DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-27-2013, 01:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
BgHrn is on a distinguished road

When you get a tune from Hemifever, how do you upload it? Im new to the DSP piece.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:20 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Hemi
Trim Level: Express
Color: Blue Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:18
Stormracer is on a distinguished road
Default 2 Wheels!

I know were talking about our trucks, but also speed. I was babysitting my sons R1 for the winter down in New Mexico some years ago. One nice early Sunday morning I decided I would go for a ride, just as the sun was rising across the White Sands Desert between Alamagordo and Las Cruces. I went out across those flats and was just cruising at 60 MPH then I shifted down a couple of gears and nailed it. Within 1/2 of a mile or so I was doing 176 and it was still pulling like a freight train. But I stopped at that speed, the bike was smooth as glass and stable what a rush!
Old 01-27-2013, 04:11 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormracer View Post
I know were talking about our trucks, but also speed. I was babysitting my sons R1 for the winter down in New Mexico some years ago. One nice early Sunday morning I decided I would go for a ride, just as the sun was rising across the White Sands Desert between Alamagordo and Las Cruces. I went out across those flats and was just cruising at 60 MPH then I shifted down a couple of gears and nailed it. Within 1/2 of a mile or so I was doing 176 and it was still pulling like a freight train. But I stopped at that speed, the bike was smooth as glass and stable what a rush!
now your talking my language, R1's are beasts, I have an 07 turbo's r1 stretched 6", with new gearing and various other mods, the fastest i hvae took it was around 180mph and its still had plenty left to go

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
July Blowout Sale! 10% over cost and free shipping on any and all in stock items!
Old 01-27-2013, 04:57 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Hemi
Trim Level: Express
Color: Blue Pearl
Rep:18
Stormracer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhinkle1989 View Post
now your talking my language, R1's are beasts, I have an 07 turbo's r1 stretched 6", with new gearing and various other mods, the fastest i hvae took it was around 180mph and its still had plenty left to go

I have rode bikes for over 30 years and I have never rode such a smooth handling powerhouse of a machine!
Old 01-27-2013, 05:29 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormracer View Post
I have rode bikes for over 30 years and I have never rode such a smooth handling powerhouse of a machine!
I have not rode bikes near that long, however I have been on street bikes for roughly the past 9 years, and of the big 3 "super bikes"(as insurance companies will classify them) I have road GSXR 1000's and 750's, Busa's and R1's and R6's and I must say my R1 handles best IMO, it is pretty much a track only bike now but it is alot of fun

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
July Blowout Sale! 10% over cost and free shipping on any and all in stock items!
Old 01-27-2013, 10:28 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Hemi express quad
Trim Level: ST express
Color: Grey
Rep:195
RAM EM has a spectacular aura aboutRAM EM has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgert View Post
160 in a 5.0 wtf did you have done to it
Quote:
That is insane fast... you are more of a man than I am I would not go the fast on 4 wheels, on two now that is a whole other store I too would like to know what was done to that 5.0 that is crazy fast for a 5.0 how did it handle at speeds above 120?

Thanks
Jeremiah
Lots of suspension parts, lots of go-fast parts, and a T-56 . It handled very well at all speeds! It had a little more, but I was running out of cajones and road very quickly. Not too sane, in retrospect.

-DS Trinity- Hemifever tuned - 18" Magnaflow - BT catch can - 180 Tstat - 22" SRT10's - 305/45 Nitto 420 - SG 2/4 drop - blacked out heads/tinted tails - dechromed/debadged - 20% tint-
Old 01-27-2013, 10:55 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Ram 2500
Color: White
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:26
Moose612 is on a distinguished road

Lol The fastest I've driven was 140 on a lonely Wisconsin back road in my bosses lexus. I don't remember what model. I was young dumb and full of well you know the rest.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:22 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram
Trim Level: express
Color: blue
blue beast is on a distinguished road

i have the b&g tune and have had my truck to 142 going off my buddys gps on his phone. it was still pulling hard but got out the gas cuz i was coming up on a car.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:50 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ford Mustang
Trim Level: GT
Color: Race Red
Zevox is on a distinguished road

This Charger R/T blew by me late one night doing like 75mph to my 60 and my brother(horrible influence) said, "You're going to let that guy blow by you like that?" Of course not? By the time I caught up we were both at 100 and went, not a strong speed range for me. I buried 120 and finally pulled on him after he shut off. Hurt my feeling a little but man was I flying. Not sure when a Charger cuts off but I was over that. Was going so fast my tires started to rub my fenders, not a fun noise to hear.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:29 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram SXT
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Black
Rep:12
RAMDJM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I have not rode bikes near that long, however I have been on street bikes for roughly the past 9 years, and of the big 3 "super bikes"(as insurance companies will classify them) I have road GSXR 1000's and 750's, Busa's and R1's and R6's and I must say my R1 handles best IMO, it is pretty much a track only bike now but it is alot of fun

Thanks
Jeremiah
Im all about the Busa's I have a 2000, stretched slammed, just a couple bolt ons and the thing will do as fast as i need and still be comfortable to hop on and ride for long periods. I haven't had anything match it minus the new kawi 14's