DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-24-2014, 11:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 RAM sport QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Blue Streak
Rep:15
SmoothVanilla is on a distinguished road
Default Need opinions about tire sizes?

Hello Z! I will try make this short lol. My previous truck was a lowered 2/3 regular cab. On it I had 20" SRT10 reps wrapped in 295 50 20 tires. Loved this combo! So when the time came for me to get my current 14 sport I was not going to give it to the dealership as I was already being raped on my trade in haha so I kept them and put them on my new ram. 295 59 20 is a 31.6" tire which is fairly small on a stock height ram to say the least, but I loved how the truck drove otherwise. I have no decided that after winter ( I have winter tires) I will replace the tires with something a little bit more suitable lol. I was considering the stock 275 60 until today when I drove a coworkers truck (2012 laramie, stock 20) and it felt much different than mine does even with the winter tires. The steering felt loose and numb, more so than mine I mean lol. So My few questions are a) does this have to do with the 60 sidewall size? or is it because the factory goodyears are crap? And I guess B) If anyone else has been in this situation and what they chose to do. I don't deny that these trucks just plain look batter with the 33" tire over the 31" size, I just don't want to completely change how my truck feels just so I have less wheel gap to stare at lol. I am currently thinking 275 55 20 since they are about 3/8 bigger than what I currently have. Also looking intoi 285 55 20 but they are pricey and selection is limited. Anyways I am sorry for the long post if you managed to stick with it and can give me some input i would really appreciate it. I have been stumped on this for over a month now. THANKS

Thought I would add a pic just so we know what we are dealing with here lol
2014 RAM sport QC 3:92 Blue Streak
Sponsored links
Old 11-25-2014, 09:19 PM

Vehicle: 2005 QC 4X4 HEMI RAM
Trim Level: Thunder Road
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:418
hydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nice

All I can say, not all GY tires suck. I just put on 4 275/60/20 GY Armor-Tracks and quite impressed with the handling, quietness and appearance. Another nice thing I noticed, they don't let the ass end skip sideways on bumps, like the previous Hankook Dynapros. A local tire shop sold em for $180 ea. Cheaper than the Hankooks too.
Inertia Spartan Plus cam, Circle D 3,000 rpm stall converter,Sonnax line pressure booster, Vararam, JBA's with cut outs, Rancho 9000's,3:92's, extra rear leaf.Line-X Bedliner, 210,000 miles To Hell and back. 14.2/96 mph NEDW
Old 11-25-2014, 10:14 PM

Vehicle: 2014 RAM sport QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Blue Streak
Rep:15
SmoothVanilla is on a distinguished road

yea thats a decent price thanks.
2014 RAM sport QC 3:92 Blue Streak