DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 4.7-liter V8 engine - 310 horsepower, 330 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-31-2013, 07:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: .
Rep:4373
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpro View Post
I think you've asked everything that I would've . Good stuff man...I can't wait for your next update haha

Edit: I forgot one thing... Ask if there is an Automatic Transmission Adjustment. Thanks!
OK to Answer your Question about the Transmission Adjustments, I spoke to Bully Dog today, they said that the GT Hemi+ tuner now has the Adjustable shift points @ Full throttle.
Sponsored links
Old 01-31-2013, 07:53 PM

Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

OK folks, just finished installing the Bully Dog tune on my truck, after getting the new update from Bully Dog, it installed with no issues. My ECU had an update for it from Chrysler and it updated it also lol. I have not played with it much cause its like -10 here right now, snow storm and 60-70 mph winds, so not a good day for testing. will go out tomorrow with it and see. For those who want to know, I did see the option to disable Traction control. MDS also for those with the 5.7 Hemi. Its got a lot more options than I thought including tire size, top speed, top rpm etc. Looks real cool. Anyways for those looking for a tuner to run on your 4.7, this one does.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:23
Rebelsfr3 is on a distinguished road

i just updated the firmware and it went through the paces (longer than it did originally) and just before it goes to upload the install on the ECU, i get an error 203. Engine part number is not supported. guess i haveto wait till tomorrow to get a hold of tech support to figure out what the hell is going on. alittle disappointed here.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelsfr3 View Post
i just updated the firmware and it went through the paces (longer than it did originally) and just before it goes to upload the install on the ECU, i get an error 203. Engine part number is not supported. guess i haveto wait till tomorrow to get a hold of tech support to figure out what the hell is going on. alittle disappointed here.

I had to do the same thing, you need to get them to manually install the new tune, they will do it for you via your computer. Once I got that it worked fine, 203 error is that your ECU is a particular ver, as was mine, on these truck you can have over 50 different Versions of ECU, they presently have 99% of all the 5.7 Ecu's in the tune and some of the 4.7's, the programmers add them in, and since this is a recent update, they do not have them on the server for the general public yet, just call them, they will fix it.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:49 PM

so i installed the update. it works pretty good. the butt dyno noticed a pretty decent increase in the low end, and nice mpg increase.so far im happy. although i went through all the settings and cant find where to adjust shift points.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
so i installed the update. it works pretty good. the butt dyno noticed a pretty decent increase in the low end, and nice mpg increase.so far im happy. although i went through all the settings and cant find where to adjust shift points.

Which tune did you install "standard or premium". I am in standard right now just so I can burn off those 26 gallons of 87 I have in it now, then will put in the 93 Octane and see how she feels, as for the shift points, I have not looked into that, was only told by Bully Dog they added it to last Thursdays Tune. I will check and report back when I put my truck in the premium tune.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:36 PM

i put n the regular tune, for the same reason you did. still have about 20 gallons to burn.
i know last night i lazily tested the 0-60 test on the BD and got a somewhat impressive 8.9 sec. probably could get 2 sec better if i took it more serious and were on a track.

quick question, since e85 burn's hotter, should it be treated like premium according to the tune?
Old 02-02-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
i put n the regular tune, for the same reason you did. still have about 20 gallons to burn.
i know last night i lazily tested the 0-60 test on the BD and got a somewhat impressive 8.9 sec. probably could get 2 sec better if i took it more serious and were on a track.

quick question, since e85 burn's hotter, should it be treated like premium according to the tune?
Thats a good question and I would presume the Premium setup would be best, but I will check with Bully Dog about this just in case, but per your question.

Actually E85 Burns cooler, Ethanol has a lower ignition point than gas. It burns cooler and will actually extend engine life by preventing the burning of engine valves and prevent the build-up of olefins in fuel injectors, keeping the fuel system cleaner.

If a retailer chooses to post octane, they should be aware that the often cited 105 octane is incorrect. This number was derived by using ethanol’s blending octane value in gasoline. This is not the proper way to calculate the octane of E85. Ethanol’s true octane value should be used to calculate E85’s octane value. This results in an octane range of 94-96 (R+M)/2. These calculations have been confirmed by actual-octane engine tests."

*information copied from the 2009 The Auto Technician’s Guide to Spark Ignition Engine Fuel Quality*
Old 02-02-2013, 03:15 PM

wow, really informative. thank you for that.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:57 AM

Asur, did you happen to check with Bully Dog about that e85 question?