DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
FGT Motorsport
Bayou Goat Mounts
Mopar Online Parts!

Old 01-13-2013, 08:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Outdoorsman
Color: Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
out-n-about is on a distinguished road
Default The results are in.

Well after owning my 2012 Outdoorsman for about 3 months I finally took all my receipts and calculated my overall MPG.

So far I'm averaging about 14.9 MPG with a low of 13.2 MPG and a high of 17.3 MPG.

I was shocked to find I have put about $900 in fuel so far into this beast! LOL

Well at least its right on with combined milage since I do about 50/50 hwy/cty.

Just thought I'd share.
Sponsored links
Old 01-13-2013, 09:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500/2016 Ram
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl/Delmonico Red pearl
Rep:2705
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

You may see your MPG pick up a bit around 5,000 miles

I ran my Ram across the public scale before i started setting it up for my business, it weighed right at 5,300 pounds
After getting it set up, it weighed 6,000 pounds, with no gas in the 30 gallon auxiliary gas tank & i was out of the truck
I now have 81,000 miles on it, MPG is 17.4 highway, when the overhead sign is down
15.8 when it is raised
I don't use Drive when running around town, it keeps the MDS from trying to kick in & out again, making that funny sound that draws everyones attention
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) , 3.55 differential, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau, Line_X, DEBO Step, Mag-Hytec

2016 Ram 3.0 diesel undergoing Mods G2 tonneau, Line-X, Weathertech mats, Mag-Hytec differential cover
Old 01-13-2013, 11:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
jjpea is on a distinguished road

At the moment i'm getting 11.2 at 80. If I creep along at 55 it'll show 17.5-18.2. Mine is lifted 4 inches but with stock tires.
This is going off the computer. Can't rely too much on my receipts as I use the remote start often since it's been below zero, alot.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:21 AM

Vehicle: 2015 Ram 2500 Crew
Color: Silver
Rep:147
TVL will become famous soon enoughTVL will become famous soon enough

When mine was new, the mileage was horrible! So, I stopped looking. About 6 months later I checked again and it appreciably better. Of course I made it worse with a lift and bigger tires.....and then fixed it with a Trintiy T1000 tuner! Now, fastNugly wants me to mess it up again with 4.56 gears!

2015 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi, 4:10 gear ratio, 5" Rough Country Lift, 20" MotoMetal 962 Wheels with 0 offset, Nitto Trail Grappler 37 X 12.50 Tires, Bakflip G2 Box Cover, LineX Spray-on Bedliner, Amp Research Power step
Old 01-14-2013, 12:33 AM
REVEL PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Revel Performance is a splendid one to beholdRevel Performance is a splendid one to beholdRevel Performance is a splendid one to beholdRevel Performance is a splendid one to beholdRevel Performance is a splendid one to beholdRevel Performance is a splendid one to beholdRevel Performance is a splendid one to beholdRevel Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVL View Post
When mine was new, the mileage was horrible! So, I stopped looking. About 6 months later I checked again and it appreciably better. Of course I made it worse with a lift and bigger tires.....and then fixed it with a Trintiy T1000 tuner! Now, fastNugly wants me to mess it up again with 4.56 gears!
lol sounds about like my truck and i too will be messing it up with 4.56's too, that is if and when i can find a shop around here willing to do it

Old 01-14-2013, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhinkle1989 View Post
lol sounds about like my truck and i too will be messing it up with 4.56's too, that is if and when i can find a shop around here willing to do it
I'm having the same problem....The dealership gave me quote, but usually I respond better with dinner, a movie and a kiss before I get screwed!

2015 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi, 4:10 gear ratio, 5" Rough Country Lift, 20" MotoMetal 962 Wheels with 0 offset, Nitto Trail Grappler 37 X 12.50 Tires, Bakflip G2 Box Cover, LineX Spray-on Bedliner, Amp Research Power step
Old 01-14-2013, 12:39 AM
REVEL PERFORMANCE

Revel Performance is a splendid one to beholdRevel Performance is a splendid one to beholdRevel Performance is a splendid one to beholdRevel Performance is a splendid one to beholdRevel Performance is a splendid one to beholdRevel Performance is a splendid one to beholdRevel Performance is a splendid one to beholdRevel Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVL View Post
I'm having the same problem....The dealership gave me quote, but usually I respond better with dinner, a movie and a kiss before I get screwed!
no joke lol, i am leaning twoards shipping my d*mn truck to the Canadians to do as they are fearless when it comes to this type of thing lol. (and it would save me 10 headaches trying to find someone around here willing to do it and confident about it)

additionally wonder what kind of deal i can get on that exchange rate

Jeremiah

Old 01-14-2013, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhinkle1989 View Post
no joke lol, i am leaning twoards shipping my d*mn truck to the Canadians to do as they are fearless when it comes to this type of thing lol. (and it would save me 10 headaches trying to find someone around here willing to do it and confident about it)

additionally wonder what kind of deal i can get on that exchange rate

Jeremiah
Talk to fastNugly. He offered to set me up with his guy in Toronto! It's just a ways to drive for me....about 1400 miles one way.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:49 AM
REVEL PERFORMANCE

its about 1000 miles for me (968 to city center) i have talked to him about it in the past will likely take him up on it sooner or later however with my work schedule the way it is i may have to have the truck shipped up there and back, so that'll add another thousand or 2 onto the price tag but it will be worth it.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:11 PM

Vehicle: no car
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:3238
PaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond repute

I generally drive only short distances (only 1900 miles and have had it since May 10, 2012) Was initially getting 14.9, dropped to about 14.0 in mid-summer, then started to slowly climb back, until winter blend gas started to be pumped. now I'm getting 13.3. I really hate the winter butane-filled mix.