DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-24-2013, 11:45 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zixxer View Post
Help! Ok, got the uncapped bulbs in and took apart the truck and lights. There are TWO bulbs in my headlights and I'm assuming I just swap out the projector bulb. The real question is should I have gotten another set of bulbs for what is the low beams? I assume I'm going to have a high beam only HID or opposite?
Your low beams are the projectors, your high beam is standard Halogen

Your assumption is correct. You will install the new HID bulbs in your projectors, you can get HID kits for your high beams but you will probably never use them after you setup your projectors with the HID's. But if you want, you can get a kit of HID's with ballasts etc for your High beams. JMO but I would just install the HID's in your lows and see if you think you should change your high beams also.
Sponsored links
Old 02-24-2013, 11:55 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:13
s1000rrhp is on a distinguished road

I would get another set. When the high beams are on your projectors
Also come on.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:13 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport
Color: Black
Rep:35
Zixxer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
Your low beams are the projectors, your high beam is standard Halogen

Your assumption is correct. You will install the new HID bulbs in your projectors, you can get HID kits for your high beams but you will probably never use them after you setup your projectors with the HID's. But if you want, you can get a kit of HID's with ballasts etc for your High beams. JMO but I would just install the HID's in your lows and see if you think you should change your high beams also.
Perfect - I really need the low beam to be better as the high beams are actually pretty good...sounds like this will be perfect for me. Got the bulbs installed, back outside to start mounting ballasts. Many thanks!
Old 02-24-2013, 02:39 PM

All in and together but drivers side HID is not on. Fogs and passenger HID light up...so frustrating. Going to double check grounds but they are clean and with new stainless steel self tapping screws.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:02 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you plugged in the wires the right way, sometimes you can make the mistake of plugging the wires into the ballast in reverse, they will plug in both ways but wont work if backwards.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:02 PM

Well I'm not sure what fixed it but I took the wires off the fog lamp ballast and reversed everything to that ballast just to eliminate it...I had already switched the bulbs and that wasn't it. After that it worked. Figured it didn't matter which mounted ballast I used as long as I wired it according to the directions.

I read in the instructions that sometimes a ballast will go to failsafe if it detects something???

I do get a low beam light out warning for a few seconds but I've head that's normal?

We'll see how it is tonight on the road.

Overall it's not a bad kit, I'm not overly impressed with the directions (login to the website and you get FOUR wiring diagrams) and if something could be plugged in wrong, it should have a label on it, i.e. do not plug into ballast, goes to stock lamp connection...and so on. If I'm installing two sets of lights, I would think two wiring diagrams would be sufficient and less confusing.

I also didn't like having to put a hole in the back on my lights and drill three grounds. I think this could have all be plug and play.

We'll see tonight if the juice is worth the squeeze.

Last edited by Zixxer; 02-24-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:07 PM

I think the can bus system is simpler and never had light out errors. Everything is built into the ballast harness just plug and play.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:32 PM

Do you get any screen prompts saying you have a low beam light out? I'll give these a whirl but if I have any issues, I'm swapping them out for factory or your setup.

UPDATE: Ok, the lighting is absolutely f@#@#ing awesome. I can't speak to any issues other than output and these are perfect. Pure white, clear, and certainly easier on these 47 year old eyes. For now, a thumbs up but I reserve the right to change that if they have issues.

Last edited by Zixxer; 02-24-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zixxer View Post
Do you get any screen prompts saying you have a low beam light out? I'll give these a whirl but if I have any issues, I'm swapping them out for factory or your setup.

UPDATE: Ok, the lighting is absolutely f@#@#ing awesome. I can't speak to any issues other than output and these are perfect. Pure white, clear, and certainly easier on these 47 year old eyes. For now, a thumbs up but I reserve the right to change that if they have issues.
I haven't had any screen prompts or errors to date. Hidden are great I will never go back. I only run a 35watt system it's bright enough and should get longer life out of bulbs. However they make a 55w system to.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:50 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab
Color: Snow White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:160
Yo Nadz has a spectacular aura aboutYo Nadz has a spectacular aura about

I get the bulb out error right when I start the truck. It's stays in the "stored messages" area of the cluster display, but there aren't any additional lights or anything. Pretty sure there is no way around this with these systems since one of the oem plugs is left unplugged.