DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 > Exhaust

Notices

Exhaust 5.7 HEMI Exhaust Discussion

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-28-2013, 12:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Burgundy
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
adamjak is on a distinguished road
Default Can't decide on exhaust!!!!

Hi Everyone!

I wonder if I could get some suggestions from you guys.\

I got a 06 hemi 4x4 and I am looking to get a cat back.

I want the nice dual exhaust but the truck currently only has a single pipe at the back .

I like the flowmaster kits but looking for some opinions.

Don't really want a hard rumble just a nice suttle growl.

Thanks guys!!!
Sponsored links
Old 01-28-2013, 01:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Rep:1900
gonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjak View Post
Hi Everyone!

I want the nice dual exhaust but the truck currently only has a single pipe at the back .

Thanks guys!!!
flowmasters can get pretty loud (i havet he 40 series), and from the sounds of it you don't want that. I would look into magnaflows. I think the longest is 24"? down to 18"...the shorter the "louder" there are so many threads on here about which ones give what affects. But it seems magnaflow will give you what you want. A nice tone at idle, but when you step on it, shes growls pretty good. i'm sure jhinkle1989 will chime in on this and discuss your options of ordering through him to get a smokin deal on a exhaust set up for you.
JVC Arsenal KD, Bilstein 5100 adjustables [maxed], aFe Stage 2 Air Intake, Superchips 3865, Husky Floor Mats, Saddleman Camo Seat Covers, Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler SI/DO, 20 % Tint. 35x12.5x17 Federal Couragia M/T, 17x8.5 VTEC Warlord wheels, -12mm offest.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:47 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Hi Everyone!

Thanks guys!!!
I would just like to say that gonefishing is right, the flow master can get pretty loud, if you looking for a nice "suttle" growl I would not personally go this route.

If you do not currently have duals you are going to want to do a complete cat back system that way you don't have to have anything custom fabbed by an exhaust shop or be running back and fourth to the parts store to grab new bends and straits and such

For the sound you are describing I would suggest to you a magnaflow cat back 18" muffler or a 24" muffler.

The magnaflow has a couple of different options as far as dual exhaust goes one set up would be split duals out the back of the truck the other would be dual's out the side same side, you can view the pics below to get an idea of what I am talking about

The magnaflow 18" out the back we retail @ $739.99
The magnaflow 24" out the back we retail @ $714.00

The Magnaflow 18" same side exit we retail @ $712.00
The Magnaflow 24" same side exit we retail @ $650.00

I would be more than happy to get one out to you, if you Contact me I can get you even better pricing that is to low to advertise !

If you have any othere questions or run across any other system you might be interested in feel free to contact me and I would be more than happy to see what kind of a deal we could get you

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin776 View Post
flowmasters can get pretty loud (i havet he 40 series), and from the sounds of it you don't want that. I would look into magnaflows. I think the longest is 24"? down to 18"...the shorter the "louder" there are so many threads on here about which ones give what affects. But it seems magnaflow will give you what you want. A nice tone at idle, but when you step on it, shes growls pretty good. i'm sure jhinkle1989 will chime in on this and discuss your options of ordering through him to get a smokin deal on a exhaust set up for you.
How did you know I was going to chime in

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 01-28-2013, 01:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

gonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhinkle1989 View Post

How did you know I was going to chime in
because you are an excellent salesman, and why wouldn't you?
JVC Arsenal KD, Bilstein 5100 adjustables [maxed], aFe Stage 2 Air Intake, Superchips 3865, Husky Floor Mats, Saddleman Camo Seat Covers, Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler SI/DO, 20 % Tint. 35x12.5x17 Federal Couragia M/T, 17x8.5 VTEC Warlord wheels, -12mm offest.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Burgundy
adamjak is on a distinguished road

Haha.....Awesome info guys....thanks a lot, I will think about the options and get back to you for sure Jeremiah. I'm in Canada so I'm sure there will be extra fees I will have to pay for stupid shipping but I will try to read about magnaflow and maybe a few other ones and make a decision. BTW...never knew that flowmaster would be that loud....thanks guys
Old 01-28-2013, 03:19 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Haha.....Awesome info guys....thanks a lot, I will think about the options and get back to you for sure Jeremiah. I'm in Canada so I'm sure there will be extra fees I will have to pay for stupid shipping but I will try to read about magnaflow and maybe a few other ones and make a decision. BTW...never knew that flowmaster would be that loud....thanks guys
Sounds good and we Ship to Canada on a daily basis , so this is not a problem for us and we can work with you on the fees most of the time, so whenever you are ready reach out to me, alot of the times our customers find it is best to chat with us on our website, or send me a text, we have multiple forms of communication though check my signature for all of them

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 01-28-2013, 04:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Express Crew Cab
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:21
KYSEAN is on a distinguished road

I have the 22" Magnaflow and the sound is perfect for me. I don't think the 24" would be much different than stock except when you get on it. Either one of those two are fairly quite at idle and around town. Nice steady sound at highway speeds.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
a video of my truck with flowmaster 40 series exhaust to show you how loud it can be.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 ram sport
Color: black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
grizzlylongcut is on a distinguished road

i went with the magnaflow 14inch,its got a nice low rumble.but no loud cracking like a straight pipe.it pretty close to what gonefishing sounds like in the video,nice video by the way
Old 01-28-2013, 04:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlylongcut View Post
i went with the magnaflow 14inch,its got a nice low rumble.but no loud cracking like a straight pipe.it pretty close to what gonefishing sounds like in the video,nice video by the way
thanks. i'm very curious to hear the 14" and 18" maggies in person. esp if you say the 14" sounds close to mine