a bath. More than a month of being outdoors and no ability to get it to a wash bay, I'm ashamed of how dirty it is right now.

I just had it towed to my friend's shop so I can get started on it again tomorrow, so hopefully it's running either by the end of the day or by tomorrow at the latest. In the mean time, I took a day off from the mechanical stuff and relaxed and did some fiberglass work and some prep/paint.

Filled in the lower RAM insert and smoothed it all out

Coil pack covers painted, just waiting on clearcoat

The start of the fiberglass work on the lower console. I'm smoothing it out and will be running my nitrous pressure gauge and master switches from here.

The inserts... painted to match the new body color
Old 08-21-2013, 02:09 AM
Team Bully

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1722
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future

Looking good can't wait to see the whole interior together it will be pretty sharp
Old 08-21-2013, 10:46 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Me too. If I get the truck running today it'll be game on for some more mods, if not then it'll be back to banging on the engine block with a bigger hammer.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:32 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Very sweet man, great work as always.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:55 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Kurtis, The day you truck is done....Ill be drooling over it.
These pics are teasing that end result.
Cant wait to see it
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!