DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-28-2013, 10:32 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Slate
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
RamSport1500 is on a distinguished road
Default Pros and Cons or Issues?

I have a 06 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Quad Cab... I am looking into a cat back exhaust system... I personally Like the looks and so far from what I can find the sound of MBRP XP Series... I have also read some people to say to get the most out of mods like a Cat-Back You should get a Tuner and a CAI....
I have hunted and searched endlessly as to what the best choice is for Cat Back, CAI or No CAI and Best Tuner to go with it all to no Avail... I get it everyone one has there favs... But a lot of what I've found is people saying no mine is better than this persons.... I just want facts... Does any one have personal experience and advice about this?
I am wanting to go MBRP XP 3" Dual Split off rear exit, A Diablo or Superchip Tuner and a K&N Intake...
I have seen a lot of people saying that they have had issues with the CAI messing with the engine performance, others saying its awesome and others saying its a waste...
Same goes with which Tuner to run....
Any one have good solid adivce and or know of any issues from what I'd like to do to my truck?
Thanks in Advance for the help!
Sponsored links
Old 01-28-2013, 11:13 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Rep:1900
gonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant future

I don't know about the MBRP XP series exhaust, never heard of it. The most popular on here are magnaflow, flowmaster, corsa... But if you read good reviews on it, and its stainless...I don't see why you shouldn't get it. Magnaflows are best for performance/freeing up exhaust...flowmasters more for sound.

As for the tuner...I would get a superchips for your truck. The diablo is more beneficial if you are custom tuning for cams, headers, other engine work. You are just adding a CAI and exhaust so you would be fine with a superchips. I have it for my 07. I also have a aFe stage 2 CAI. A lot of people run K&N and there is nothing wrong with them, however I think most people seem to like S&B and report the most noticeable difference.

You have to remember to not expect your truck to turn into a speed demon or gas sipper after this. They definitely don't decrease performance/mileage, but chances are you'll only notice slight gains...so don't be mad if your truck doesn't run like a dragster. I still have done all these mods and I am satisfied...my exhaust sounds great, my intake sounds great, my tuner helped me with turning off MDS and tire size calibration and the performance tune is noticeable. My gas still sucks cuz I run 35" mud tires but I feel like it would be worse without all these mods coupled together.

To sum it up, you can't go wrong with a superchips...i dont think there is a BAD cai out there. just pick up and run with it. But research the other brands, aFe, volant, s&b...people have good things to say and they are usually the same price range as K&n. and as i said before I don't know about that particular exhaust. hope this helps some. I know it's not dyno numbers but...
JVC Arsenal KD, Bilstein 5100 adjustables [maxed], aFe Stage 2 Air Intake, Superchips 3865, Husky Floor Mats, Saddleman Camo Seat Covers, Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler SI/DO, 20 % Tint. 35x12.5x17 Federal Couragia M/T, 17x8.5 VTEC Warlord wheels, -12mm offest.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:01 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

The MBRP exhausts do sound pretty good, I have had the pleasure of listening to a few of them, I still think I like the Magnaflow Exhausts better, however this is just a personal preference, both will perform about the same. If you would like I could put together a bundled deal on a cat bak, CAI and superchips if you would like, We have got the lowest prices around, I would just need to know what it is you are looking for, I show MBRP having many different Exhausts for your truck you can view them all Here

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 5.7L Hemi
Color: Black
Rep:34
muddy53 is on a distinguished road
Default Exhaust Warranties

Just make sure MBRP has as good a warranty as Flowmaster or Magnaflow. From experience, Flowmaster will replace a part with out question. Not sure about MBRP.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:01 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy53 View Post
Just make sure MBRP has as good a warranty as Flowmaster or Magnaflow. From experience, Flowmaster will replace a part with out question. Not sure about MBRP.
very good point ^^^^he^^^^ makes when purchasing an item you do always want to check the warranty, if you would like I could see if I can pull the warranty info on the parts you may be interested in

Thanks
Jeremiah

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 01-29-2013, 04:04 AM

Give this a few more days and see who else may throw in some input and do some more digging on CAI... I really appreciate it your guys input.... I know she won't be a gas sipper with a Viper motor under the hood but a I really want the looks and the SOUND change plus I know you get a little more performance to to top off the good looks and sound.... On Youtube I found this video:
Flowmaster V.S. MBRP :

All the few MagnaFlows that i tried to find a sound clip for my truck to compare it either they were quiet or too much background noise...

