DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum


Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-10-2013, 04:40 PM
L0veless L0veless is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: detroit area
Age: 58
Posts: 4
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2010 ram 1500
Trim Level: slt
Color: zilver
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
L0veless is on a distinguished road
Default tire pressure idiot lite

had a tire replaced on left front 2 days ago and the low tire pressure warning lite stays on. my displays shows pressure the same as other tires within 1lb or so and it adjusts as the presure changes earlty morning 33lbs
afternoon 38lbs also the left front tire readout is contantly flashing. so Im assuming the tpms sensor is working as it adjusts to changing presure, its between the other three tires in presure being a 1-2 lbs difference in all 4 tires. the tire shop says it should reset after a few miles but its been 2 days. as a note I did believe the shop in the past when I have had a tire changed it did take a few miles for everythign to reset. any help thanks.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2  
Old 02-10-2013, 04:50 PM
westxsrt10's Avatar
westxsrt10 westxsrt10 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 257
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi
Trim Level: Cool Chrome
Color: Cool Vanilla
Rep Power: 4
Rep:79
westxsrt10 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0veless View Post
had a tire replaced on left front 2 days ago and the low tire pressure warning lite stays on. my displays shows pressure the same as other tires within 1lb or so and it adjusts as the presure changes earlty morning 33lbs
afternoon 38lbs also the left front tire readout is contantly flashing. so Im assuming the tpms sensor is working as it adjusts to changing presure, its between the other three tires in presure being a 1-2 lbs difference in all 4 tires. the tire shop says it should reset after a few miles but its been 2 days. as a note I did believe the shop in the past when I have had a tire changed it did take a few miles for everythign to reset. any help thanks.
Just swapped out all 4 tires and no flashing lights here. I'd be thinking they damaged your sensor during the swap.
__________________
2010 Ram CC 1500 Hemi 4x4, 3.92 Mag-Hytec diff. cover
2008 Viper coupe, Belanger ceramic headers
2008 Ford F-250 CC,4x4,V-10

Last edited by westxsrt10; 02-10-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:02 AM
GearHd6's Avatar
GearHd6 GearHd6 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CT
Age: 40
Posts: 167
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 CC
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:11
GearHd6 is on a distinguished road
Default

I found that once the pressure drops below the system limits and the light flashes, the tire needs to be filled above the specs (35 psi for me) in order to clear the fault. Just because it increases above the specified psi as you drive does not cancel the fault. The system wants to see you manually install more air into the tire.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-11-2013, 10:40 AM
L0veless L0veless is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: detroit area
Age: 58
Posts: 4
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2010 ram 1500
Trim Level: slt
Color: zilver
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
L0veless is on a distinguished road
Default

thanks for the input
I will try that tonight.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-11-2013, 10:50 AM
RamTech's Avatar
RamTech RamTech is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Johnson City, TN
Age: 44
Posts: 12,120
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep Power: 14
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHd6 View Post
I found that once the pressure drops below the system limits and the light flashes, the tire needs to be filled above the specs (35 psi for me) in order to clear the fault. Just because it increases above the specified psi as you drive does not cancel the fault. The system wants to see you manually install more air into the tire.
Actually, yes, it does clear the fault once the pressure increases above the threshold. The system has know way of knowing how the additional pressure got into the tire, only that it sees what it needs to in order to deactivate the light.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-11-2013, 10:54 AM
RamTech's Avatar
RamTech RamTech is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Johnson City, TN
Age: 44
Posts: 12,120
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep Power: 14
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0veless View Post
had a tire replaced on left front 2 days ago and the low tire pressure warning lite stays on. my displays shows pressure the same as other tires within 1lb or so and it adjusts as the presure changes earlty morning 33lbs
afternoon 38lbs also the left front tire readout is contantly flashing. so Im assuming the tpms sensor is working as it adjusts to changing presure, its between the other three tires in presure being a 1-2 lbs difference in all 4 tires. the tire shop says it should reset after a few miles but its been 2 days. as a note I did believe the shop in the past when I have had a tire changed it did take a few miles for everythign to reset. any help thanks.
Have you checked the spare? If your truck monitors the spare and it gets low, the light will come on.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-11-2013, 01:18 PM
GearHd6's Avatar
GearHd6 GearHd6 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CT
Age: 40
Posts: 167
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 CC
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:11
GearHd6 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamTech View Post
Actually, yes, it does clear the fault once the pressure increases above the threshold. The system has know way of knowing how the additional pressure got into the tire, only that it sees what it needs to in order to deactivate the light.
Maybe mine never got back over 35 psi then. I normally run my rear tires down around 32 psi but it got cold and they dropped to about 28 psi, then the light came on. As I drove it didn't get back over 35 psi I guess. I needed to manually put over 35 psi in the tire in order to clear the light. Once I cleared the light I could drop it back to 32 psi.

It seems as though you need to get below 30 psi to turn the light on and back over 35 psi should shut it off. That would be a 7 psi swing to turn on and turn off without adding air manually. That's a large swing....
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-13-2013, 08:20 AM
Otterdriver's Avatar
Otterdriver Otterdriver is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 773
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Big Horn Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Western Brown Pearl
Rep Power: 4
Rep:160
Otterdriver has a spectacular aura aboutOtterdriver has a spectacular aura about
Default

If it's the spare, I would inflate it to just under 40, it's under your truck, no harm until it's needed, then pull out your tire pressure gauge and deflate it equal to the other tires.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-13-2013, 09:37 AM
RamTech's Avatar
RamTech RamTech is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Johnson City, TN
Age: 44
Posts: 12,120
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep Power: 14
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHd6 View Post
Maybe mine never got back over 35 psi then. I normally run my rear tires down around 32 psi but it got cold and they dropped to about 28 psi, then the light came on. As I drove it didn't get back over 35 psi I guess. I needed to manually put over 35 psi in the tire in order to clear the light. Once I cleared the light I could drop it back to 32 psi.

It seems as though you need to get below 30 psi to turn the light on and back over 35 psi should shut it off. That would be a 7 psi swing to turn on and turn off without adding air manually. That's a large swing....
The pressure thresholds can be adjusted via factory scan tool.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-13-2013, 09:37 AM
RamTech's Avatar
RamTech RamTech is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Johnson City, TN
Age: 44
Posts: 12,120
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep Power: 14
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterdriver View Post
If it's the spare, I would inflate it to just under 40, it's under your truck, no harm until it's needed, then pull out your tire pressure gauge and deflate it equal to the other tires.
That's what I typically do with customer vehicles.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:26 AM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum