DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 ram 1500
Trim Level: slt
Color: zilver
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
L0veless is on a distinguished road
Default tire pressure idiot lite

had a tire replaced on left front 2 days ago and the low tire pressure warning lite stays on. my displays shows pressure the same as other tires within 1lb or so and it adjusts as the presure changes earlty morning 33lbs
afternoon 38lbs also the left front tire readout is contantly flashing. so Im assuming the tpms sensor is working as it adjusts to changing presure, its between the other three tires in presure being a 1-2 lbs difference in all 4 tires. the tire shop says it should reset after a few miles but its been 2 days. as a note I did believe the shop in the past when I have had a tire changed it did take a few miles for everythign to reset. any help thanks.
Sponsored links
Old 02-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi
Trim Level: Cool Chrome
Color: Cool Vanilla
Rep:79
westxsrt10 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0veless View Post
had a tire replaced on left front 2 days ago and the low tire pressure warning lite stays on. my displays shows pressure the same as other tires within 1lb or so and it adjusts as the presure changes earlty morning 33lbs
afternoon 38lbs also the left front tire readout is contantly flashing. so Im assuming the tpms sensor is working as it adjusts to changing presure, its between the other three tires in presure being a 1-2 lbs difference in all 4 tires. the tire shop says it should reset after a few miles but its been 2 days. as a note I did believe the shop in the past when I have had a tire changed it did take a few miles for everythign to reset. any help thanks.
Just swapped out all 4 tires and no flashing lights here. I'd be thinking they damaged your sensor during the swap.

Last edited by westxsrt10; 02-10-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:02 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 CC
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
GearHd6 is on a distinguished road

I found that once the pressure drops below the system limits and the light flashes, the tire needs to be filled above the specs (35 psi for me) in order to clear the fault. Just because it increases above the specified psi as you drive does not cancel the fault. The system wants to see you manually install more air into the tire.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 ram 1500
Trim Level: slt
Color: zilver
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
L0veless is on a distinguished road

thanks for the input
I will try that tonight.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:50 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHd6 View Post
I found that once the pressure drops below the system limits and the light flashes, the tire needs to be filled above the specs (35 psi for me) in order to clear the fault. Just because it increases above the specified psi as you drive does not cancel the fault. The system wants to see you manually install more air into the tire.
Actually, yes, it does clear the fault once the pressure increases above the threshold. The system has know way of knowing how the additional pressure got into the tire, only that it sees what it needs to in order to deactivate the light.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:54 AM

RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0veless View Post
Have you checked the spare? If your truck monitors the spare and it gets low, the light will come on.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:18 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 CC
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
GearHd6 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamTech View Post
Actually, yes, it does clear the fault once the pressure increases above the threshold. The system has know way of knowing how the additional pressure got into the tire, only that it sees what it needs to in order to deactivate the light.
Maybe mine never got back over 35 psi then. I normally run my rear tires down around 32 psi but it got cold and they dropped to about 28 psi, then the light came on. As I drove it didn't get back over 35 psi I guess. I needed to manually put over 35 psi in the tire in order to clear the light. Once I cleared the light I could drop it back to 32 psi.

It seems as though you need to get below 30 psi to turn the light on and back over 35 psi should shut it off. That would be a 7 psi swing to turn on and turn off without adding air manually. That's a large swing....
Old 02-13-2013, 08:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Big Horn Crew Cab
Color: Western Brown Pearl
Rep:160
Otterdriver has a spectacular aura aboutOtterdriver has a spectacular aura about

If it's the spare, I would inflate it to just under 40, it's under your truck, no harm until it's needed, then pull out your tire pressure gauge and deflate it equal to the other tires.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHd6 View Post
Maybe mine never got back over 35 psi then. I normally run my rear tires down around 32 psi but it got cold and they dropped to about 28 psi, then the light came on. As I drove it didn't get back over 35 psi I guess. I needed to manually put over 35 psi in the tire in order to clear the light. Once I cleared the light I could drop it back to 32 psi.

It seems as though you need to get below 30 psi to turn the light on and back over 35 psi should shut it off. That would be a 7 psi swing to turn on and turn off without adding air manually. That's a large swing....
The pressure thresholds can be adjusted via factory scan tool.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterdriver View Post
If it's the spare, I would inflate it to just under 40, it's under your truck, no harm until it's needed, then pull out your tire pressure gauge and deflate it equal to the other tires.
That's what I typically do with customer vehicles.