DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram 4x4 - Offroad Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram 4x4 - Offroad Discussion All about Off-Road in here! From prep to execution! Let us know how you roll Off Road in your Dodge Ram Truck!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-27-2013, 02:48 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2778
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=fastNugly@discountautoperformance;1051536]There is so many factors here to determine gears you want

your truck will feel a little sluggish off the start. Not a whole lot, but you will notice it. once rolling its like anything else.
Tuner will help as you are upping your power, but you are only masking the slight stress you are giving your axles. but again, its still ok.

Gears, this is all preference.
3.92 is of course better than 3.55, and 4.10 is from if going from 3.92 to 4.10 that would be a waste.
4.10 would give you better in city performance and MPG and 3.92 would yield you better fuel on the freeway.
But the 3.92 and 4.10 are so close, if it was my truck I would do the 4.10 as you still need to factor in fun, tow (if you need to tow something) and those larger wheels.

This is just my 2 cents.
Others may have different opinions, but I would say, Im always right.....KIDDING [/QUOhttp://www.ramforumz.com/images/smilies/wavey.gifTE]

I don't know about always right But you do have some great info.
Now time for some tough decisions.. because with school I do alot of city driving, and then with work I got a 50 mins Hwy drive each way. Won't be towing anything real big.. We got the F350 and the 2500 hemi for anything heavy. Guess I got some time to think and ponder with this.. Already know it won't be till after the tires, tuner and everything.. So got plenty of time.

Sorry OP for the questions.
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Sponsored links