DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Mirrors

ANSWERED! 
739 views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  Covingtontn 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Is there a way to get the puddle light and signal to work on 2011 Ram without by passing the door module?
Thanks
Covingtontn
Site Supporter:doh:

#2 ·
I'm not sure exactly what you mean. The puddle lamps and turn signals work through the drivers and passengers door modules, so that would technically be "without bypassing the door module". Do you mean is there a way to make them work without going through the modules?

#4 ·
Ah ok. Well, I haven't tried this myself, but I suspect the option codes will need to be put into Chryslers database. Then the new configuration will have to be downloaded to the wiTECH scan tool and then a configuration restore ran on the truck. I don't have the option codes for those mirrors but if someone that does have them would lend me the last 8 digits of their VIN number, I can probably find it. Here's the catch - Even with the option code in hand, the dealer may not be able to add it in because the mirrors aren't a Mopar dealer installed accessory.

#7 ·
You might be able to tie the puddle lamps into another lighting circuit and the turns into the other lamps but I suspect the work won't be worth the reward. Let me do some research into this and I'll see what I can come up with. I have a busy day tomorrow and then have to travel out of state tomorrow night to a Chrysler training center for an update class on Friday, so it may be next week before I can look into it. If you weren't on the opposite side of the state, I'd say let me take a shot at it.

#8 ·
Brad12kx was kind enough to pass along his VIN and here's what I came up with - it appears that all the door modules are the same with regard to capability, so those shouldn't be an issue. The two option codes I found are LEBP for the supplemental signals and LECP of the puddle lamps. If the system will allow the dealer to program in these option codes, the tech should be able to reconfigure the truck and they should work. If the system won't allow them to add in these options, ask them to file a STAR case and see if they can help.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.