DODGE RAM FORUM banner

fournierrandy's Ram 2500

7K views 38 replies 18 participants last post by  Ryank 
#1 ·
I bought this truck brand new at the Local dealer after selling my 2003 GMC 1500hd. The truck is a 2011 2500 crew cab with 3.73 rear end. (wish i had gotten 4:10). Here is the truck sitting in stock form the day it came home with nothing but weather tech floor mats in it.

Shortly after i got a armorthane box liner, retrax bed cover, mopar tube steps, mopar bug deflector, and chrome door and tail gate handles.

At Around 2000km i took the stock tires off and put on some 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs.

I then installed some cloud rider step liners to protect from rocks. They turned out excellent because the blend in very well and go under mopar steps.

I Then Installed Fender Flares and some where in here a amp research bed step.

Then Came a Volant CAI

After that then was a BT Catch Can

I then decided i needed to get some wheels so i got some 17x8 xd Spy, i also debadged my truck.

Then came some new smoked LED Tail lights, and i also did the cabin air filter mod.

Then the Smoked 3rd Tail light to match and my new Corsa Exhaust.

That is where i stand as of now. I also have LED interior and LED liscence plate bulbs that i do not have pictures of. I am sure i am missing some and will edit this along the way!

See less See more
#3 ·
gorgeous truck, i mean that in the most masculine way possible. That color is awesome! Nice build

Reactions: Asur
#5 ·
dang I wish i could say that. I bought my truck in june and have put that many miles on it. oof:4-dontknow:

#14 ·
Hey I really like the hemi, way better then my old 6.0L gm. For being a 2500 it still has really good get up and go. Not like the 1500 but that's to be expected. Very nice truck you have! I love the red and black. I had a debate between the blue or red when I bought, Blue won since I had just had a Red truck for 5yrs. That red on yours looks sweet though:smiley_thumbs_up:

#19 · (Edited)
Hey guys thought i would share this. I debadged my truck awhile back and noticed that there was some white shadow that would not come off. I tried everything i could think of to take it off and even took it to the body shop where they said it is in the paint. If you look in the pic with the badge above you can see that it is the letters of the badge. Strange i thought, but he said that there could of been space between the letters and the 3m tape and the body and with the sun beating on truck it could of superheated in behind where the air gap was therefore making the paint do this being a metallic paint. I love the clean look but this makes me soooo mad and it is on both doors! so i am now in the works of getting some custom badges made at billet badges.

This is the custom billet badge i am getting made up to cover it.

#21 ·
Sadly it can happen when debadging. I forever had an outline on my '07 that only I was able to see, but I knew it was there and it bugged me.

I'm assuming you've gone at it with a 3M eraser wheel or tried wet sanding/polishing?

i have tried everything i could.It isnt in the clear coat, it is in the paint

#26 ·
Hey guys guess its time for a update. I have done a few things recently. I added a stubby antenna from crave speed that i do not have a picture of.

I installed a Airlift 5000 air bag kit and also their wireless one compressor system that has a wireless remote. Install was easy and system works excellent! I mounted the air compressor in the storage in the floor so it is out of the weather.

I also got my new badges from Billet badge and they were worth the wait! They do excellent work and was able to cover up the paint issue after i debadged my truck.

I also replaced my stock head unit with the new Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS. This is a very nice head unit. The install was slow because i had to trim the plastic on the sub dash on top and bottom and also had to make the opening in the metal holder bigger also. I do not have any install pics but i do have the finished product. I still need to install a usb cable so when i have dash apart next i will take some pictures. I also added the siriusxm tuner and was able to use the factory sat radio antenna.

#29 ·
Hey Guys, Did a few more things recently, I removed my chrome door handles and I also Plasti dipped my steps and liners. Here are some new pics of how the truck is looking these days. Thinking some retro shop headlights and fogs will be next......but go Gloss black or Color match Blue?:4-dontknow:

#30 ·
Hey guys been awhile since a update and have a few changes. I got rid of the retrax box cover because it got in the way of my fifth wheel when trying to turn and replaced with the extang trifecta. I finally got myself a set of heads and fogs from retro shop and very happy with the turn out!!

I also Plastidipped the front badge.

Finally ditched the stock steps and put on a set of amp research power steps. These things are awesome!!

Next I could not stand the stock speakers any more, so I added 3.5" in dash, 6.5" in doors, and 6x9" kicker speakers. I also added 1 10" alpine type s sub running off of a old Rockford Fosgate 351m amp. What a difference it made in sq. I actually enjoy listening to music in my truck again.

I currently have some Nokian Hakkapeliitta LT2 studded winter tires on my stock rims that I plastidipped.

Those will be coming off soon as I am waiting to receive my power wagon coils to level my truck. I removed my duratrac tires and got some new 285/70/17 Toyo Open Country AT2. The bigger size will help fill things out a bit and still be ok to tow my fifth wheel with.

Little comparison to the old tires.

So yah. I am sure I have forgotten stuff but I will post more when I get my wheels back on with my Level done.

#35 ·
So I finally was able to snap a good picture with the new tires. Will look even better once I get that front end up a bit more when I receive my new coils.

Also got some switch backs for the heads and love the new look at night.

Picked the wife up a new set of wheels awhile back to, Got her a new 2013 dodge journey r/t. This is our second journey and much nicer then the old one!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.