DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 2ND Generation Dodge Ram 1994 to 2001 Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > V10 Specific Topics

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-23-2012, 04:59 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 1997 Ram 2500
Color: Brown
Engine: 1994-2001 488ci (8.0L) LA V10 300 hp 450lb/ft
Rep:10
Tivs is on a distinguished road
Default Ebay fuel savers/power gainers

Are these real i never see anyone say they have em yet ebay claims they work for our trucks, i assume they splice into the PCM but for 20 bucks i might get one even if i get 1mpg and some power. i just changed my oil (15-40w Delo) and used a Wix filter, cleaned my TB tell it looked new, put new spark plugs in (MUCH BETTER) and waiting to get wires yet, it seems im still not getting decent milage. Another thing, i dont see an 02 sensor downstream of where the cat was (some one cut it off which is good) but i have no check engine, no sim on it either, whats up with that. i also have this weird rattle from my exhaust
Sponsored links
Old 12-23-2012, 11:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Sport Crewcab
Color: True Blue Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:248
LeftCoast has a spectacular aura aboutLeftCoast has a spectacular aura aboutLeftCoast has a spectacular aura about

If they worked the factory would have installed one.
Weird rattle? Have you checked all the exhaust hangers/connections to make sure they are tight? Is there a heat shield under there that may have come loose?
Old 12-23-2012, 07:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 1997 Ram 2500
Color: Brown
Tivs is on a distinguished road

I disagree with u there lol factory f ups are constant. but ill prob get underneath and weld all the clamps and there is a heat shield passenger side
Old 12-26-2012, 09:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1996 SLT
Trim Level: SLT
99 V10 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoast View Post
If they worked the factory would have installed one.
Weird rattle? Have you checked all the exhaust hangers/connections to make sure they are tight? Is there a heat shield under there that may have come loose?
I agree. These computer engines are set by the factory for the very best overall performance. There are several perimeters to consider. different climates, elevations, mileage, power, emissions, etc. The list is long. We drive these vehicles in areas of several changes per hour or day.
The only way to really make any difference is to reprogram the computer to suit your needs. Even with that you gain in one area & loose in others. There is a reason, Engineers are on most race teams. I have been to off road desert races. Talked with engineers running factory vehicles testing different prototype stuff from the factory.
I agree 100% if you can buy a $20 part that makes any difference the factory would have it on. Believe me they test this crap. The manufactures spend millions of dollars on R&D.
Just a note before the Chevy Trailblazer was out in 2002, GM was tested them in Mexico at the Baja 1000. A buddy of mine saw them there in 01. Prototypes, with the I-6 4.2L engine that came out in 02.
I worked for a largest Jeep dealer in the Country Cal Vada Jeep in Reno NV in the 1970s. Jeep use to bring in a car hauler with 6 to 10 prototype Jeeps to run the Rubicon Trail. They kept them in our dealership. Bill Harrah of the famous car collection owned the dealership back them.
I remember seeing a CJ5 with an Audi 5 cylinder being tested one year. From the factory.