DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-04-2010, 04:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Rep:24
kjobrien84 is on a distinguished road
Default How disable seat belt alarm 2010 dodge ram sport

how do i disable seat belt alarm my truck??
Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie 4x2
Color: Deep Water Blue Two Tone
Rep:432
MightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really nice

It's in the owner's manual on pages 49 and 50. Don't know why you want to do it and you're not the first and will probably not be the last. But as someone who see's car accidents a lot, not a very good idea. Just saying.

.[/I]

Old 01-04-2010, 09:25 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: TRX 4
Color: White
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:193
Husker1111 has a spectacular aura aboutHusker1111 has a spectacular aura about

i did it on mine its in the owners manual from what i remember it goes like this.. Turn key off with seatbelt off, turn key on (not start) and wait till its done beeping and within 10 sec buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt 3 times leaving it buckled the last time if u do it right it should chime, turn the key back off then i think ur good. Idk it was like a year ago when i did it to my truck just look it up

2010 Dodge Ram 1500 white TRX4, 2" leveling kit, Nitto Trail Grapplers 35x12.5R20, Painted stock wheels off 08 Black, 20% tint on front windows, painted to match fender flares and bumpers. University of Tampa
Old 01-04-2010, 10:35 PM

Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:45
Ray is on a distinguished road

Buckle belt, turn key to on position without starting,wait untill seat belt light goes off on dash, then unbuckle and rebuckle 3 times ending in the buckled postion within 60 seconds. Then start your truck and you should hear a chime sound confirming it was done. You will still see the seatbelt light on the dash but the chime will be gone
Mods:Mopar fiber glass Tonneau cover,Nerf Bars,Bully Hitch bar,husky mud guards,stubby antenna,Edge guards,weather mats,20%tint all around+windsheild,lisence plate covers,Upgrage to REN w/back up cam,Magnaflow 18, putco bulbs,LED interior/plate bulbs,viper smartstart

Old 01-05-2010, 12:52 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

cool thanks guys
Old 01-05-2010, 04:06 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Crew
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:55
glamontagne will become famous soon enough

The easiest way to disable the seat belt alarm is to wear your seatbelt.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Don't you just love people who act all righteous and stuff when you post a question like this. They love to respond with "OMG why would you NOT want to wear it?" "You could die!!" "GOSH, you are like all stupid and all because I wear my seatbelt because the law told me to and you should be just like me...." WAH WAH WAH.

"wear the seatbelt" if you are a panty wetting liberal who feels everyone should wear their seatbelt because it will save the CHILLLLRENNNN. If it saves just one single wittle baby, then it would be worth it. After all, we should violate everyones constitutional rights and let the government tell us all how to live and what to do. In fact, the government should legislate everyone's personal freedom in order to protect us from ourselves. Even though our country was founded on personal freedom, which includes personal freedom FROM government. To be truly free means we even get to have the right to not have to wear a selt belt if we do not. The true freedom that our forefathers dreamed of and set up in this country includes the right to risk my own life if I want to. I should not have to wear my seatbelt just because some jerk thinks they should tell me how to live. It should be a choice I get to make. Our forefathers thought that personal responsibility and freedom was more important than legislating people into oblivian. Whenever someone says, "there ought to be a law", then believe me, there ought NOT to be a law. These stupid laws may make people feeeeeeel all good about themselves. But every one of these stupid laws is a piece of our freedom being taken away from us. It is way more than just having to put a seatbelt on.

Since when did our country become mob rule. Today, 51% of the people out there somehow get to tell the other 49% how to live. This is not what our forefathers intended. We are a republic, not a democracy. There is a big difference. Look it up.

So don't wear your seatbelt if you do not want to. If you want to wear it, than good for you. But do not feel like you need to tell others to do as you do.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:06 PM

Trim Level: Laramie 4x2
Color: Deep Water Blue Two Tone
Rep:432
MightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really nice

You know you do have a point. You should have all the freedom to splatter your head on your windshield. And I should have my freedom not to have to pick you up and drag you to the ER.

.[/I]

Old 01-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:3930
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamateo76 View Post
You know you do have a point. You should have all the freedom to splatter your head on your windshield. And I should have my freedom not to have to pick you up and drag you to the ER.
What he said

Like what you see? Support this fine site!

Go here for great how-to's and make sure you know the rules!

Make sure you show off your Ram by posting pics in the GALLERY!!

L.O.B.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:50 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Hemi Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Lonestar Edition
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:51
HemiCrew will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamateo76 View Post
Ditto!! How can your original comment about expressing safety concerns be construed as a loss of freedoms. You did forget to mention that the rest of us will most likely have to pick up his medical tab because the moron probably does not feel like paying for insurance either. I didn't think your original post was out of line but I guess some folks just get upset when someone expresses a concern for ones safety.