DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Rep:10
dexley74 is on a distinguished road
Default Ram 1500 vs. F-150

Hey folks,

I'm in the market for a new truck and have narrowed it down to the Ram 1500 Crew Laramie or Sport 4x4 or a F-150 Lariat 4x4. I'm sure some of you had similar comparisons when you bought. I'm curious what made you decide to go with Ram. Price wise while sticker is nearly identical between the trucks, Ford beats Ram hands down on pricing, to the tune of $4k savings. For instance, the trucks I'm looking at have stickers of roughly $48,500. The Ford I can get for $36,500 whereas the Ram is $40k.

Please let me know what ultimately made you go Ram vs. Ford.

Thanks
Sponsored links
Old 02-03-2013, 10:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Sport Crew
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:110
RAM SPORT CREW will become famous soon enoughRAM SPORT CREW will become famous soon enough

Where do you live? 2013 rams here are thousands cheaper than f150's. the 2013 rams have the same rebates as the 2012's did. The 2013 sport, IMO is nicer than the f150, in 2012 I was between my sport and a fx4 with the 20's. they are similar style trucks. The interior of the ram I found (in the same price range) was a lot nicer than the fx4. The fords are nice, they are very square looking however, all in what you like I guess.

I also owned a Chrysler 300C (hemi) and after 100k it still worked like a top, I really liked the motor. I tend to keep vehicles for 7+ years and I like to have a proven driveline. The Eco boost intrigued and scared me at the same time, if that makes sense, the 5.0l is likely a solid motor, just hasn't been out for as long as the 5.7 hemi.

Last edited by RAM SPORT CREW; 02-03-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Im in North Carolina. I've talked to all the local Ram dealers and their pricing is the same on the trucks I'm interested in. We have a Ford dealer that sells massive volume so right now they are offering 12k off on the F-150 (no gimmicks except I have to finance with Ford). I really like the Rams but I like the Fords too.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:46 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Sport Crew
Rep:110
RAM SPORT CREW will become famous soon enoughRAM SPORT CREW will become famous soon enough

Oh, I hear ya on price. Rams in Canada are 9750 off and most dealers are going up to 15,000 off on the higher msrp trucks. I can get a 51,000 sport crew for around 38,000.

Ford couldn't touch that here price wise. I would take both out for a test drive and see which one you like the most. I'm far from brand loyal
Old 02-03-2013, 10:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

That's part of my problem. I've tested driven both, and like both. I prefer the looks of the Ram both inside and out but the F-150 pricing is just tough to beat. I'm leaning Ram, just looking for comments on what pushed others to one side or the other.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:02 AM

Vehicle: 2013 power wagon 2500 loaded
Trim Level: crew cab loaded
Color: black
Engine: 2010-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 383hp 400lb/ft (2500/3500)
Rep:80
dwanton will become famous soon enough

what are the fords getting in gas mileage ?

are you doing any towing ?

what uprades do you plan on doing ? some uprades for one might be cheaper than the other.

on the ford forums are there many issues with the truck you like ?

which does the wife like , that makes a huge differance , so you wont hear "i told you so " .

good luck -- and go with what you like the most , you are the one that has to look at it and drive it everyday .
Old 02-03-2013, 11:47 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport
Rep:19
ShaneDiddy is on a distinguished road

Well price was mainly my concern...though For me ram was way cheaper than the ford fot comparsble builds.
If you can wait a month(supposed to be a member gor 30 days) i would urge anyone to join treadlightly.org and take advantage of the friend and family price on chrysler vehicles on top of any current rebates.....and while your at it join Future farmers of america for $10 a year to get the current $500 incentive too....

Thats what i did....took my Sport from $43k to 39k with friends and family.....minus $2750 more for current incentives and military and future farmers rebates.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:54 AM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2471
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

I went for looks, hands down the best looking truck on the road today. At the end of the day you have to be happy with the looks both inside and out or you will always be playing the should have game. JMO. Of course the Legendary HEMI (name and power) doesn't hurt!
Old 02-03-2013, 11:56 AM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Rep:1634
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

I actually had this debate as well....My dad works at the assembly plant in Oakville so I have always owned Fords. That was until I looked at the RAMS. I really like the look of the RAM, the RAM box, and just overall appearance. I also looked at the interior and found that the interior is nicer and was what I was looking for. It did help that my wife grew up on the farm around Dodge RAMS so she was surprised when I went with a RAM coming from a ford family.

As far as price I found that the RAM was the better bang for the buck. Just my opinion however the F150 is a nice truck but when compared to the RAM, the RAM wins hands down. I just bought a 2013 Longhorn and cant wait to get it. Just my two cents.

Good luck and let us know what you decide to go with....

Ed

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"
Old 02-03-2013, 11:58 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Funny, but I am betting that this thread will be leaning towards the Ram, and the same thread on the F150 Forum will be leaning towards the F150, JMO