DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > Other Vehicle Discussion
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by double0ram View Post
that is true... I have been searching high and low over the internet and I've only found one person who's retrofitted cirrus before, couldn't find and stratus of this Gen or a Plymouth breeze so it's certainly going to be unique.

fast, all of the parts going into this car are either something hanging around in the garage, or bought and used on this to later be used on my ram (I have a ton of leds and I'll probably order some for the tails, then swap to my truck later)
Ok!
Just making sure you can transition well into a Ram!
Dont want to see you start a Cirrus forum now

click here ---> Got Factory Air Suspension? - Want to Lift or Lower? <---click here

sales@bullysperformance.com

Sponsored links
Old 02-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Rep:1885
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Quote:
Thanks man. and the end result is you get to watch me mod a cute little car LOL.
You might want to look into the Avenger forum.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:05 PM

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
Ok!
Just making sure you can transition well into a Ram!
Dont want to see you start a Cirrus forum now
there is a Stratus forum, but there really isn't much of a market for these cars let alone modifications. I'M sure they're has been but I definitely don't want to go all out on this thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamTech View Post
You might want to look into the Avenger forum.
I'M assuming the cloud cars have many mechanical similarities to the older avengers?
Old 02-09-2013, 10:17 PM

double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

well the retrofit project is going semi good, hit a snag as expected with the fitment of the minis, even without a shroud they aren't even close to fitting. I need to get a cutting wheel for my dremel to remove portions of the bezel. With those cut they'll fit, possibly even with the shrouds on. tomorrow will have pictures and results I'M sure. I also yanked the amber reflectors from the turn signal housing for a cleaner look.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:29 PM

alright, finally time for some completed pictures. I had no luck finding anyone (recently) who had done any of the cloud cars for retrofits. i know for a fact im the only one in the area with a 1995-2000 Chrysler Cirrus projector retrofit.

It certainly wasnt an easy retrofit, i had alot of issues with the fitment and ended up cutting a HUGE portion of the inner bezels off with my dremel to make them fit, but with that done, fitment is perfect for the morimoto minis and my graphite shrouds. i destroyed one amber ring from my ram, so i opted not to use anything too fancy with the project. I have a set of brand new oem cirrus headlights ordered and shipping as i type, because my lenses are ugly and yellow. with those comming, ill bake apart and swap lenses, then ill snag pictures of what u cut vs what factory. i was so into my mod and cutting that i didnt even stop for pictures haha. installing was a breeze, minus the chrysler wiring. i tried my old hid harness from my ram, hids would not fire. ordered a harness from TRS, and BAM lights work. later that night on my way to work, the hids start cutting on and off, sometimes for more than 10 seconds at a crack. awesome when your on a back road, 65mph and no other light source. i was at my wits ens with this retrofit. with a few emails exchanged from Andrew at TRS, i discovered Chryslers awesome need for a mopar specific hid harness because of the can bus crap, reading resistance across the headlight harness wiring. with that harness installed, no problems!

headlights now feature new trimmed inner bezels, plasti-dipped black (told you id plasti-dip something on the car!!), outer bezels plastidipped black and orange turn signal reflector lense removed, and morimoto minis backed with 3five 6000k TRS bulbs, black painted graphite shrouds, 3five ballasts, and a mopar specific hid harness. a bit excessive for a 275$ car, but i can now see at night, and for that id pay thousands if i had to.

i have a few good end result night time shots.

ill take some day shots when i get some time between full time school and work. Along with new headlights i just ordered, i also put in a order for a dome light led, 6000k, a 9 inch amber leds strip, and two 12 inch amber led strips, all for interior lighting of the car.

i also have a plan for the taillights, but due to chryslers stupid design of these taillights, i need to modify the wiring in the back as they are twist lock sockets. i need to sort out what wires are what before i start adding new lighting to the tails.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:54 PM
Bully's Performance

fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Man, you've become a damn pro....can I send my lights your way?

click here ---> Got Factory Air Suspension? - Want to Lift or Lower? <---click here

Old 02-17-2013, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Man, you've become a damn pro....can I send my lights your way?
lol I am getting good at it. I need a professional paint setup and I might take this seriously.

for my truck when I get it, I'M stepping away from morimoto minis, going serious retrofit with some fx-r or Acura trls, harder and more extensive retrofit but they handle a 55w setup better
Old 02-17-2013, 01:16 AM
Bully's Performance

Quote:
fx-r or Acura trls, harder and more extensive retrofit but they handle a 55w setup better
Exactly what's going into my next set

Old 02-17-2013, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Exactly what's going into my next set
I guess I'M just looking for the challenge they would present. minis are so easy to do.

that and mastering painting Haha. I'M good with a rattle can or plasti-dip but I want to step up my game.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:54 AM
Bully's Performance

Quote:
I guess I'M just looking for the challenge they would present. minis are so easy to do.

that and mastering painting Haha. I'M good with a rattle can or plasti-dip but I want to step up my game.
Wanna do my set for me?