DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-22-2013, 02:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Black Clear Coat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:65
cjgerson will become famous soon enough

Its not carbon fiber. The accent pieces are Ash Swirl Burl. There is a youtube video in this thread which goes over the entire truck, and I also a attached a pdf which covers the Limited package.

Also for those who are still concerned about the Air Suspension not being on the Limited this might help. I sent my contact an note explaining that a supply chain manager had to manually add it to my order and he had this comment:
We start to build the Limited trucks on June 3rd. It is possible that air suspension was added manually because your truck is an early order. However, although the manager put it in manually, the Limited model would not be built without it air suspension. The order would have failed prior to being built and a message to correct the order would be needed. It’s a pretty advanced system seeing how many options a truck has. For example: A Limited could not be built with steel base wheels unless it was forced.
RetraxOne Tonneau cover, DeeZee tailgate assist, Line-X premium bed liner, Bed Rug Bed Mat, Freedom Tailgate seal, Cabin Air filter, aFe Magnum FORCE Air Intake System, Muffllex DOD18M, AVS Aeroskin Hood Shield, Craven Stubby Antenna, Tinted Windows, AVS In-Channel Vent-visors, AMP Research Black Bed Xtender HD, Hypertech Interceptor, E&G Classics - Polished Heavy Mesh Bumper Grille insert , Lamin-X 3rd brake and fog lights, E&G Classics Polished Heavy Mesh Bumper Grille Insert
Sponsored links
Old 05-22-2013, 03:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 CC 4x4
Trim Level: 1500 Longhorn 4x4
Color: Western Brown Monotone
Rep:92
lowfast will become famous soon enough

So will there be a way to sepcial order without the air suspension? I like the sport look and the less cowboy interior but have no desire to get the rambox or air suspension.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:03 PM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM & 2014 RAM (ordered)
Trim Level: Laramie Limited(s)
Rep:20
JCC11 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfast View Post
So will there be a way to sepcial order without the air suspension? I like the sport look and the less cowboy interior but have no desire to get the rambox or air suspension.

No, not at the dealer level. They do not have the ability to override the software that blocks out air suspension choices.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:50 PM

I finally was able to place my order my 2013 Laramie Limited. After weeks of trying to work through misinformation on the 26M package: the inclusions, the options, issues with dealer's software crashing, reading and re-reading this thread, many calls and hours spent with RAM customer service (and waiting for return calls from them with answers), its finally done.

I ran into several problems right away:
**The 26M package has changed configuration at the factory more than once, causing great confusion between my dealer and me as we differed on what we thought were the included features.
**The Air Suspension that we know should be included (as mentioned in this thread - THANKS CJGERSON FOR ALL THE INFO!) is not "listed" in the package nor is it available as an option in the software.
**So many updates are being constantly made to the ordering software that my dealer was often unable to log on to find out what was available.
**Restrictions on ordering were in effect on this model on and off again.

Eventually, I think I got the info I needed, sourced from RAM customer service people searching for answers for me, and my dealer checking into things. I think we finally got it done, and I hope all turns out well.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Limited
Color: Black Clearcoat Monotone
Rep:10
gombater is on a distinguished road
Default package changing...

Got a call from my dealer today....

26M package has changed, removed 'folding flat load floor storage' and Rambox; price stayed the same, which means if you want the ramboxes it will cost you an additional $1,100.

No word on the air suspension, but I expect it will be treated similarly - available with a price increase eventually...

Attached is before and after 26M package details. If you ordered the limited expecting ramboxes sounds like you need to get the order changed or it will show up without them.

Mine has been requested, but not sure yet if we can get the order changed or not....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf limited package.pdf (7.3 KB, 56 views)
File Type: pdf limited package2.pdf (3.3 KB, 36 views)
Old 05-24-2013, 02:31 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 CC 4x4
Trim Level: 1500 Longhorn 4x4
Color: Western Brown Monotone
Rep:92
lowfast will become famous soon enough

Hmm, maybe by the time I am ready to order in a few months Ram will have their act together and know what they are selling. Until then I will be watching this thread for updates.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gombater View Post
Got a call from my dealer today....

26M package has changed, removed 'folding flat load floor storage' and Rambox; price stayed the same, which means if you want the ramboxes it will cost you an additional $1,100.

No word on the air suspension, but I expect it will be treated similarly - available with a price increase eventually...

Attached is before and after 26M package details. If you ordered the limited expecting ramboxes sounds like you need to get the order changed or it will show up without them.

Mine has been requested, but not sure yet if we can get the order changed or not....

This was one of the many dilemmas I encountered during the ordering process. Rambox has officially been removed from the package (without a price change). Therefore they must be added as an option if desired (which I did).

The air suspension, as cjgerson mentioned, is included in the package. This was confirmed, after several days of deliberation, by RAM customer service. It is not comforting that the air suspension inclusion is not written into the package. We are left to "trust" that it shows up.

As for the "load floor", you are correct that it is now missing from the package list, however, it was not listed as an available option. I think it is an oversight, but I'm just guessing there.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC11 View Post
**The Air Suspension that we know should be included (as mentioned in this thread - THANKS CJGERSON FOR ALL THE INFO!) is not "listed" in the package nor is it available as an option in the software.
You are very welcome man. Just trying to help out my fellow Ram followers.

I know this is a package appears to be constantly moving, but Air Suspension will be included. I am just glad I worked out my deal as Invoice price - holdback - incentives. The overall price may very slightly, but in the end I know I will get exactly what I want at a great price.
RetraxOne Tonneau cover, DeeZee tailgate assist, Line-X premium bed liner, Bed Rug Bed Mat, Freedom Tailgate seal, Cabin Air filter, aFe Magnum FORCE Air Intake System, Muffllex DOD18M, AVS Aeroskin Hood Shield, Craven Stubby Antenna, Tinted Windows, AVS In-Channel Vent-visors, AMP Research Black Bed Xtender HD, Hypertech Interceptor, E&G Classics - Polished Heavy Mesh Bumper Grille insert , Lamin-X 3rd brake and fog lights, E&G Classics Polished Heavy Mesh Bumper Grille Insert
Old 05-31-2013, 11:37 AM

I need some feedback from others that have ordered a 2013 Limited:

I received my VOTS confirmation. There is no mention of the Air Suspension in my listed features. I know this was expected, but am again concerned. Does yours show the Air Suspension?

Also, I am concerned about the fold flat floor. I want it. It was originally listed in the 26m package. Then it was removed from the package (along with the Rambox), but was not available to order as an option. I know this too was expected, but I am concerned. Thanks.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I haven't got my VOTS email yet but a week after I ordered I had them add the LSD (Update made on 5/17). I could not believe after all my planning and waiting I forgot to have that on my initial order.!!!

I did get this from my dealer on wednseday (5/29):
"On the current build sheet on your vehicle the air ride is listed and Rambox is still shows deleted for -$490"

When did you order?