DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-27-2013, 04:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 Ram 5.9 diesel
Trim Level: QUAD CAB SLT 4X4
Color: white
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:80
dwanton will become famous soon enough

it very much depends on the dealership and its service manager ..

some dealers overlook aftermarket add-ons and others wont even work on your truck.

if you add an aftermarket muffler I am sure you dont expect the dealer to warranty it for you , but it will not void the warranty if your window switches do not work anymore.

warranty covers oem factory parts the way the vehicle was delivered at the time of purchase unless caused to fail due to changes made by a non factory part . some dealers add aftermarket accessories at time of purchase and will cover those .

also if your vehicle has been in an accident of any modification made after purchase than that shop is responsible for there work and parts they installed so you need to contact them .

dealer technicians can tell what has been worked on before. there are lots of ways of knowing

the OP did specify a question directly for RAMTECH so I do appoligize for giving my 2 cents .

Last edited by dwanton; 01-27-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 01-27-2013, 04:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Tradesman
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: Pearl Blue
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:52
Engine3nfd will become famous soon enough

I appreciate all the posts on this, the only reason I directed it to RamTech was because he works at a dealership and I cannot PM him as of yet. If any of you guys could copy and paste the original post and PM him directly for me that would be much appreciated.

The muffler has its own lifetime warranty so Im not worried about that, i just dont want my piston rod to snap and then they say because i put a muffler and an air filter in they are not covering it under warranty, thats my only concern.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:39 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Ram 5.9 diesel
Trim Level: QUAD CAB SLT 4X4
Color: white
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:80
dwanton will become famous soon enough

the only thing that i have ever heard of with any oiled airfilters, is the oil in the filter may get sucked in .

silly as it sounds , but true

Ramtech has a great write up on here that is about taking your vehilce into the dealership and what you can expect.

loyal and friendly customer get the craziest stuff warrantied just becuase they are known as a repeat customer .

bring donuts , bagles , soft pretzels -- anything with you on your next service and see how you get treated from that day on !!!!!

Last edited by dwanton; 01-27-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:39 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:632
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

i would just try another dealer in your area. you also understand that except for some sound there are no benefits to adding a cai.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntergreen View Post
i would just try another dealer in your area. you also understand that except for some sound there are no benefits to adding a cai.

Im not installing a cold air intake, just replacing the air filter...... So it really shouldnt void anything..... lol.. I went on K&N's website and they have a video proving that the oil doesn't foul up the Mass Airflow sensor and that it is virtually impossible for the oil to get sucked into the engine..... But your right, depends on the service manager's attitude... I will definitely try to bribe them with some free food.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

It is funny, walk into my Dodge dealerships Parts Dept. & you see Chrysler T-shirts of every kind, Mopar & weathertech floor mats, different chemicals, nerf bars, & one whole wall with nothing but K & N filters

By the way, Ramtech will be working tomorrow & when he gets a break, he checks the Z
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 01-27-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge ram sport
Trim Level: 1500
Color: Maximum steel metal
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Silverfang is on a distinguished road

I talked to the parts guy at my local Chrysler /Dodge Ram dealer and he told me that CHRYSLER has stated "if a vhecial comes in with an engine knock and it has an after market cold air intake" warranty WILL be nill and void. I wanted to install the airaid cold air intake but am not sure what to do now. So to me it sounds like a little bit of a Grey area. From what I have read on here.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:14 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: Power Wagon
Color: Inferno Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:26
06PowerWagon is on a distinguished road

thats odd my dealership didnt care about the mods to my truck the warranty still covered it all but then again ITS up to your dealership.. and how they work... mine knew me and ALL my trucks were thru them so I have a record of trucks and repairs with them... and then when the Dealers Warranty ran out I bought an After Market Warranty and they cover the OEM parts and pay for the 5 day rental... If i need one... and I had to speak with the Higher up about the Winch on my truck bc the ""Lady"" tried to say that the Power Wagon does NOT come factory with a Winch.... so the Higher up called my dealer and now its being replaced...
Old 01-28-2013, 05:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Yeah Im still having a problem just getting clarification on what will void what, but that is to be expected.... From what I can tell, as long as a muffler doesn't void a warranty on a wheel bearing or differential, I should be good lol.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:32 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: Power Wagon
Color: Inferno Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:26
06PowerWagon is on a distinguished road

well good luck on whatever happens ... Hopefully it will get taken care of ... GOOD LUCKS