DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-06-2013, 03:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:19
ShaneDiddy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhbdvm View Post
You should be able to negotiate the price prior to it arriving. Prices should be known by both parties. Did you place a deposit? It is common for people to pay "invoice" minus holdback. This doe not include incentives. Ordering it your name should guarantee current rebates and if they improve by the time your truck arrives then you should get the improved rebate. I ordered my Outdoorsman AFTER we negotiated the price for built truck I wanted. It included all fees, taxes, etc.
Is that rebate lock-in stated anywhere or is that just something a dealer said they would honor out of pocket? I ask because I would love forthis to apply since I ordered in January, but from everything I have read, the only rebates that apply are at time of delivery.
Sponsored links
Old 02-06-2013, 03:33 PM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Rep:1634
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun View Post
You guys are reading it wrong. He posted that 10 minutes after he asked the question on here, the dealer called and gave him the VIN. Not 10 minutes after he ordered.

Thanks sorry I must of read that the wrong way.

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"
Old 02-06-2013, 03:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 1996 and 2013 Ram
Trim Level: Laramie SLT, Laramie
Color: Black,Maximum Steel Metalic
Rep:10
mars1957 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneDiddy View Post
Just following the thread and I just have a quick question. You recieved your VIN # 10 minutes after you ordered the truck. I ordered a 13 Longhorn on January 10 and still havent received my VIN #????
I ordered My Laramie January 18 and got an email January 29 with my VIN tracker # (last 8 digits of actual vin), That number starts with DS, D for 2013 and S for Warren truck plant.

Last edited by mars1957; 02-06-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Western Brown
Rep:10
RamHawk is on a distinguished road

Yeah we still have to negotiate the final pricing but the sticker was $52k and I have the partners/supplier discount that took it down to $47K, and a small down payment locked in the $1750 rebate. If rebates are better or more at time of delivery then I get those as well. All in all I looking for something around $45K after we haggle for a while.

ShaneDiddy, I think the biggest key to locking in rebates was to put something down like $50.00, that’s what I did and they’ll honor it.
Once you get a VOR# or a VIN# you can got to the vehicle tracking web site and monitor it.

See link below:
https://www.chrysler.com/vots/
Old 02-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 3500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Maximum Steel Matallic
Rep:62
crabjoe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamHawk View Post
Yeah we still have to negotiate the final pricing but the sticker was $52k and I have the partners/supplier discount that took it down to $47K, and a small down payment locked in the $1750 rebate. If rebates are better or more at time of delivery then I get those as well. All in all I looking for something around $45K after we haggle for a while.

ShaneDiddy, I think the biggest key to locking in rebates was to put something down like $50.00, that’s what I did and they’ll honor it.
Once you get a VOR# or a VIN# you can got to the vehicle tracking web site and monitor it.

See link below:
https://www.chrysler.com/vots/

VOTS is worthless! I've had my order in for weeks and still nothing on the site. It seems they neutered that site a couple years ago because they felt it gave to much info.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:19 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Laramie 4X4 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Laramie Hemi 8 Speed
Color: Maximum Steel Met.
Rep:25
kxlexus is on a distinguished road

We agreed to a final price minus current or time of delivery rebates, whichever was better, before the order was placed. I would do it no other way. I knew I wouldn't have much bargaining power once the truck I waited 2 or 3 months for was sitting on the lot.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:28 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 CC 4X4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black
Rep:71
topgun will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabjoe View Post
VOTS is worthless! I've had my order in for weeks and still nothing on the site. It seems they neutered that site a couple years ago because they felt it gave to much info.
You are confusing the dealer Insight website with the VOTS. The VOTS has been worthless since day one, which was in late 2011. People used to be able to access the Insight tracking which was extremely accurate but no longer accessable unless you are a dealer.

If you have a VIN, the dealer can run a printout of the aprox build and ship dates with Insight. It will be very accurate barring anything unforseen during production or in shipping.