DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-30-2013, 08:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram
Trim Level: st
Color: white
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
fishinf1 is on a distinguished road
Default Loud!

So I dropped a penny into a Mufflex 18 against my better thoughts. Mufflex does a nice job on their welds and shipping but the clamps sent with the package are a little less than choice. Not bad mouthing the company but just thinking I should have went with my gut on this one. Anyway, I installed the kit and was thinking the clamps that were sent with the system were inadequate. Indeed they are. I tightened them to almost a breaking level. Went to drive the ol' lady to the store and my exhaust got extremely loud. The tail pipe came apart from the muffler. Long story short I should have just bought the muffler and welded it up in the shop. could have saved 175 bones. To fix the issue I put a standard 3" clamp in place of the inferior clamps sent with the kit. Issue fixed.

Holy crap that 18" Magnaflow is loud without the resonator attached.
Sponsored links
Old 01-30-2013, 08:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 ram 1500 QC 2wd
Trim Level: Big horn
Color: Brilliant black pearl
Rep:150
Ramfd has a spectacular aura aboutRamfd has a spectacular aura about

I have the DODm80 delete kit on mine, and the first time i installed it i had the same issue. I went back in and retightened everything again and now I haven't had any issues in a year now. I am curious though on how loud yours is without the resonators compared to mine with the delete kit + resonators. Mine is loud enough i cant use the uconnect system even with the windows up, too much background noise. I wouldnt trade it for anything else though.
Belltech 2/4 Drop, Mufflex delete, aFe stage II intake, Pace Edwards Jackrabbit bed cover, Rhino Linings Spray in bed liner, Debadged, Red LED bed lighting, Airlift 1000 kit (part# 60824), Nitto 420s 285/50/20
Old 01-30-2013, 08:52 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to hear about the mis fortunes on the clamps but glad everything is all fixed up and working properly for you two now. Do you all have any sound clips of the exhaust?

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramfd View Post
I have the DODm80 delete kit on mine, and the first time i installed it i had the same issue. I went back in and retightened everything again and now I haven't had any issues in a year now. I am curious though on how loud yours is without the resonators compared to mine with the delete kit + resonators. Mine is loud enough i cant use the uconnect system even with the windows up, too much background noise. I wouldnt trade it for anything else though.
As for loudness, I started the truck without the muffler because that is what men do. From inside the cab without the resonator attached is sounded identical . Sounded like straight pipe with just a cat attached.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhinkle1989 View Post
Sorry to hear about the mis fortunes on the clamps but glad everything is all fixed up and working properly for you two now. Do you all have any sound clips of the exhaust?

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance
I Can get a sound clip tommorow. Don't get me wrong, Mufflex has a great product, great welds, perfect fit, just cheesy clamps. Shipping was extremely fast and it sounds great (when attached).
Old 01-30-2013, 09:53 PM

Vehicle: 2009 ram 1500 QC 2wd
Trim Level: Big horn
Color: Brilliant black pearl
Rep:150
Ramfd has a spectacular aura aboutRamfd has a spectacular aura about

here is a small clip of my wife leaving the house one evening. I will have to try and get a better one with some revs and maybe a drive by at WOT.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=HUi1l_BqKUI
Belltech 2/4 Drop, Mufflex delete, aFe stage II intake, Pace Edwards Jackrabbit bed cover, Rhino Linings Spray in bed liner, Debadged, Red LED bed lighting, Airlift 1000 kit (part# 60824), Nitto 420s 285/50/20
Old 01-30-2013, 11:05 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 CC 4X4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black
Rep:71
topgun will become famous soon enough

All you have to do is cut an additional slot in the pipe so it can crush down. People have had this very same issue since day 1 yet Mufflex has done nothing about it.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I thought that was strange that my muffler or pipe came with zero slits.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:12 PM

Rep:141
newfiebullet will become famous soon enoughnewfiebullet will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramfd View Post

i dont have this issue, i have the same setup only i had mine done by the exhaust shop.....on the highway at cruise mine is not even noticeable until you hit the loud pedal.....but it screams when you pin it and then i smile
Old 02-02-2013, 02:19 PM

Vehicle: 2012 R/T, 2000 Ram Off Road
Trim Level: R/T / Larmie
Color: Black
Rep:73
frickenbored will become famous soon enough

You really think its that loud? Because those cats really muffle the exhaust on these trucks. When I installed my 14" mufflex on my truck I started it up with no muffler at all and I thought it was pretty quiet still. No where near as loud as a V8 Hemi should be with open exhaust. I like my 14" muffler but I feel like its still too quiet.

Maybe I'm just used to my 88 K5, 3" true dual exhaust runnin from headers to a set of thrush mufflers to turndowns, it will make your ears bleed.