DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Warranty Issues

Notices

Dodge Ram Warranty Issues Discuss your Dodge Ram Warranty in this forum.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-26-2012, 01:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
neuman22 is on a distinguished road
Default Hosed on extended warranty

So I had my '09 Ram 4x4 at the dealership last week to get a few things done, mainly to have the 4 inch Mopar lift installed, but also to get my rear power sliding window fixed since it would not close. I opened it one day to let the dog hang her head out the window while in the backseat and when I tried to close it the window wouldn't move. I ended up taking the guide wire loose and sliding it closed by hand because the window would not move even while pushing on it and depressing the switch on the overhead console at the same time. Well the service guy calls me after they're all done and tells me that the motor is working but the track wire is broken and the window needs to be replaced because its stripped where the guide wire attaches. BUT...... those parts are not covered under the extended warranty. WTF?!?!?!?!?!?! Okay.... so I ask how much is it to fix? $600..... uh nah, I'll pass, especially since I just spent $1600 to have you install my lift, do a brake job on all 4 brakes, and replace the rear rotors. Then I figure I'll just do it myself so I ask how much the parts cost. $300..... once again, nah.... just leave it.

So when I got home I pulled out the paperwork for my lifetime extended warranty and it says verbatim under "COVERAGE UNER THE PLAN: WHAT IS COVERED" MOPAR ACCESSORIES: The following Mopar accessories are covered provided they were installed by a Chrysler authorized facility; (bunch of other stuff) Power Sliding Rear Windows (trucks). I decided to call Chrysler's customer service and see what they say. I explain the issue to them and they tell me the same BS that the cable and window are not covered. SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?! So I asked what was covered and the guy tells me that only the motor is coverd. At this point I'm trying to keep from coming unglued on the poor guy. I asked him if the wire was included in the motor assembly and of course he didn't know. So I point out the wording to him in the service contract which he obviously has no control over since that's handled by the lawyers and VP's at Chrysler, to which he agreed was BS.

So to sum things up I got screwed on this one. Guess I'll pull my rear seat out this weekend and see if I can find a way to reattach the guide wire, and I'm sure I can epoxy it back into guide rail on the window. If not, I'm sure there's a junkyard around that has those parts.
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2012, 01:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Which Extended Warranty did you purchase ?

When my original Factory Warranty was almost up, (i believe that i had the 7 year/ **** mile warranty originally)
Only 3 years or 36,000 mile warranty is covered under the factory part of that warranty.
I had about 2 years & 34,000 miles on my Ram. I went into the person that handles warranties. He told me that there were 2 different warranties to consider. The ADDED CARE or the MAXIMUM CARE
I bought the Lifetime Maximum Care Extended Warranty w/ $100 deductible
I had to trade in whatever warranty that i still had, it was PRO RATED & the remaining money was applied to the new warranty.

The Extended Care Extended Warranty covers everything but,
•Maintenance services and items used in such services.
•Glass, plastic lenses.
•Body and paint items, including soft trim.
•Wear items such as manual clutch assembly, brake pads, shoes, rotors, drums and belts are not covered at any time.
•Snow plows, winches and trailer hitches

If it's mechanical, it's covered!

http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/maximum_care.cfm
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 09-26-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
neuman22 is on a distinguished road

After looking at the added care warranty that appears to be what I have even though it was sold to me as a bumper to bumper, all inclusive, I will never have to pay more than $100 to get anything fixed on my truck. Guess I can go back to the dealer that I originally bought my truck from and raise a stink, but I doubt it will do any good.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:355
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

I'm assuming it is a Chrysler sold and backed warranty or you wouldn't have called them to clarify? The reason I ask is because that sounds just like some BS that an independent third party warranty/service contract provider would tell you. Oh yeah, coverage of that system only applies to this one component and any cost related to diagnostics and labor to remove or reinstall other parts that aren't covered is on you.

I always thought Chrysler was above such bull. That makes me sad to hear.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

The ADDED care & Maximum Care warranties from Chrysler are so different
For me it was worth a few extra $$$ to go with the Maximum Care w/ $100 deductible

If you go to the dealership to have just one thing fixed, it costs me $100
if it is not critical, i wait until i have 2, 3, 4 things that need fixing, it only cost me $100 for all to be done at once
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 10-01-2012 at 02:12 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:01 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Window regulators are not covered by Chrysler extended warranties, only the motors themselves. If this were a door window, it would be covered because the motor and regulator are made/sold/installed as a single unit.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Black
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
BigAl71 is on a distinguished road

Hi guys
This is my first post.
I hope this is somewhat relevant to previous posts on warranty bs.
Just picked up my new truck on Friday from an out-of -town dealer (5hrs away) and they really wanted to sign me to the extended warranty. For just 2 additional years and another 60,000k's they wanted almost $3G's!!
Kept telling me my nav unit was over $3500 and if that went, well u know.
I almost bit, then common sense slapped me upside the head.
They weren't real happy when I nixed the extension.
Don't you have the option of extending warranty coverage as your current warranty nears expiration anyway?
My dealer's finance manager was pretty slick and he almost laughed when I said I'd pay them $1500 for 2 additional years of bumper-bumper.
Glad they didn't accept my offer.
Has anyone tried the third-party companies offering coverage?

Here's to not getting hosed by damn warranty fine print!
Old 01-13-2013, 11:52 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:355
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl71 View Post
Has anyone tried the third-party companies offering coverage?
Welcome to the forumz! Here is a link to a thread I started a while back to share my research and personal experience with a third-party warranty company.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread....490#post852490

It's really long so read it if you are interested but if not, I will sum it up....

The vast majority if not all third-party warranty providers are out to screw you royally. If you think the dealer-backed warranty is trying to rip you, wait until you get a load of these third-party wolves. They will screw you and laugh while they do it.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:14 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

The thing that the warranty people forget to tell the customer, & it leaves the customer wondering, as i did

They don't just sell you the extended warranty & you have to pay for the Full amount.
When you start the process,
First you CANCEL the old warranty, it still has value, so they Pro Rate it
(much like what is done with a bad tire)
The Extended Warranty cost is say for instance, $6,000
They they subtract the Pro Rated amount from the $6,000

I had 34,000 miles on my Ram when i went for the Extended Warranty, the Pro Rated amount that went toward the new Warranty, brought the new Warranty down to $1100 w/$100 deductible
I was given the choice of monthly payment plan or single payment