DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-02-2013, 09:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Limited
Color: Black Clearcoat Monotone
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
gombater is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC11 View Post
So Gombater, when did you place your order? I read in places on this forum that some folks waited weeks before receiving VINs. Is your dealer very much on the ball, or does mine just suck?

My order was sent in on May 17th, and my POC document showing the VIN was dated May 27.

So far, my dealer has been pretty good to work with and on the ball on what they can control, TBD on where things will actually end up.
Sponsored links
Old 06-03-2013, 01:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 RAM & 2014 RAM (ordered)
Trim Level: Laramie Limited(s)
Rep:20
JCC11 is on a distinguished road

Ok, I just received my VIN. RAM customer service is mailing me my build sheet. The customer service rep can mail it usps, but can't pull it up to read it herself so I couldn't get any answers about air suspension or fold flat floors, etc. Fingers crossed that all is well.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:36 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Maximum Steel
Rep:89
Breathing Borla will become famous soon enough

seems like they took a sport and a longhorn and blended them together.

These look nice but I like the sport much better (no chrome or wood).

when someone lands one, post some pics though!!

2013 Ram Sport Crew 4x4, 5.7, 8-speed, 3.92, Borla
2010 LTD Tundra DC, 4x4 RW Wheels 33" Cooper Maxx
2001 tundra, 2000 tundra
1995.5 Tacoma, 1997 Tacoma, 1998 Tacoma
Old 06-03-2013, 08:37 PM

I have good news for a change! Maybe this info will help you fellas find some piece of mind as well. As I wrote two posts prior, I received my VIN and requested my build sheet from RAM customer service this morning. They told me they would mail it, but happily, they sent it by email as well. I've gone over it line by line (6 printed pages!). I can't believe it, but everything looks just like it should!

For my buddies Gombater and Cjgerson, the air suspension appears to be included on the build sheet, assuming I am interpreting the listing correctly. Most things are pretty self explanatory, but this one is termed differently than I have seen in the literature. It says, "SERP Load Leveling and Height Control". If that is air suspension, then all is well!

Also, the fold flat rear floor is included in the build sheet!

If you guys think of anything else that is really important that I should look for please let me know. So far, I am more than pleased.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Black Clear Coat
Rep:65
cjgerson will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I have good news for a change! Maybe this info will help you fellas find some piece of mind as well. As I wrote two posts prior, I received my VIN and requested my build sheet from RAM customer service this morning. They told me they would mail it, but happily, they sent it by email as well. I've gone over it line by line (6 printed pages!). I can't believe it, but everything looks just like it should!

For my buddies Gombater and Cjgerson, the air suspension appears to be included on the build sheet, assuming I am interpreting the listing correctly. Most things are pretty self explanatory, but this one is termed differently than I have seen in the literature. It says, "SERP Load Leveling and Height Control". If that is air suspension, then all is well!

If you guys think of anything else that is really important that I should look for please let me know. So far, I am more than pleased.
Excellent news man. That does seem like its referring to the air ride. I got notified by my dealer today that I can't add LSD because I don't want the Rambox. Can you believe those two options are tied to together on the limited package? All i could do is laugh.
RetraxOne Tonneau cover, DeeZee tailgate assist, Line-X premium bed liner, Bed Rug Bed Mat, Freedom Tailgate seal, Cabin Air filter, aFe Magnum FORCE Air Intake System, Muffllex DOD18M, AVS Aeroskin Hood Shield, Craven Stubby Antenna, Tinted Windows, AVS In-Channel Vent-visors, AMP Research Black Bed Xtender HD, Hypertech Interceptor, E&G Classics - Polished Heavy Mesh Bumper Grille insert , Lamin-X 3rd brake and fog lights, E&G Classics Polished Heavy Mesh Bumper Grille Insert
Old 06-04-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjgerson View Post
Excellent news man. That does seem like its referring to the air ride. I got notified by my dealer today that I can't add LSD because I don't want the Rambox. Can you believe those two options are tied to together on the limited package? All i could do is laugh.

I know you probably checked into that to verify if it true, but I have to say, that makes no sense to me whatsoever. When I placed my order, there was no connection between the two options. I believe the software offered the LSD early on the list of options, then the Rambox was lower on the checklist. When we chose the LSD, it didn't note that the Rambox was required (although I did order both features). Obviously, things change frequently at RAM, and this may no longer be the case. As you say, all you can do is laugh.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the insight...I had to follow in your footsteps and check with customer service. Sent an email last night, got an email back this morning with the breakdown. Agree that the air suspension and fold flat floors look to be on the list. all seems to be on track....
Old 06-04-2013, 07:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Jhn1 is on a distinguished road

I am trying to order the Laramie limited here in greater Los Angeles area, but non of the dealers I went to know what they are talking about. It's really frustrating when salespeople have no clue what there doing. I've heard everything from no that package doesn't exist to it will be available beginning of next year. Does anybody know of a dealer in Los Angeles area that can help me.

Thanks
John
Old 06-04-2013, 09:38 PM

Default who will be first to get a Limited?

cjgerson, JCC11;
Now it's time to wait, huh? Let's see who gets a VOTS update first....
Old 06-04-2013, 11:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Black Clear Coat
Rep:65
cjgerson will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gombater View Post
cjgerson, JCC11;
Now it's time to wait, huh? Let's see who gets a VOTS update first....
I am still in C status. No confirmation emails from VOTs yet.
RetraxOne Tonneau cover, DeeZee tailgate assist, Line-X premium bed liner, Bed Rug Bed Mat, Freedom Tailgate seal, Cabin Air filter, aFe Magnum FORCE Air Intake System, Muffllex DOD18M, AVS Aeroskin Hood Shield, Craven Stubby Antenna, Tinted Windows, AVS In-Channel Vent-visors, AMP Research Black Bed Xtender HD, Hypertech Interceptor, E&G Classics - Polished Heavy Mesh Bumper Grille insert , Lamin-X 3rd brake and fog lights, E&G Classics Polished Heavy Mesh Bumper Grille Insert