DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram Special Edition Models > Dodge Ram R/T

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-09-2013, 11:00 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
DiverDanRamMan is on a distinguished road
Default D/S T-1000 Options

Now, I am running the T-1000 canned 93 Octane tune with only the speed limiter raised to 190 MPH. Not sure what the top end is now, but it will bury the needle well passed the 120 MPH and run 0-60 in 5.3 seconds. The only fuel I use is NON-ETHANOL 93 Octane. It cost a lttle more, but adds more power and MPG than 10% ETHANOL gas. It is a little hard to find when traveling.

I am an old fat man so need to get young light weight to run the 1/4 mi. for me to get a fair time on that. Only performance add ons are K&N intake, Aero Turbine 3030 exhaust, with the "Y" just behind the 3030. I left the stock resonaters in place. It still make a very nice roar.

When I was running with the MDS disabled I lost about 2 MPG. The only advantage I noted with MDS disabled was the 4 cylinder drone was gone. I can still stop the drone anytime I want by just slaping the shift lever back to 6th gear.

Does anyone know of anyother advantage to running with MDS disabled?
Sponsored links
Old 01-29-2013, 11:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: '12 Ram R/T
Color: Black
txwooley is on a distinguished road

A couple of questions about the BD Hemi-Plus and Diablo T-1000 tuners. They both look pretty much the same to me as far as what they are. That being said, all I was looking for was a tune. Not some gizmo to put on my dash to tell me everything my guage cluster is already telling me. Do you have to leave the unit hooked up or can you just install the tune and toss the cheesy Garmin-looking thing in the center console? Also, I hear rave reviews on the BD on this board, but then read on the website where it gives UP TO 32 HP. $500 for 32 HP? That's it? I was somehow expecting more.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:47 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Where else can you get 32hp for $500 and 15 minutes of work. And you don't even get dirty installing it. Long tube headers might give you close to that but that's probably $500+ and half a days work.

And you don't have to spend $500, you can get a lesser model handheld with the same tunes.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 RAM
Color: Bright White
Rep:312
Chris b is a jewel in the roughChris b is a jewel in the roughChris b is a jewel in the roughChris b is a jewel in the rough

Its a lot more then just a few hp the main thing here is to remove the TCM or turn MDS off. some need to custom tune for other mods like headers or turbo. So the real question here is what do you want from a tuner?
K&N 63cai\Fastman 84mm\BT catch-can\e-fan\180 t-stat\Flowmaster super44\Belltech 2"-4" 964sp\BT custom shifter\20% tint\light blue racing stripes\BD pillar pod\Diablo trinity\Hemifever custom tune\two Memphis 10" subs\custom ported box\Memphis 600amp\Weathertech techliner\MBRP 5" tips\ ARH 1 7/8 long tube headers
Old 01-31-2013, 12:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

gorni24 is on a distinguished road

I'm ordering my BD tomorrow. After reading this and from what I've heard from people seems to be the better choice. Can't wait.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram RT
Trim Level: RT
Rep:18
huddyhud is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorni24 View Post
I'm ordering my BD tomorrow. After reading this and from what I've heard from people seems to be the better choice. Can't wait.
Mine will be here tomorrow!
Old 01-31-2013, 10:05 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Anyone interested we have the BullyDogs and the DiabloSport onsale right now 17% with free shipping check it out

To my knowledge we have the lowest price on the net, and we have the best customer service around .

Make sure to create an account (if you don already have one) and enter redemtion code "TUNERFEVER"

https://discountautoperformance.com/...15841c019fd002

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 02-01-2013, 01:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

gorni24 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhinkle1989 View Post
Anyone interested we have the BullyDogs and the DiabloSport onsale right now 17% with free shipping check it out

To my knowledge we have the lowest price on the net, and we have the best customer service around .

Make sure to create an account (if you don already have one) and enter redemtion code "TUNERFEVER"

https://discountautoperformance.com/...15841c019fd002

Thanks
Jeremiah
I had a last minute change of heart and went with a trinity. I placed an order today through your website. Can't wait
Old 02-01-2013, 06:57 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorni24 View Post
I had a last minute change of heart and went with a trinity. I placed an order today through your website. Can't wait
Order has been received, and shipped tracking information should be in your order details.

Thanks
Jeremiah

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 02-01-2013, 11:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram RT
Trim Level: RT
Rep:18
huddyhud is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhinkle1989 View Post
Order has been received, and shipped tracking information should be in your order details.

Thanks
Jeremiah
Well i got mine today. After a long three hour process its in and i have to say i love it. The shift points are firm but not to crazy. Throttle response is way better now the only issue is traction out the hole.

Fyi, anyone looking do not buy from Autoanything.com . It took a week to get it then they lied about it being ready to rock out the box. And i won't even get started on the tonno pro i spent fighting to get on they ordered wrong then wanted to charge to me to send back.

Long story short BD rocks and their tech team.

Autoanything can go suck a egg!