DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 4.7-liter V8 engine - 310 horsepower, 330 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-15-2013, 10:45 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

It also works for the 2012 4.7L? Or just the 2012 5.7L?

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Sponsored links
Old 01-15-2013, 11:03 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
It also works for the 2012 4.7L? Or just the 2012 5.7L?

Works for both the 4.7l and 5.7l hemi 2012 Ram 1500.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:30 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Black
Rep:41
WPG-RAM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhinkle1989 View Post
I too have also confirmed this with bully dog

For anyone who hasn't ordered one yet we have plenty in stock and currently have them on sale during checkout enter redemption code "TUNERFEVER" to SAVE 17%.

thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance
Any word if these are compatable with the 2013's?
'13 QC 4.7 - Flowmaster AT Catback - 2.5" HBS Level - 2" Rear Lift - 35x12.50x17 Fierce Attitude & MB TKO - Tinted Tails -Rustoleum Bedlined Grill & bumpers - Dual Intake - Replica Westin Bull Bar - 35% Tint
Old 01-23-2013, 09:42 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

So far no compatibility on the 2013's

Jeremiah

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:49 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Black
Rep:41
WPG-RAM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhinkle1989 View Post
So far no compatibility on the 2013's

Jeremiah
Damnit! Programmer was one of the best mods I did to my JK Wrangler!

Thanks for the quick reply
'13 QC 4.7 - Flowmaster AT Catback - 2.5" HBS Level - 2" Rear Lift - 35x12.50x17 Fierce Attitude & MB TKO - Tinted Tails -Rustoleum Bedlined Grill & bumpers - Dual Intake - Replica Westin Bull Bar - 35% Tint
Old 01-24-2013, 02:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 RAM
Trim Level: SLT 4x4 MEGA CAB
Color: GRANITE CRYSTAL
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:10
jpro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
I confirmed with Bully Dog that there Tuner will work on the 2012 rams. I ordered mine today. Diablo says not yet. Anyways the can tunes on the Bully Dog are better. Should get mine in next week. Will let you know, DB says 30+ hp on the 93 tune for the 4.7l
Hey Asur, How did the turner turn out? I too is interested and would like to get your feedback, pros / cons and noticeable differences . Thanks in advance.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:00 PM

Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpro View Post
Hey Asur, How did the turner turn out? I too is interested and would like to get your feedback, pros / cons and noticeable differences . Thanks in advance.
Hey Jpro, Got to playing with my Bully Dog this morning, for some reason there was no SD card in the box, found one in all my stuff, finally put it all together, and it would not update to the latest firmware, called Bully, great support, they updated it for me with there latest tunes, put it in the truck, downloaded the software, and poof, Error 203, called Bully again, they talked to there engineer, they did not put my engine code in the firmware, 3 others were on the line waiting for this same code to be added, they said it will be done by next Thursday LOL so no Tuner for the weekend. ahhh well, shit happens. Its a lot smaller of a unit than I expected, yet seems to be cool just the same. Will update next Thursdays LOL,
Old 01-25-2013, 06:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 RAM
Trim Level: SLT 4x4 MEGA CAB
Color: GRANITE CRYSTAL
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:10
jpro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
Hey Jpro, Got to playing with my Bully Dog this morning, for some reason there was no SD card in the box, found one in all my stuff, finally put it all together, and it would not update to the latest firmware, called Bully, great support, they updated it for me with there latest tunes, put it in the truck, downloaded the software, and poof, Error 203, called Bully again, they talked to there engineer, they did not put my engine code in the firmware, 3 others were on the line waiting for this same code to be added, they said it will be done by next Thursday LOL so no Tuner for the weekend. ahhh well, shit happens. Its a lot smaller of a unit than I expected, yet seems to be cool just the same. Will update next Thursdays LOL,
Aww man that's too bad . Looking forward to Thursday! Thanks for the update! I hope it all works out for you 'cause it will for me if that's the case Haha!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:45 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Asur..Let us know how you come out

Thanks
Jeremiah

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpro View Post
Aww man that's too bad . Looking forward to Thursday! Thanks for the update! I hope it all works out for you 'cause it will for me if that's the case Haha!
It will work, no issues, with the 91+ tune the tech was telling me they are getting 30+ hp out of the 4.7, he said its just the ECU part number code they have to integrate to the firmware so the ECU will allow the Bully Dog to let it upload the new program to the ECU. I also asked them a few questions while I had Austin on the phone,

1) Did Bully dog buy the encryption codes off of Chrysler
a) No, we actually cracked the code.

2) will this leave any traces in the ECU.
a) if you bring your truck to the dealer, just put the ECU back to factory State, all they will see is that the ECU was accessed, but they cannot see anything else.

3) Where does the info for factory state get saved
a) a copy is saved on the header and one on the SD card, but if something where to happen to the unit and both instances of the ECU where lost, they have a copy of it on there servers if needed.

4) Does the Bully Dog need to stay attached to the truck all the time
a) no, download the program you want, 85+ , 91+ or Factory state and then remove the BD from the truck.

I will be talking to them next Tuesday so if anyone has question, post them, I will get answers at the same time