DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-06-2013, 12:06 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:39
Spidey1.0 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDeepWaterBlue View Post
Blue in the bed is cool, but if you're trying to get something out of it at night it doesn't help very much lol
Yeah that's true..I was thinking I'd leave the white in the cargo lights..but maybe change the interior dome and map lights to blue..probably wont but maybe sometime!
Old 01-06-2013, 12:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by double0ram View Post
great results man! glad everything worked out well. gives everything a very clean look with awesome output.

now get on them taillights!!!!! haha
Yeah thanks for all the help! Actually..I have some HID bulbs and ballasts ordered for the headlights..they're taking forever to ship tho. Then eventually I'll get to the tail lights..

What you're forcing others to mod now to get your fill while you're briefly out of the game? just kiddin..
Old 01-08-2013, 08:43 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

yes, thats exactly it lol! so get to it!
Old 01-08-2013, 01:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
yes, thats exactly it lol! so get to it!
Well..no tail lights yet..but I do have a small mod to add.

The old brights light was a dull blue color and since it kinda looked funny with the bright blue LEDs..I decided to change it.

Green brights indicator light..and that's the last of the lights in the dash lol

Probably sometime next week...

Got to figure out how to wire some single blue LED bulbs into the headlight switch area as well as the climate control area so those match the dash lights..also going to put one or two in the ash tray..maybe a couple other random spots around the dash..we'll see. shouldn't be too difficult to figure out though.

I ordered HIDs headlight bulbs and ballsts from DDMTuning sometime in december..and they still haven't shown up so hopefully they come in the mail later this week!

Also I'm going to order some LED lights for the license plate..somehow forgot that with my last order

Then, if everything works out, (AKA talk the girlfriend into letting me spend the money ) I have a surprise mod coming. It has nothing to do with LEDs or lighting or anything like that. Any guesses?
Old 01-08-2013, 02:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Hemi RCSB 2WD Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
REALmenRAMit is on a distinguished road

All these subtle changes go along way! Looking good!

Is this surprise mod maybe a lift? Exhaust?
Old 01-08-2013, 05:14 PM

double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

ddm comes from China, so expect a long delivery time.

for your ash tray, it's a 168 bulb, but it needs a very very slim one close to what's used in the dash lights, the T10 bulbs. the glove box could also use a 168 led LOL!!

The headlight switch and HVAC switches are a variety of T5? and smaller. when I swapped mine to red leds, I ordered trial and error by ordering one of each of the minis from super bright leds. pull the switches out and the bulbs are a circle with either a Philips + or a flathead - inside the circle, they twist out real easy with the corresponding tool.

so this surprise mod.... is it something exterior based? new Hood?
Old 01-08-2013, 05:43 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

new grill RBP style, power steps, one of those beefy 500lb bumpers or just a guard. Bed mounted "roll bar" with lights?
Old 01-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REALmenRAMit View Post
All these subtle changes go along way! Looking good!

Is this surprise mod maybe a lift? Exhaust?
Thanks a lot! I'm not going to lift it..too expensive for me right now. I've got a single straight pipe exhaust..maybe sometime I'll get around to getting dual straight pipes but I couldn't figure out how to do true duals with the catalytic converter and O2 sensors??

Quote:
ddm comes from China, so expect a long delivery time.

for your ash tray, it's a 168 bulb, but it needs a very very slim one close to what's used in the dash lights, the T10 bulbs. the glove box could also use a 168 led LOL!!

The headlight switch and HVAC switches are a variety of T5? and smaller. when I swapped mine to red leds, I ordered trial and error by ordering one of each of the minis from super bright leds. pull the switches out and the bulbs are a circle with either a Philips + or a flathead - inside the circle, they twist out real easy with the corresponding tool.

so this surprise mod.... is it something exterior based? new Hood?
I looked back there and couldn't really figure it out..So I ordered just some single pre-wired 5mm LED bulbs and am going to wire them into the headlight/dome switch. Should work I think? I don't have a light in the ash tray right now? So I was going to do the same idea with the 5mm bulb and just drill a hole in the back top portion out of the way...

Never even thought about switching out the glove box light to a LED! Now you're just making me want to spend more money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDeepWaterBlue View Post
new grill RBP style, power steps, one of those beefy 500lb bumpers or just a guard. Bed mounted "roll bar" with lights?
Got a winner! It's going to just be a guard..found a good deal on one from craigslist and I've been wanting one for a while. Should look good I think!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:45 PM

yea I can't see Why it wouldn't work, those things are tricky though, sometimes they need resistors, I think 1/2 Watt resistors per led should be good. Maybe you'll have better luck than me, mine turned out pretty dim, but that was partially because red is a dimmer color.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
yea I can't see Why it wouldn't work, those things are tricky though, sometimes they need resistors, I think 1/2 Watt resistors per led should be good. Maybe you'll have better luck than me, mine turned out pretty dim, but that was partially because red is a dimmer color.
Yeah..I'm guessing if it's too dim..I'll just wire in more bulbs! You can never go wrong with more LEDs right?