DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-04-2013, 09:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Doadge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Sagebrush
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:57
hostyle34 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for all the compliments. Im going to throw an idea out and I want to know what is thought about it. All these mods are cool and all but I started out going for a real stealthy feel for the truck but after looking at some pictures, Im thinking about going in a totally different direction. What do you think about a mod inspired by WWII fighter or Vietnam era fighter? Im thinking the shark teeth, canopy vinyls, intake warnings, rescue arrows, no step, bullet holes, ect. Yeah I know its out there but if done right, could be just insane. The color scheme is just perfect for it. Maybe do interior mods to look like vintage aircraft guages and switches.
Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1797
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by hostyle34 View Post
Thanks for all the compliments. Im going to throw an idea out and I want to know what is thought about it. All these mods are cool and all but I started out going for a real stealthy feel for the truck but after looking at some pictures, Im thinking about going in a totally different direction. What do you think about a mod inspired by WWII fighter or Vietnam era fighter? Im thinking the shark teeth, canopy vinyls, intake warnings, rescue arrows, no step, bullet holes, ect. Yeah I know its out there but if done right, could be just insane. The color scheme is just perfect for it. Maybe do interior mods to look like vintage aircraft gauges and switches.
I think if it is not overdone and done tastefully, it will look good!
Plus its different....
I actually like the chrome on your truck better than the plastidip matte black.
Just my opinion and I am not a fan of chrome,...but it looks good on yours.

click here ---> Got Factory Air Suspension? - Want to Lift or Lower? <---click here

sales@bullysperformance.com

Old 01-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Charger RT AWD
Rep:623
bighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to all

That would def be trick and original. I think you should do whatever makes you happy. Make it your own and dont worry about who says what
Old 01-07-2013, 05:41 PM

Ok so I just want to preface this update with a huge: (dont mod your truck on your first day of vacation after drinking a 12-pack!) Ok so now that thats out of the way, I painted my trim from the center console as seen in another thread. After looking for 3 days to find a close color match for my exterior, I got as close as I could and I think the color is pretty good.

Ok so this was all done before I started drinking. Looks good I think.

This was the parts masked off. Pics in post install coming up.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:07 PM
Bully's Performance

fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Lets see the rest of it

click here ---> Got Factory Air Suspension? - Want to Lift or Lower? <---click here

Old 01-07-2013, 06:18 PM

Ok so heres the finished product. Keep in mind the color in the pictures is with a flash so its showing up a lot brighter than it actually is. Its a camo olive green very similar to the exterior sage brush color but not perfect. Also learned what to do and what not to do when popping the stuff back into the dash. I havent cleaned the dash up so its still got some painting dust on it and will probably redo some stuff tomorrow when Im right.

Theres 2 little spots on the lower left where it rubbed when re-installing. Looks like crap but will fix.

You can see those 2 spots really good in this pic. I also plasti-dipped the chrome ring around the shifter which I think looks so much better blacked out.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: .
Rep:4373
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Nice work, congrats on the mod, looks real nice.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:38 PM

Ok so finished the "black out" process. Did the door handles and both bumpers today. Door handles came out great, but probably going to have to re-do the bumpers at some point. They look great but you learn something every time you attempt it for the first time. The plasti-dip peel perfectly along the seams like it did with the badges so I had to use a razor to finish the job but the damage had been done. Couple small spots where it peeled a bit but you cant see it unless you're right up on it with your face down by the bumper.

New headlights should be here either tomorrow or Thursday and step bars should be shipped by the end of the week.

Also did the exhaust tips. Any drops you see on the dipped parts are actually rain drops. Everything is smooth as glass.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Bully's Performance

Looks good.
How many cans did you use?
Thoughts if using the glossifier?

Old 01-08-2013, 04:15 PM

Probably around 5 cans but I did like 7-8 coats on each part. I like the matte finish so never even thought about gloss.