DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-15-2013, 01:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedghawg71 View Post
How about not turning a HEMI into a Bitch motor with a computer limiting everything it is capable of doing like it is now. Ford and GM aren't scared and Dodge used to be the underdog back in the day that everyone loved and wanted. Basically, sell your military like encryption on the ECM's to the military and build real cars and trucks again. I'm about done with Dodge if this is all Dodge is gonna churn out.

And a 5-6 speed manual transmission WITH A REAL CLUTCH in your HEMI equipped RAM's wouldn't hurt either. Not that PS3 video game shifting automatics you make now.
Bitch motor? I guess they could crank out more horsepower if the customers stop giving a damn about things like durability, reliability and warranties. Getting 390 HP out of 5.7 liters while remaining emissions compliant was moon talk in the 90's. Don't like the way they're being built? Complain to Obama and the other hippies, tree huggers, and cry babies that are whining for lower emissions and better fuel economy.
Sponsored links
Old 02-17-2013, 12:05 AM
Misses the Champ.

Vehicle: 2012 1500 reg. cab 4x4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3248
PaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamTech View Post
Bitch motor? I guess they could crank out more horsepower if the customers stop giving a damn about things like durability, reliability and warranties. Getting 390 HP out of 5.7 liters while remaining emissions compliant was moon talk in the 90's. Don't like the way they're being built? Complain to Obama and the other hippies, tree huggers, and cry babies that are whining for lower emissions and better fuel economy.
Totally agree, RamTech. I have an awesome RAM truck for about $30,000 bucks that goes like a raped ape. I keep reading these posts about wanting these trucks to be like a top fuel dragster. If that is what you want to drive, you should be looking elsewhere. JMO.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 08 Ram
Trim Level: 1500 Big Horn
Color: Electric Blue Pearl
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:119
ICEMAN99TURBO will become famous soon enoughICEMAN99TURBO will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ICEMAN99TURBO Send a message via Yahoo to ICEMAN99TURBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsRamTruck2012 View Post
My biggest and only compliant is those damn Tire Presure Sensors. I can't take the truck on a long drive without those damn things going off. They need to either get rid of them which our fine goverment will not allow or they need to come up with a better sensor that only goes off if there is a problem.

Been to the dealer 2x and both times had them look at this and so far the pcm has left no codes and all my tires are just fine.
AMEN!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 05:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 CCSB
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White/Silver two tone
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:41
Salt And Vinegar is on a distinguished road

For the love of god do not follow suit with all the other automakers! Heres the breakdown of my 2012 Cummins and why I bought it:

Highs:
gobs of power and build like a real diesel should (Pre-urea, getting a DPF delete)
6-speed G-56 manual trans (as manual as they come, DO NOT DROP THIS OPTION!)
selectable 2wd/4wd with NO AWD, AWD gays up an HD model
solid axle front end

Lows:
non locking diff, would like to see at least one locker on the Ram
traction/stability (let me get into this further, its great you can take traction off, but why is the stability pump linked to cruise? I need to be in 4x4 low just to have all the safety bull gone... The most fun I ever had in my truck is when the pump ran a code and failed so I didnt have cruise nor stability... Thinking hard on breaking this again just so I can be done with stability!)

Long story short, as long as Ram keeps a hand-operated multi-ratio cog swapper and a foot modulated power output regulator in their trucks I''l always be loyal to Ram.