DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-10-2013, 09:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT 4x4
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:214
Gecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura about
Default Gecko's Mod Thread

Well I figured it's been about a year and a half since I first bought my truck used and I've done quite a bit to her since I first got her. I wanted to start keeping track of what I've done and what better way than to show her off to you guys with lots of pictures!

She is a 2004 Black QC Ram SLT 4x4 with the sport package. About 100K miles when I bought her. And She had ALOT of chrome. WAY TOO MUCH! You'll see what I mean in a sec. I dont have a good picture of when I first bought her but it you look real close in the first one you can see the chrome flame inserts in the grille There were also chrome flame covers over the tail lights and third brake light AND chrome covers on the headlights. Then there was a fake chrome dash overlay that covered the whole dash and the insides of all 4 doors The kicker though, which I regretfully but thankfully don't have a picture of, was the bull balls chained to the hitch on the back.

Other than those few appearance things She ran great and I knew I could remove that horrendous chrome crap.

Before I put the pictures up I have to mention that She did already have a Flowmaster catback exhaust on her already and an AEM Bruteforce CAI, as well as having 2 10" subs and a Pioneer headunit in her when I bought her.

Here's the only picture I have of her from the day I got home (I had never been on a forum before and was new to the whole "picture taking to show off" thing) If you look at the grille you can see the flame inserts sitting on top of the horizontal inserts.

Here is what the chrome on the dash looked like:

Lastly Here is the chrome tail light covers:

-Full Custom Dual Exhaust by Big Power Racing - Inertia Crazy Jay Plus Cam -Pacesetter LTs - BFI Composite #83 - Inertia Custom Tune - Dual DMH Cutouts - 87mm TB - 180* t-stat-
Sponsored links
Old 02-10-2013, 09:46 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

nice looking truck, what do you have planned for it next?

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 02-10-2013, 09:53 PM

Gecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura about

Well the first thing I did was remove the flame plates on the grille:

Then I removed the flame tail light covers:

Then I went and removed the chrome on the inside of the truck. I wish I had been a little bit more careful while doing this so as to not nick up the inside of the doors but I was new to the whole thing and wanted it gone.

Here is some of what I pulled off but not all of it.

When I finally did get all of the residue cleaned up, which was not right away, She finally looked real clean and attractive

All clean!
-Full Custom Dual Exhaust by Big Power Racing - Inertia Crazy Jay Plus Cam -Pacesetter LTs - BFI Composite #83 - Inertia Custom Tune - Dual DMH Cutouts - 87mm TB - 180* t-stat-
Old 02-10-2013, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhinkle1989 View Post
nice looking truck, what do you have planned for it next?

Thanks
Jeremiah
I have plenty planned! I need to finish getting the rest of these build pictures up though!
Old 02-10-2013, 10:04 PM

After getting rid of the chrome the first real mod I did was to get new wheels and tires. I've always been a HUGE Dodge Viper fan and so I just had to get myself some SRT-10 wheels. I decided on getting replica 20's in gloss black since they were much cheaper and easier to find. Then I ordered some Nitto Terra Grappler tires in 275/55/20 to wrap around my new wheels.

I still drool whenever I look out my window and see my SRT-10 wheels

My next upgrade was getting some LED's. Since a buddy of mine works for a car LED light company I was originally going to go with some of his bulbs. I couldn't go with blue though since he had blue in his mustang, and I didn't want red because it seemed too generic. I wanted something nobody else would have. So I decided on green. Well he didn't have any green so I had to order green LED's from SuperbrightLEDs. I changed all the bulbs on the inside of the truck and the 2 license plate bulbs as well.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:05 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

very nice so far can't wait to see some more, those doors cleaned up real good, looks like a brand new truck minus all that chrome

Thanks
Jeremiah

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 02-10-2013, 10:18 PM

After a couple months I decided I needed step bars. Mostly to help other people, especially my mother who is 5'2, get in and out of my truck. (I'm 6'4 and have no problem without the step bars) I decided on Black Horse Off Road black step bars, and as a joke "gave" them to my mother for her birthday

I dont have a pic of right when I got them on but you'll see them in a min. Also since it was around Christmas time I got my DiabloSport Predator tuner. Im currently running the 93 Octane tune.

