DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Product Reviews

Notices

Product Reviews Have you found a great product, or a really bad one and you just need to tell someone about it! Post up a review for the benefit of all!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-10-2012, 11:57 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:34
Jchaney579 is on a distinguished road
Default BT Catch Can 3500+ miles Report/Reveiw

Well I just got back from a trip consisting of a drive from Houston Texas to Neuton Illinois.

Was about 1500 or so miles round trip. I decided to not change my catch can oil before I left to see how much it would fill up. I put it on the truck at 1200 miles, then checked it at 1400 miles to see if it was working. Since 1400 miles I have not unscrewed it or even looked at it. Now pulling into the drive way at home with over 5200 miles on the truck I decided to check it and take a picture.

Now THIS THING WAS FULL! Mind you I spilled quite a bit off the top unscrewing it as it was practically over flowing. I don't know for sure if that is bad that I let it go so long?

The fit and finish of this thing is top notch. I know it is quite a bit on the price wise side of things, but for what you pay for you get a good chunk of metal that they make these things out of. It looks good, as well as fits amazingly. The Z mount bolts right up and the tubing only needs to be cut to desired lengths and you are done. Also it does not matter what the tubing configuration you go with. Just make sure one is an inlet and the other is an outlet and you are set. I would try not to have a lot of slack in the tubing and cut it down to size as that is just making the fluid travel a lot farther and making it unnecessary. I have not had any problems with the bolt coming undone or vibrating out as some of asked the question. I checked when I just dumped it 3500+ miles down the road and it was as tight as the day I put it on. No lock tight or nothing.

I did notice the truck feeling like it was running a bit smoother after putting it on and running it through its passes to start taking the oil out of the line. It sounded a bit meaner and also smelt a bit different "Almost cleaner" out the back end after awhile too. Don't know if that was directly related to this, but I think it had something to do with the whole thing.

I would recommend BT to anybody with a 4th gen truck to help make the truck run smoother and perform for a lot longer time. Hell maybe even free up a horse or two on the ass-o-meter!

Just wanted to post it up for the ones who are not for sure if they should get a catch can or not

Last edited by Jchaney579; 07-11-2012 at 12:01 AM.
Sponsored links
Old 07-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

I'd say that's its certainly a piece of mind mod for sure. Nice review man.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I am going in for service Friday & will be emptying my BT Catch Can about the same time

On Tuesday i will drive from San Diego to Toronto & then down into Connecticut, i will be changing fluid again just before leaving Connecticut to return back to San Diego

I now have 66,000 + miles it on & i am curious just how much oil will be caught by the catch can
I took the same trip last year & it was only 1/2 full
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 11-20-2012, 10:03 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:40
Emorris69 is on a distinguished road

Yea I think I am going to take advantage of their black friday specials and pick one up
Old 01-13-2013, 01:40 AM

Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Traker82 is on a distinguished road

Where did you get it from?
Old 01-13-2013, 02:07 AM

Vehicle: 2012 RAM Sport CC 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Rep:623
bighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traker82 View Post
Where did you get it from?
Billet Technology. A lot of us on here have them and I would say anyone of us would reccommned one to anyone.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:00 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:81
1500ram12 will become famous soon enough

I cant wait to get mine. should be here monday. I just added a 87mm throttle body yesterday. the stock tb with a little over 9k on it didn't look very dirty, but still want the to protect the new investment
Old 01-13-2013, 11:13 AM

bighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to all

Its cheap insurance. I think they should come from the factory.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:31 PM

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighemi04 View Post
Its cheap insurance. I think they should come from the factory.
I definitely can picture this happening in the future as a factory option.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by double0ram View Post
I definitely can picture this happening in the future as a factory option.
Idk I think too many people would forget about it and it would get full and whatever negatives come from that. It is approved by MOPAR Performance though