DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-12-2013, 12:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:360
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

Sorry, I deleted and reposted it to get it bumped, lol. Here's the new link.

http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/cto/3608385953.html

I would probably be interested in your truck but it sounds like I would be adding money to that trade. I am saving to build a house within a year so I can't really afford to do that right now....not much anyway.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.
Sponsored links
Old 02-12-2013, 09:15 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Tequila Sunrise Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:39
Mr. Tim is on a distinguished road

When i was looking to purchase my Frontier back in 2010, i cross shopped the Tacoma as well. The taco gets about 1mpg better than the Frontier, but i didnt like the idea of a non-boxed frame, composite plastic bed, rear drum brakes, only 236hp compared to 260 in the Frontier...
Old 02-12-2013, 11:00 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:40
Designflaw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by starquestbd22 View Post
Anyway, no, I don't mind telling what I priced it at a bit. I priced it at $13,900 which as I said above I feel is on the high side. I priced it that way because I'm not in any hurry or great desire to sell it and because it's a great truck. It would be cool if someone saw it and fell in love and paid my asking price or maybe $13,500 but in reality I would be looking for closer to $13,000. It's only turned 73,500 miles and needs nothing. In addition to the low miles and excellent cosmetic and mechanical condition, I think the few light mods (hood stripes, level, newer chrome clads with aggressive tires, tinted windows, tinted tails, and tinted fogs) really give it sex appeal. I've also taken care of the few common issues that these third gen trucks have such as having the door trim pieces professionally repainted, installing new TYC headlights to replace the yellowing ones, and having the front end recently checked by a trusted alignment guy. The front end got a good clean, all tight bill of health by the way!
You might be suprised about what used clean trucks are going for these days. I have a few dealer friends and they say even auctions are practically retail now.

This is apples to oranges, but my 05 2500 QC Sport Cummins with the same milage as yours had the Dealer chomping at the bit. They started at 22 and ended at 26 trade, a $250.00 apple gift card, then ate another 1500 on the 2013 after we had settled on 5,500 off sticker. They then put it on thier lot for 30,000 and it was gone in 1 week.

A buddy of mine wanted a smaller truck, so he took his same everything but color truck to a different dealer and they paid him 23500.00 cash to walk away without a new car.

Keep your head up and don't give it away, but I would stay high retail if it is as nice as you say - Good Luck
Old 02-12-2013, 12:18 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Good luck, seems like you just got that truck. Just keep in mind most small trucks with v6's get the same mpg as these full size rams.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:17 PM

starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
Good luck, seems like you just got that truck. Just keep in mind most small trucks with v6's get the same mpg as these full size rams.
As I said earlier, I would have thought from what I have read that a V6 crew cab 4x4 Frontier would at least average around 17 or so. But most in this thread don't seem to think so. I did a little reading on a Frontier forum and it almost looks like it might be hit and miss. There were owners on there reporting averages in the high teens and then there were owners reporting low teens which is where I am now in my Ram.

This Ram makes my fifth vehicle in as many years, lol. Actually that isn't funny. I just get tired of stuff and get a desire for something different. I don't think that is entirely the case with this decision but it may play a small part. I've actually got a guy wanting my Ram but I still haven't completely convinced myself to go through with it.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.

Last edited by starquestbd22; 02-12-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:31 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

yeah but people are usually overly optimistic with their mpg. I wouldn't down size man, you won't hardly get better mpg, and you'll be sacrificing big time on space, reliability, and power. I mean really do what you want, but the fuel savings(if any) will be negligible.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:08 PM

Vehicle: RAM
Rep:33
Copperhead Ram is on a distinguished road

Have you driven the new 2013s yet?
Old 02-14-2013, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead Ram View Post
Have you driven the new 2013s yet?
2013 Ram? No, I haven't. I haven't even driven a fourth gen at all, lol. I haven't given that too much thought because I know they are out of my price range right now.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:42 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Nissan's Fronteir is a good truck.

Same body frame as my 2007 Xterra and a VERY powerfull 3.0L V6 engine that has ampules of power.

You may be a little disappointed with its fuel economy though.

You gotta' do, what you gotta' do.

Good luck.

Grub out!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:29 PM

Vehicle: RAM
Rep:33
Copperhead Ram is on a distinguished road

Nissan does make a reliable truck, that's for sure. I just wish they'd update the technology in their engines for better mpg.