A few months later I decided I wanted a bull guard. So I started looking around and paying attention to Craigslist and Ebay. Eventually I found one on Craigslist from a guy not too far from me. It was a great price and just what I was looking for so I went and picked it up. I took the lights the he had left on the bull guard off since I didn't like the way they looked and didn't want to wire anything. The Ram head on the bull guard is just a sticker the guy had on it.

Just after I got it on:

And here is a picture with the side steps and the bull bar:

Old 02-10-2013, 10:35 PM

The next mod was actually supposed to be the first mod but I had so much trouble with it that it took months to do something that should have taken 15 minutes

I originally bought a brand new chrome grille with black inserts to go with the truck. I wasn't opposed to chrome and thought it would look good. But the more I looked at my truck the more I just wanted the black inserts with the black shell. Well to take the inserts out you have to remove the shell from the hood. The bolts on mine were so tight and rusted that no matter how much DW40 I soaked them with, or how much PB Blaster I put on them they wouldn't budge. Some came off fine but there were 3 or 4 that just wouldn't unscrew. So finally I took it to a friend of mines shop and we had to cut the bolts that wouldn't come undone. Once the grille was finally off we just switched out the chrome horizontal inserts for the black honeycomb inserts and put her back on. WITHOUT the bolts he had to cut off. I still dont think I have seen another 3rd Gen with the black on black grille like mine

Oh and I removed the chrome bug shield.

The next thing I did was to get rid of some of the remaining chrome that was left on the outside of the truck. I was looking to get some Halo headlights and finally came across a pair of Spec-D Halo Projector headlights. They had a gloss black housing which matched my truck perfectly and a smoked lens, though it doesn't really look smoked.

Once I ordered them I took them over to my buddy's house and we spent the afternoon removing the old headlights and wiring the new ones in. We had to peel back the wheel wells just to reach the outside bolt and it took 15 minutes just to do that bolt alone since it was in such a difficult place to reach. But we got them in with no other difficulties and it definitely changed the look of the truck!

Here is my buddy making a face

Here is night time with the halo's:

I love the look of these lights and I always walk in front of my truck when I have them on to check them out!
Old 02-10-2013, 10:41 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

man you have got this thing on a roll this just keeps getting better and better, very nice ride love the lights, love the wheels, love the whole overall look, especially looking at what it looked like when you got it, its a whole other animal now, I am subscribed I will be watching this thread closely, lol, I am already

Thanks
Jeremiah

Old 02-10-2013, 10:50 PM

Later in the summer I stumbled across a guy selling his SRT-10 hood on Craigslist. I eyed it for about 4 weeks without pulling the trigger. He had it priced at $750 and I just couldn't bring myself to pay that much for it. After those 4 weeks though I thought I might be able to talk him down in price. The hood was mineral grey in color so I was going to have to have it painted too so I was trying to factor in paint costs to the whole thing before I decided to contact the guy. Luckily, the same friend from before, whose shop helped me with my grille, does some awesome paint jobs. I talked to him and he said he would definitely cut me a deal. So with that in mind I contacted the guy with the hood. He still had it and was looking to sell. I got lucky and managed to talk him to $550, which in my opinion was a great price.

Since I was back in New Jersey at the time I bought the hood, and my friends shop was down at school in North Carolina, I had to put the hood on before I went back down to school. So I was going to be driving around with a grey hood on a black truck I called up my buddy that helped me with my lights and went over to his house to have him help me put on the new SRT-10 hood. I actually took pictures of that whole process so there's gonna be alot of them

First we removed the grille, which came off MUCH easier this time. Then we removed the old hood.

The SRT-10 hood was waiting in the bed to be put on:

First the hood:

Then the grille: