DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-16-2013, 12:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Black Clear Coat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:65
cjgerson will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by newramkid View Post
Just gat this email from one of the dealers I was talking to last night:

"I tried today to build you the truck but at this point dodge has taken away the air suspension option , it cannot be ordered . The best i can get would be with the limited pkg. 8spd trans. r'am box system* , 3.55 axel , and sunroof"
I forgot to mention that I believe my order was manually edited by a Supply Chain Manager.
RetraxOne Tonneau cover, DeeZee tailgate assist, Line-X premium bed liner, Bed Rug Bed Mat, Freedom Tailgate seal, Cabin Air filter, aFe Magnum FORCE Air Intake System, Muffllex DOD18M, AVS Aeroskin Hood Shield, Craven Stubby Antenna, Tinted Windows, AVS In-Channel Vent-visors, AMP Research Black Bed Xtender HD, Hypertech Interceptor, E&G Classics - Polished Heavy Mesh Bumper Grille insert , Lamin-X 3rd brake and fog lights, E&G Classics Polished Heavy Mesh Bumper Grille Insert
Sponsored links
Old 05-16-2013, 02:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 1500
Trim Level: Limited
Color: GCM
Rep:17
newramkid is on a distinguished road

I asked my dealer to follow this investigation, told him I would order right away if he could find out if this was true about stopping orders on air suspension/Limited.

His response:

"As of today* the factory is stopping the air ride system availability , it seems it has some bugs in it and can't seem to resole them . sorry ."

Not sure what to believe anymore. He/that dealer could be incompetent or not care, but he does know he lost a potential high value sale.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:47 PM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed
Color: Copperhead Pearlcoat
Rep:54
The Crow 1994 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by newramkid View Post
I asked my dealer to follow this investigation, told him I would order right away if he could find out if this was true about stopping orders on air suspension/Limited.

His response:

"As of today* the factory is stopping the air ride system availability , it seems it has some bugs in it and can't seem to resole them . sorry ."

Not sure what to believe anymore. He/that dealer could be incompetent or not care, but he does know he lost a potential high value sale.
Have you tried contacting a different dealer yet to see if this is true? I have not heard that one yet, but anything is possible.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

from what i have read
in 20 days, you can place your order for the 2014 Ram
production starts about July 17th
at the dealership around the 4th week of September ??

I also read that the 3.0 Diesel won't be in production until October 2013
you would be lucky to be able drive one before January 2014
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 05-16-2013, 06:27 PM

Vehicle: 2014 1500
Color: GCM
Rep:17
newramkid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow 1994 View Post
Have you tried contacting a different dealer yet to see if this is true? I have not heard that one yet, but anything is possible.

Just got off the phone with my local dealer (different than the email I reported earlier).....but caveat: I will not buy from them (multiple reasons). The sales woman looked into a build (simple: Limited/Air Suspension) and said there weren't any restrictions that were being flagged on her computer. I told her what my other dealer sent me in an email and her response was that dealers have restrictions/allocations on the number of configurations they are allowed to order. That dealer may have hit their limit

That's about it
Old 05-17-2013, 03:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Color: Black Clearcoat Monotone
Rep:10
gombater is on a distinguished road
Default Placed my order

Placed my order for a black limited with 6'4" box today. Was 'guaranteed' air suspension was standard equipment. My salesman did note that the longhorn parts were on allocation, but the limited package [26M] was not, so that helped....[take it for what it's worth...]

basically a laramie longhorn with:
26M limited package
anti-slip differential
Class IV receiver

MSRP: $52,930
Sale Price: $46,568

Potential Rebates/Incentives [some protected, some not]: $6,618

Final pricing before tax/title/etc: $39,950 [TBD at time of delivery...]

