DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-11-2014, 10:00 PM
Team Bully

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1722
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future

Those are SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored links
Old 01-23-2014, 03:51 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

So, I threw my old headlights back in for a while. I was having condensation issues again so I'm pulling them both apart to use a different sealant this time. While I have them open I'm going to try something different with some LEDs I picked up. The '13s have nice amber running lights as well as functional turn signals, well, that doesn't transfer over to the pre '13s, which is unfortunate. I've tried working the harness, adding relays, and in general failing miserably at making it work on the pre-'13 lights. *sigh*

So, instead I'm working around the problem:

adding my own white LEDs so I'll be the only truck with '13 headlights with a true white DRL that will be on its own circuit.

Here is the circuit board in its OEM form

Here's the set of LEDs I'm using, they are all pre-resistored for 12V operation and come with an adhesive pad on the back, not bad for $1.50 per LED. There's 15 per headlamp.

Now the wiring will all be hidden by the main bezel

This is how they look under the lower LED reflector. Some aren't 100% under the reflector, but I'm hoping that there's enough showing that I won't have "dark" spots through the reflector.

I'm off for the next week and the weather's supposed to be good, so I'm hoping to get a lot of the engine bay cleaned up, get my catch cans installed, loom a bunch of loose wiring, install my new boost tubing, and in general make hay while the sun isn't a frozen ball of ice.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:03 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Kurtis....finish this quick and give us the low down. Very interested in this
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 01-23-2014, 10:29 AM
Team Bully

ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future

Ho hum just another cool thing Kurtis is doing to his truck *Yawn* heard this story before!! TOTALLY kidding can't wait everytime you come up with something new I want you to finish this whole thing so we can see it!!!!
Old 01-23-2014, 10:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:2008
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

Which version of the 13 headlights do you have? V1? I have a new set from JJ which are the quick redesigned V2 and I haven't had any condensation issue on this set yet.

Fogs... well after running a thin beat of window sealant around the outside of them I haven't had any issues.

Interested to see what those LED's will look like but not something I have the stomach to attempt myself.

Chrome... in moderation.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:15 PM
I push the skinny pedal

CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

I have the V1 lights. I bought mine well before JJ had the harness available, so I have to make them work since I already have over 1K into them so far. I haven't had any issues with the fogs after doing the same bead of silicone, it's just the headlights that are giving me grief. I even filled all the vent holes with RTV, but I found a split in one headlight's sealant, so I'm going to use butyl rope this time and see if that works better than the silicone I've used on my past headlamps.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 RCSB Ram
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:470
Hornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of light

How did the air ride install go Kurtis?
Old 02-19-2014, 01:35 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Took a little longer than I was expecting, ended up taking 4 hours to do just the air ride; cutting out the bump stops was a pain but once I pulled the springs out of the way there was enough room to get at the welds. I also spent some time looking at the pinion and rear alignment to get rid of a low speed shudder so I don't wreck anything on the way to Airdrie tomorrow. It was definitely worth it though. I drove over McKnight on the way to the shop and it was jarring as hell over the frost heaves, went back after the swap and while not as smooth as stock it was definitely a decisive improvement.

While I was under there I swapped out the front swaybar endlinks with a set from Alston Chassisworks that are adjustable length so should even out the sway bar better than the stock endlinks. I'll be taking some pics tomorrow when it's light out since it was dark by the time I got out of the shop.

Didn't have time to drop the bumper, but I can do that pretty darn quick tomorrow.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:05 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 RCSB Ram
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:470
Hornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of light

LOL,nothing ever goes as quick as a guy plans.

Boy do i want to get a look at your truck now,it's bad when i'm waiting for it to show up out here,so i can look it over.

Rick
Old 02-19-2014, 09:54 AM
Team Bully

Hornet I know what you are saying but atleast you can see it I just wait to see pictures!!