DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > 4.7L PowerTech V8 Specific Topics

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-29-2012, 11:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
dcarheel1 is on a distinguished road
Default Scratchin my head, help appreciated

Okay novice mechanic here. 2002 Dodge ram 1500 4.7L V8. Started with stalling out 10 minutes into my drive to work. Didn't want to crank so I had it towed to a local mechanic. He couldnt find anything wrong with it so I took it home. Did the same thing on my way home. Crank fine then started backfiring after about 10 minutes. Finally got P0171 code and I think a 306 for a misfire. I changed plugs and 2 coils that looked bad. Still doing the same thing. I recently replaced the TPS, so I cleaned the IAC and replaced the air intake temperature sensor. Also cleaned the K & N filter with the cleaning set. I replaced the hose pieces that come from the back of the intake to the oil fill neck. I checked the hose coming from the drum on the driver side which I think is a vacuum line. I was wondering if there is a vacuum line on the passenger side. This is where I hear a small hiss but can't locate. I also recently replaced the radiator, thermostat, and water pump. I had a small light drip come from the exhaust so I ran a bottle of Bar's head gasket seal in my coolant and now it drives for about 15 minutes and does the same thing. Any help would be appreciated before I am down to hard tack and juniper berries. Thanks
Sponsored links
Old 01-10-2013, 10:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
Archaea is on a distinguished road

Hey, dcarheel1. It sounds like you stumped everyone with this. So the 0171 says you have a lean mixture on the left bank and as noted you had a misfire in cylinder 6 (P0306). Not sure about the head gasket. Running lean on one cylinder correct?