Hope this info help others on the board, I certainly got a lot of info from others here...

cjgerson - not enough posts for a PM reply - went with Dempsey.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Black Clear Coat
Rep:65
cjgerson will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gombater View Post
Placed my order for a black limited with 6'4" box today. Was 'guaranteed' air suspension was standard equipment. My salesman did note that the longhorn parts were on allocation, but the limited package [26M] was not, so that helped....[take it for what it's worth...]

basically a laramie longhorn with:
26M limited package
anti-slip differential
Class IV receiver

MSRP: $52,930
Sale Price: $46,568

Potential Rebates/Incentives [some protected, some not]: $6,618

Final pricing before tax/title/etc: $39,950 [TBD at time of delivery...]

Hope this info help others on the board, I certainly got a lot of info from others here...

cjgerson - not enough posts for a PM reply - went with Dempsey.
Nice work gombater! You work with Ken? What was the MSRP price of the 26M package? If it was only listed as $2495 then it did not contain the Air Suspension.

Once I the Midwest Supply Chain Manager added Air suspension my MSRP went up to 54,175. I got 26M, Power Sun Roof, CD Player, 3.55 Gears, Class IV Hitch, Delete Rambox, Delete Spray in Bedliner.
RetraxOne Tonneau cover, DeeZee tailgate assist, Line-X premium bed liner, Bed Rug Bed Mat, Freedom Tailgate seal, Cabin Air filter, aFe Magnum FORCE Air Intake System, Muffllex DOD18M, AVS Aeroskin Hood Shield, Craven Stubby Antenna, Tinted Windows, AVS In-Channel Vent-visors, AMP Research Black Bed Xtender HD, Hypertech Interceptor, E&G Classics - Polished Heavy Mesh Bumper Grille insert , Lamin-X 3rd brake and fog lights, E&G Classics Polished Heavy Mesh Bumper Grille Insert
Old 05-18-2013, 07:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Color: Black Clearcoat Monotone
gombater is on a distinguished road
Default Purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjgerson View Post
Nice work gombater! You work with Ken? What was the MSRP price of the 26M package? If it was only listed as $2495 then it did not contain the Air Suspension.

Once I the Midwest Supply Chain Manager added Air suspension my MSRP went up to 54,175. I got 26M, Power Sun Roof, CD Player, 3.55 Gears, Class IV Hitch, Delete Rambox, Delete Spray in Bedliner.
Yep, working with Ken. Very Professional guy. The 26M package was quoted at $2495 and the air suspension was not listed. Ken was told [or I was told] that we have 100% confirmation that air suspension is standard for this trim level. In the next sentence though, he reminded me that Ram is allowed to adjust pricing from now to delivery - until the 'papers are signed' So I may get a notice of price increase or get a truck without it. So honestly I am not sure if I'll get it or not. Dealer will let me walk away from deal of course since they cannot order limited trim packages and they could easily sell this unit off the lot [probably for a lot more].

On top of all this I ordered Friday afternoon, Thursday afternoon there were no restrictions, Friday morning there now is one on the base longhorn truck. So now I am not sure if I'll even get the truck, or if it will be delayed and how much. If it goes too long, I may cancel and order a 2014 model.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 08 Sierra Denali; 08 C6 Z06
Trim Level: Undecided
mdrew is on a distinguished road

I spent six hours between two dealers last Thursday and Friday. Both did their best to order me a truck, but they could not. Literally, could not because the system would not let them. I was sitting right there with the guys who order vehicles for both dealers day in and day out (that's their only job). What a PITA. I have NEVER ran into this sort of problem before. That's why people "order" vehicles, to get what they want without having to compromise. I even tried to order a Longhorn (minus the stitching), with the 6/4 bed, 8 speed and air suspension. No luck with that combo either, and I didn't even get to the color choice! I guess I'm getting a Ford Platinum after all, well if I can find one with the 6.2 and 6/4 bed anyway. I have had a hard time finding that combination too.... This is ridiculous. Can't ever remember having trouble buying something before.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Longhorn 6'4" bed
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: white
Rep:25
SteveA922 is on a distinguished road

I have a Longhorn on order but prefer less cowboy of the Limited. My dealer has told me the only interior available for the limited is black? Is this true? Thanks.