The MBRP I was looking at is the
http://mbrpautomotive.com/index.php?...&part=S5128409
Or
http://mbrpautomotive.com/index.php?...&part=S5130409
Both claim to come with a Lifetime Warranty...

CAI: Not sure yet need to do some more digging

Tuner: Now I am curious about the Diablo Trinity. In its advertising if says its Full Flash/Reprogramming capable.... Does this mean if I need to reflash my TIPM instead of have to go to Dodge I'd be able to do it with this... Or are the codes to flash your TIIPM still on lock down by Dodge?
I ask cause I just recently had to replace my TIPM and my regular mechanic couldnt do it because he said Dodge has a "monopoly" on the codes to flahs it so i would have to go to them to get it done?

Hinkle: Sure If you want I'm game to see what you have for pricing both on bundles and individual parts if you don't mind...

Again Thank you guys for your time... Been racking my head trying to figure it out and its either marketing ads playing an item up to give you these huge gains or other people saying their product is better than the other guys....
Old 01-29-2013, 05:11 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamSport1500 View Post
Give this a few more days and see who else may throw in some input and do some more digging on CAI... I really appreciate it your guys input.... I know she won't be a gas sipper with a Viper motor under the hood but a I really want the looks and the SOUND change plus I know you get a little more performance to to top off the good looks and sound...

All the few MagnaFlows that i tried to find a sound clip for my truck to compare it either they were quiet or too much background noise...

The MBRP I was looking at is the
http://mbrpautomotive.com/index.php?...&part=S5128409
Or
http://mbrpautomotive.com/index.php?...&part=S5130409
Both claim to come with a Lifetime Warranty...

CAI: Not sure yet need to do some more digging

Tuner: Now I am curious about the Diablo Trinity. In its advertising if says its Full Flash/Reprogramming capable.... Does this mean if I need to reflash my TIPM instead of have to go to Dodge I'd be able to do it with this... Or are the codes to flash your TIIPM still on lock down by Dodge?
I ask cause I just recently had to replace my TIPM and my regular mechanic couldnt do it because he said Dodge has a "monopoly" on the codes to flahs it so i would have to go to them to get it done?

Hinkle: Sure If you want I'm game to see what you have for pricing both on bundles and individual parts if you don't mind...

Again Thank you guys for your time... Been racking my head trying to figure it out and its either marketing ads playing an item up to give you these huge gains or other people saying their product is better than the other guys....
Very nice choices if I do say so myself, you would be very happy with either one, for these we do have the lowest prices on the net, they are way to low to advertise, our advertised prices on these are as follows:

S5128409: $554.95 (I only have 2 left in stock!)
S5130409: $554.95 (we have these on special order strait from the manufacturer as do most online retailers because they are not big sellers, however we can still get you the lowest prices around and save you alot of money!)

To get the discounted pricing simply call me @ 855-432-3278, text me @ 816-686-2176, PM here on the Z, or chat with me at out Website You will not be disappointed with the price we are prepared to offer you on either one of these systems.

Thanks
Jeremiah

Old 01-29-2013, 10:43 AM

Tuner: Now I am curious about the Diablo Trinity. In its advertising if says its Full Flash/Reprogramming capable.... Does this mean if I need to re-flash my TIPM instead of have to go to Dodge I'd be able to do it with this... Or are the codes to flash your TIPM still on lock down by Dodge?
I ask cause I just recently had to replace my TIPM and my regular mechanic couldn't do it because he said Dodge has a "monopoly" on the codes to flash it so i would have to go to them to get it done?????
Old 01-29-2013, 09:48 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamSport1500 View Post
Tuner: Now I am curious about the Diablo Trinity. In its advertising if says its Full Flash/Reprogramming capable.... Does this mean if I need to re-flash my TIPM instead of have to go to Dodge I'd be able to do it with this... Or are the codes to flash your TIPM still on lock down by Dodge?
I ask cause I just recently had to replace my TIPM and my regular mechanic couldn't do it because he said Dodge has a "monopoly" on the codes to flash it so i would have to go to them to get it done?????
I am not sure, that is a very good question I will see if I can get some answers for you tomorrow when the manufacturers open back up for business, And I must apologize I did not see you had asked about a bundled deal I would be more than happy to work with you on a bundled price for some parts what did you have in mine?

Thanks
Jeremiah

Old 01-30-2013, 06:07 AM

Anyone Else Have Input?