DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 4.7-liter V8 engine - 310 horsepower, 330 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of
Default 4.7L catch can bracket

Ok guys there has been some discussion of this over the past couple months, so I thought I'd make a dedicated thread for this. I have come up with a really nice bracket design for 4th gen rams(not sure on 3rd gens yet) that want to use the billet tech catch can. I made a mock up out of wood and verified fitment(I already have a BT catch can) and then had a friend draw it up in CAD and sent it to another friend that is on this forum(Louis) that is going to machine a piece from aluminum and send it back to test. If all goes well I will run around with it installed for about a month and at that point will say it's "good to go"(or make adjustments as needed) and if there's some interest in others wanting these we can make more and sell. We are not looking to make money here, we are more doing this to provide a good option for the 4.7L guys that want a catch can.

I know the two things everyone wants to know is price and pictures. I can't really answer these yet but once I can I will. Just as a GUESS I'm going to say we will be able to make and ship them for around $30, however this is a GUESS since I am not in the machining business. Hopefully it'll be less, maybe $20 or so. I understand if it's much more then there will probably not be any interest for that price point. We will just have to see when that time comes. As for pictures, as soon as we get the test one made and I install it I will take pictures.

We are trying to get this installed on my truck come new year, so it should be fairly soon.

Also, if we end up selling these, I will provide detailed instructions, all hardware needed, etc. We are trying to make this a bolt on "kit" like there is available for the hemi. Keep in mind you'd still have to buy the BT catch can separately from them direct(or use another CC of your choice).

I hope this doesn't infringe on any forum rules(if it does, mods please PM me first so we can talk and I will make it right). I think I'm well enough trusted on this site, been here long enough, etc. We are not trying to profit, just help the 4.7L community.

I will update on progress whenever I can After we get this finalized for the 4th gens we might move on to trying to put something together for the 3rd gens.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Sponsored links
Old 12-02-2012, 08:07 PM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Also forgot to mention, this should fit hemi 4th gens as well. So if you happen to want to use this bracket in lieu of the z bracket(unlikely....I know), you could. More likely is that if you want to use this bracket with a catch can of your choice you could do that.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:28 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
I think I'm well enough trusted on this site, been here long enough, etc.....
You kidding me, I trust me about as far as I can throw you, and I think we both know how far I can throw you

Just kidding man hope the bracket turns out great, and I think everyone would agree when I say make a little profit sheesh. Don't screw anyone over but if you and the other guy made 5 or 10 bux off each piece I'm pretty sure everyone here would understand. R&D and all that take time, and time is money. And speaking of R&D, how's that "Other Mod" in the box I sent coming along? Ha I'm the first person to take your thread off topic, The Masses live on!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
You kidding me, I trust me about as far as I can throw you, and I think we both know how far I can throw you
You'd have to be able to pick me up to throw me LOL

As for the "other mod". I still have what you sent me. We got about as far as nearly completing the molds. But there is a slight possibility that we will be moving over the next year or so, so my buddy and I decided not to invest anything more into this for now. I/we are still going to make one for my truck, but not reproducible to sell.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:41 PM

I got a bracket from Luis a few days ago, need to get some hardware then going to bolt it up and see how it fits/functions, etc. I should have pictures up within a few weeks so others can see what we are proposing to make/sell. If you guys want one we will start a list, and if we get maybe say 10 people that want one we will get them made. Any less than that it probably won't be cost effective.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:31 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad
Color: Grey
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:25
Maddevill is on a distinguished road

I'd be interested in one for a 3rd gen Ram 4.7.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
I'd be interested in one for a 3rd gen Ram 4.7.
I will update when I can on 3rd gens. I want to get this finalized for 4th gens first, then move on to 3rd gens. If I get too many things going on at once I'll get confused lol. One thing at a time. Next time I go to my parents house though I will take the stuff with me to test out on my dad's 3rd gen 4.7L. This should be in a few weeks.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:57 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Silver
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:25
EWC88 is on a distinguished road

Yea update when you try on 3rd gens cause I'll want one if so.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:55 PM

Just to update everyone, I have the "prototype" bracket with the BT catch can installed on my truck right now. Although I haven't had time to plumb it, I just installed it to see how it fit, and left it. Sounds crazy but I really have just been extremely busy. Leaving for work when it's dark out side then getting home from work when it's dark out side gets old REAL fast lol.

I'll get it plumbed soon, just need to find time to go to autozone and get the line, then install it. The current "prototype" bracket isn't pretty but it was just for fitment, and seems to be fine so far. I've had it on for about a week.

Also didn't have time to look at my dad's 3rd gen yet. Was only there for a few hours on xmas day so we just didn't get to it. We are planning to spend a saturday at the gun club shooting next month so I should have time then.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:01 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram CC
Trim Level: Tradesman
Rep:30
Jon3sgte is on a distinguished road

Post some pics up once you get it installed!!