DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-29-2012, 10:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:39
Spidey1.0 is on a distinguished road
Default Spidey1.0's Build

Hey everyone! I've been trying to figure out a way to become a little more active, and a little more known on here and I figured what better way than to do a build thread?

Just a little about me and my truck..Name's Will, and I'm from Ohio. My truck is a 2002 Ram 2500 with the 5.9L and a 5-speed manual transmission and 4x4. She's got 143,000 miles and still running strong!

Now to what you really care about...pictures!

These first couple of pictures are what the truck looked like the day I bought it..actually they're taken on the lot

I wanted a closer picture of the floor..since this was in the truck when I bought it I don't really know what this stuff is. Is this what the truck came with on the inside?

More to come!
Old 12-29-2012, 10:32 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Default Let the Mods begin!

As much as I liked the stock truck..I couldn't resist making it my own.

Started with replacing the stock rims and tires.

I decided to go with KMC XD "Monster" matt black 18" rims wrapped in 33" Nitto Trail Grappler Tires.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:52 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: .
Rep:4362
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Really nice sweet ride, love the look of them 2500, nice setup , great wheel and tire package, good stuff, looking forward to seeing more of what you will do with it.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Default Audio!

Next, I decided that the audio needed an upgrade. The owner of the truck before me must have had some serious audio equipment in the truck before getting rid of it...there was a ground wire under the back bench that was about a 1/2" in diameter..But when I got the truck, it had the stock radio, one of the rear speakers didn't work, the other one was the stock speaker put into this mold which was blue! Then the front speakers, the tweeters worked, but only one of the 6 1/2" speakers worked, so needless to say, it needed an upgrade.

In this picture, notice the old blue fiber glass housing..All the fiberglass speaker mounts on the doors were this color for some reason..Sorry it's not the best picture..only one i could find.

First order of business..Kenwood radio deck with AUX in for my Ipod

Front door speaker housings I recovered with black vinyl and added Kicker 6 1/2" speakers

Covering the front fiber glass housings was a real pain in the a$$ so the rear ones I just spray painted to get rid of the blue and added Kicker 6x9's

Next I got two 10" Kicker Comp VR Subs and put them underneath the back bench seat

The sub box I bought off of amazon, and it works great..the only issue I have with it is that It doesn't fit completely under the seat, which I thought it would when I bought it..oh well what can you do

I also have a 1200W Kicker Amplifier and a 1000 W Capacitor mounted underneath the front bench seats..I didn't take any pictures of those, but if anyone is wondering how I wired the audio up or anything like that, just ask and I'll take some pictures and do my best to explain
Old 12-29-2012, 11:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Default Window Tint

Next mod took me a while to decided whether or not I actually wanted to do it..The windows had always bothered me since the rear two extended cab windows were tinted dark and the front windows weren't tinted at all..

As seen here:

So I decided to go ahead and tint all the windows. I went with about a 22% tint in the back, and about 35% in the front if I remember right..(Whatever it was, it was the darkest I could legally tint them)

Side Windows..

Rear Glass..

I realize they are still different colors, but they are much closer to the same, and I absolutely love the change! I think the tint completely changed the look of the truck for the better..
Old 12-29-2012, 11:18 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

A couple of simple subtle changes came next..

If you can't Dodge it, Ram it! I put this in the lower right hand corner of the rear glass..I just thought it was funny

Finally added some camo to the truck!

Old 12-29-2012, 11:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Next mod was functional, and fun! My brother and I go mudding whenever we are together (will add some pictures of this later) so a CB to communicate back and forth was a must. Plus, I travel a lot from Ohio (where I'm going to school) to Memphis, TN (where my family lives) so having a CB helps with those long drives, and helps avoid tickets!

Simple Midland CB..Nothin too fancy, but it does the job well! I didn't have the mounting brackets, so I had to fab up a way to mount it..I actually really like how it turned out, I know it's a little crooked..but not too bad! Plus, it fits into the interior well I think..

Let's not forget the dual 4' Whips mounted in the bed!

Best picture I had of those..actually it's kind of difficult to get them to show up on camera!

Again, if anyone wants to know how I mounted the CB, or how I ran the wires...things like that, please just ask and I'll be glad to explain! or if anyone thinks I should just do it anyway for general help to people..just say so
Old 12-29-2012, 11:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Default Remote Start

When I bought the truck, it literally came with one key..that was it..and the truck already had power locks and power windows and stuff..So I bought a kit from CodeAlarm so I could unlock and lock the truck from my little key fob thing. I was going to do this myself..but the guy I bought it from said it was very difficult so I just let the shop do it..also..$20 extra got me a remote start..so I went ahead and let him do that too. This was actually one of the first mods I did to the truck..

Here's the sensor thing in the upper portion of the windshield...

Here's the key fob (you can see I've used it a lot since the buttons are warn down lol)

The remote start is pretty cool..kind of a pain since I have a stick shift. You have to make sure to put the truck in neutral and push in the emergency brake then the button that starts the truck on the fob you have to press twice and then the parking lights come on. Then you take the key out of the ignition (truck is still running) get out and shut the door. When you press the lock button, the truck turns off. Then all you do to start it is press the starter button twice on the fob, wait about 5 seconds, and the truck starts. It has really good range too..I can start it from inside a store before I leave and it'll be running when I get there..really nice in the cold winter months and Hot summer ones!
Old 12-29-2012, 11:59 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I think that's the majority of the mods I've done to the truck and where it currently sits...I've also done a complete tune-up on the truck, as well as had to replace the clutch..other than that though, no real issues.

I was going to replace the exhaust with true duals..(it currently has one straight pipe exiting in front of the passenger rear tire) but I don't know how it would be possible with the O2 sensors..I want true duals, not a catback system since I think this wouldn't alter the sound much anyways. If anyone can explain to me a way to get true duals on my truck (legally! ) that'd be awesome! I know I would have to purchase a second catalytic converter, but I just don't know if it is possible with the O2 sensors.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Default In the future...

I have ordered LED's for the dash lights, as well as the map lights and dome lights. When they arrive sometime next week, I will put a post up of these new editions.

I also ordered HID head lights and will put pictures of that as well!

I'm hoping to get LED's all around the truck, including the tail lights, the license plate lights, and the third brake lights..Once I figure out the correct bulb sizes and stuff, I'll make a thread since I was unable to find this information anywhere for a 2nd gen truck!

Let me know what you guys think of the truck! Like I said, I'm trying to get involved..and want to meet some people and talk about your trucks as well cuz there are some awesome trucks on this site that I've seen so far!