DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-31-2013, 08:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2013 Tuner Available soon

Today I spent almost an hour with Bully Dog tech support for my GT Hemi + unit. During that time I had the opportunity to talk with them quite a bit. Talking with Austin, one of my questions was " are you guys working on a tune for the 2013", his response was "yup, they are close and it should be released pretty soon, like within the next couple of months", "Right now we are finishing up the tune for the Jeep's and then we will be working on the 2013's, we have advanced a lot on it, we are presently working on the transmission side and it should be done soon". Hope this helps anyone that is waiting.
Sponsored links
Old 02-01-2013, 12:13 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 CC 4X4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black
Rep:71
topgun will become famous soon enough

Wonder when are they going to finish the tuners they already have out for the earlier models (2011,12)? A lot of the options they claim to include do not function properly and lock the thing up, such as the TPMS adjust.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:14 PM

Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun View Post
Wonder when are they going to finish the tuners they already have out for the earlier models (2011,12)? A lot of the options they claim to include do not function properly and lock the thing up, such as the TPMS adjust.
Up to date I have no issues with the Bully Dog settings, are you talking about the diablo?
Old 02-01-2013, 12:38 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 CC 4X4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Rep:71
topgun will become famous soon enough

No, refering to the Bullydog Hemi GT+. The TPMS adjustment for instance does not work. Lot's of guys have posted about it, not one can get it to work. Locks the tuner up.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:34 PM

did you try the new update from yesterday?
Old 02-01-2013, 02:39 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: SXT
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:41
WPG-RAM is on a distinguished road

Awesome!! I'm waiting for a '13+ 4.7 tuner.
'13 QC 4.7 - Flowmaster AT Catback - 2.5" HBS Level - 2" Rear Lift - 35x12.50x17 Fierce Attitude & MB TKO - Tinted Tails -Rustoleum Bedlined Grill & bumpers - Dual Intake - Replica Westin Bull Bar - 35% Tint
Old 02-01-2013, 02:45 PM

I just got the Bully Dog that works with the 2012 4.7, I have only tried the 85+ octane tune and up to date I like the get up and go feeling it gives, also the shifting is better, I like it more, when you press the peddle it does not bog down trying to move forward and staying in the same gear, yet it will stay in that gear till you stop asking for power or go back to cruising speed if that makes any sense. I have not tried the 91+ yet cause I still have 3/4 tank of 87 in there now. The 2013 release will be compatible with the 5.7 and the 4.7, hopefully it will be available soon, its funny cause when I chose the vehicle in the list, it already lists the 2013 ram. Guess they are close.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:09 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab
Color: Snow White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:160
Yo Nadz has a spectacular aura aboutYo Nadz has a spectacular aura about

I know nothing about these tunes. What's the cost, and how difficult is the install?
Old 02-01-2013, 03:19 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: SXT
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:41
WPG-RAM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo Nadz View Post
I know nothing about these tunes. What's the cost, and how difficult is the install?
I had the Hypertech Max Energy Power Programmer on my 2010 Jeep Wrangler and it was literally a 5-10 minute painless install. Plug the handheld tuner into the OBDII port which is on the drivers side under the steering column and the tuner loads the desired tune. You can adjust your tire size too which is an awesome feature if running larger than stock sizes.

Hope this helps.
'13 QC 4.7 - Flowmaster AT Catback - 2.5" HBS Level - 2" Rear Lift - 35x12.50x17 Fierce Attitude & MB TKO - Tinted Tails -Rustoleum Bedlined Grill & bumpers - Dual Intake - Replica Westin Bull Bar - 35% Tint
Old 02-01-2013, 04:58 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:50
Georshrwd will become famous soon enough

How is Dodge and warranty issues when it comes to tunes? I came out of a performance car before where the tunes would pretty much void the power train warranty. Even though we all know a responsible tune doesn't cause problems it can be a hell of a battle at the dealer.