DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-01-2013, 06:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4362
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

These units can put the ECU back to factory and leave no traces, the only info it can leave is that the ECU was accessed, its has a counter, if you install a tune and don't change it every day, all the tech at the dealer can see is a counter that says the ECU was accessed, ex you go to a pep boys shop and have them check the engine error codes, i.e. accessed counter "1" access, I have been told most techs don't even look at that. So if you play it smart, your not going to get any problems. JMO but when you go to the dealer, just reload the factory ecu settings.
Sponsored links
Old 02-01-2013, 07:12 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab
Color: Snow White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:160
Yo Nadz has a spectacular aura aboutYo Nadz has a spectacular aura about

I want. HURRY UP 2013s!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:37 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:50
Georshrwd will become famous soon enough

Can't they technically see that the computer has been flashed? I thought that with any of the newer cars and trucks running a CANBUS systems he computer is smart enough to allow the dealers to see exactly what was done when the computer was accessed?
Old 02-02-2013, 04:45 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Laramie 4X4 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Laramie Hemi 8 Speed
Color: Maximum Steel Met.
Rep:25
kxlexus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georshrwd View Post
Can't they technically see that the computer has been flashed? I thought that with any of the newer cars and trucks running a CANBUS systems he computer is smart enough to allow the dealers to see exactly what was done when the computer was accessed?
I would like to know this for certain too. Hate to give up the warranty. On the new diesel trucks they can tell everything. Perhaps they haven't gotten so strict about the gas powered vehicles yet. I simply do not know.

Last edited by kxlexus; 02-02-2013 at 04:46 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-02-2013, 07:38 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:50
Georshrwd will become famous soon enough

I came out of a Volvo S60R and the dealer could tell everything that happened to the ECU. They could tell that the ECU had been accessed and flashed. The computer system left a trail of when the software had been changed and what had been changed. That's why I'm wondering why this system is different. I'm not arguing to be a pain I just want to understand why. This truck is so advanced in electronics I find it hard to believe they are limited to only seeing that the computer has been accessed. My Volvo was a 2006 and not nearly as advanced in the electronics inside the car as this truck and there were many guys who lost battles with the dealer over failed engines and turbos due to a tune being installed (and removed before going in for service and they were flashes not chips).
Old 02-02-2013, 09:59 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4362
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Bully Dog has confirmed that the only thing the dealer can see on these trucks is that the ECU has a counter and that it has been accessed, so If you don't change your tune everyday, it will indicate that it has been access a few times, Like example "when you go to a pep boys store and they access the ECU to check for Engine light codes". When you need to go to the dealer you just put back the factory default settings and you done, I was also told by others who work in dealers that techs usually don't look at that counter. Again, if you install a performance tune that requires 91+ Octane fuel and you put in 87, and blow something, that's your problem. Be smart. If you don't know what your doing, don't do it. JMO

Last edited by Asur; 02-02-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:37 AM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2010 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Quad Cab 4X4 Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:2453
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

^^^^ Yes sir it's all about knowing what you are doing. BTW the SC 91 tune is quite simply awesome
BT CC / Hood Kit, LED Tails, Recon 3rd Brake & Xtreme LightBar, Black Aluminum Side Steps, Leer 700, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, MOPAR Valve Caps, Lighted RAM hitch cover, Front Tow Hooks and Bed Post Hide-a-Hooks, Tints (20% frt, 35% rear and slider), Painted Engine Cover/Brake Calipers, K&N Drop in,OEM Fender Flares/ bug deflector, FM 40, SC Cortex, Oracle H11 LED Heads, 4000k Putco Fogs, LED Interior Lights, Honeycomb Grill, Bilstien 5100's.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:44 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

We will continue to have these units @ 17% when the tunes are released for the 2013's! You can check them out here Bully Dog Hemi Plus Tuner normal price on these units is $499.80 with the forumZ discount "TUNERFEVER" this will bring the price down 17% for CRAZY savings!

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
July Blowout Sale! 10% over cost and free shipping on any and all in stock items!
Old 02-03-2013, 09:21 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab
Color: Snow White
Rep:160
Yo Nadz has a spectacular aura aboutYo Nadz has a spectacular aura about

Any word on when they will be released?
Old 02-03-2013, 11:39 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo Nadz View Post
Any word on when they will be released?
I have heard nothing concrete yet, as always in the "tuner" world most all we can ever get is "it will be released soon" and once it gets within a week or so we start to get dates. As soon as myself hears something I will let everyone know, additionally if anyone else hears something I am sure everyone will know also

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
July Blowout Sale! 10% over cost and free shipping on any and all in stock items!