DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Accessories - Dodge Ram Parts - Dodge Ram Performance - Registered Vendors! > VARARAM - Dodge Ram Performance!

Notices

VARARAM - Dodge Ram Performance! Vararam Industries was created to bring true racing technology to the street, the most efficient air induction systems on earth. Our air induction systems produce more Power and Torque, offering you more real world performance than any of the other intake system out there, We've been tested to be the best, compared to the rest and each time VR comes out on top. - Dodge Ram Performance!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport 4x4
Color: White
Rep:213
candy08 has a spectacular aura aboutcandy08 has a spectacular aura aboutcandy08 has a spectacular aura about
Default Vararam sucked up Swamp water

I've tried to email you a few times Steve with no response. Trying to get an issue resolved. Maybe this will get your attention....

Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: '12 Ram Sport CC / '02 Durango
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:154
emjohn4 has a spectacular aura aboutemjohn4 has a spectacular aura about

Ok, I'll bite...

How did you get swamp water above the grill / hood line?

How much water was ingested?
Old 01-04-2013, 03:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

candy08 has a spectacular aura aboutcandy08 has a spectacular aura aboutcandy08 has a spectacular aura about

I didnt get in water that deep. You can see it splashed over the side of the vararam. Not sure on the amount that got in. You can see a good amount made it onto the filter. What got into the engine, not sure. It isnt hydro locked, but the oil and cai are coming off in the AM tomorrow

Here's the truck, didn't even use 4wd going to the blind that day.....

Old 01-04-2013, 03:41 PM

Vehicle: '12 Ram Sport CC / '02 Durango
Rep:154
emjohn4 has a spectacular aura aboutemjohn4 has a spectacular aura about

Based on the amount of mud and water thrown about (on your pic) - I don't think any type of open element air filter is a good idea.

Street driven truck? Probably fine.

Just my opinion.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjohn4 View Post
Based on the amount of mud and water thrown about (on your pic) - I don't think any type of open element air filter is a good idea.

Street driven truck? Probably fine.

Just my opinion.
I did buy my truck to use it as a truck

True story tho, just thought this one would be the best open air design. Maybe they should put that in the description. Until then I just want a refund so I can buy an S&B or Volant.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:41 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram CCab
Trim Level: ST
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:33
Ripper is on a distinguished road

With as little "splash" from having fun that is present on the truck in the picture it would not be "playing" in the mud that would worry me... It would be rain or snow.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:347
Ram725 is a jewel in the roughRam725 is a jewel in the roughRam725 is a jewel in the roughRam725 is a jewel in the rough

I've been looking at CAIs and when i started a thread It was between S&B and Vararam and another member said if that if the truck went off road at all too not get Vararam because of this exact issue. About to get a S&B here this week or next
Gallery - 8" LIFT - ROUGH COUNTRY - BILSTEIN - TOYO - FUEL OFFROAD - S&B - MAGNAFLOW - SMOKED LED TAILS - BILLET TECH - RECON - IRON BULL DEFENDER 4 - RIGID INDUSTRIES LEDS - Sponsored by Bully's Performance - Build Thread
Old 01-04-2013, 09:16 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Not to be a jerk to you candy, but really what did you expect? This is JMO, but come on any intake would suck up water for what you were using it in. You can see in the pictures that you had water splashing all over your engine bay, on the bottom of the hood, up on the cowl, the pcm, the brake booster, etc. Should the vararam seal to the hood better like they say? Yeah probably. But still this is to be expected IMO. I'd consider yourself lucky you don't have a damaged engine, and move on. Personally, I don't think they owe you a refund, but it will be very good of them if they offer it. Also, I may be wrong here, but there's a good chance SOMEWHERE it says not to use in this type of setting.

Again, not trying to be a jerk, just trying to put it in perspective. You took a truck that has an intake that has a clear open path to the filter/TB and were splashing around in deep muddy water.

I guess my point is, I wouldn't title the thread "vararam sucked up water", I'd title it "I splashed water on my vararam".

In any case, I hope you guys work it out and come to an agreement.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.

Last edited by snrusnak; 01-04-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

No worries man. I assumed thats why i never got a response.

Heres the thing. Not too sure how many trucks youve had, but Ive never cleaned the engine bay in my truck. I buy a truck to use my truck as truck on the farm and to hunt out of. With that said ive had this truck for 2 years. I have never cleaned the engine bay. Hell even on the wifes 135i ive never cleaned under the hood. Matter of fact the thread when i painted my tows the first week in december it got washed. The time before that it got washed was in July. Call ot what you want, but I treat it as a truck. Reguardless of the outcome, I do not recommend it to anyone that goes off pavement rather takin it easy or all out. This thread was just to let other buyers be aware of what can happe bc I wasnt. Whether or not vararam rectifies the situation its comin off the truck. Dependong on how vararam handles the situation depends on how I treat and recommend the company in the future. Either way I will be happy bc this will not be a future issue!
Old 01-05-2013, 10:17 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Maybe a snorkel would be good for your use?

I hear you, I've only owned trucks, and I know everyone uses their vehicles differently. I really try to take care of mine, however I also really don't care how dirty it is, I just want it to be protected and in good condition. I only wash my truck 1 or 2 times a year, and never clean the engine bay either(although I also never go off road). My engine bay is filthy though, but with sand instead of mud. But yeah everyone uses their vehicles differently, I think you could make a nice snorkel(not sure there are any on the market) that comes out the fender and up the A pillar, and that'd be a really nice setup for how you use your truck. It would also look great on your truck.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.

Last edited by snrusnak; 01-05-2013 at 10:21 AM.