DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-09-2013, 02:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Black Clear Coat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:65
cjgerson will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disguybao View Post
I was going to order it today but for some reason the system did not have air suspension as an option so my dealer said that they are going to try it again tomorrow. I dont know what paint was used in the demo truck at the auto show but i dont see it on the paint list neither!
So your dealer can see it in the system? Did they provide you a printed list of all the options?
RetraxOne Tonneau cover, DeeZee tailgate assist, Line-X premium bed liner, Bed Rug Bed Mat, Freedom Tailgate seal, Cabin Air filter, aFe Magnum FORCE Air Intake System, Muffllex DOD18M, AVS Aeroskin Hood Shield, Craven Stubby Antenna, Tinted Windows, AVS In-Channel Vent-visors, AMP Research Black Bed Xtender HD, Hypertech Interceptor, E&G Classics - Polished Heavy Mesh Bumper Grille insert , Lamin-X 3rd brake and fog lights, E&G Classics Polished Heavy Mesh Bumper Grille Insert
Sponsored links
Old 05-09-2013, 03:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Just got a voicemail from one of the dealers I am working with saying the Limited Package is available to order! Wants me to call and go over available options, which I will be doing as soon as my afternoon meetings end!
RetraxOne Tonneau cover, DeeZee tailgate assist, Line-X premium bed liner, Bed Rug Bed Mat, Freedom Tailgate seal, Cabin Air filter, aFe Magnum FORCE Air Intake System, Muffllex DOD18M, AVS Aeroskin Hood Shield, Craven Stubby Antenna, Tinted Windows, AVS In-Channel Vent-visors, AMP Research Black Bed Xtender HD, Hypertech Interceptor, E&G Classics - Polished Heavy Mesh Bumper Grille insert , Lamin-X 3rd brake and fog lights, E&G Classics Polished Heavy Mesh Bumper Grille Insert
Old 05-09-2013, 03:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Here is a pdf with the details of the Limited (26M) Package. Adds $3145 to the Base MSRP on top of the Longhorn.

It does include:
  • 8 Speed - $500 MSRP
  • Rambox - $1295 MSRP
  • Wheel to Wheel side steps - $600 MSRP
  • Convience Group with Proximity Keyless entry - $495 MSRP
  • Rear Window Defroster - $150 MSRP
Rambox can be deleted and will decrease cost of limited package by $490.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf limited package.pdf (7.3 KB, 98 views)
Old 05-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: Ram 1500
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: White
Rep:10
Disguybao is on a distinguished road

Yes the dealer got it all priced out yesterday, but when i came in today to put a deposit on it the system didn't give them the option of adding in the air suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjgerson View Post
So your dealer can see it in the system? Did they provide you a printed list of all the options?
Old 05-09-2013, 05:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I also ran into the issue of not being able to add air suspension. Dealer thought it might be becasue it would put MSRP over $55k. I got an email out to my RAM contact to see what is the deal with the Limited Pacakge and air suspension.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: Ram 1500
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: White
Disguybao is on a distinguished road

Yeah they had it on yesterday and took it off today.

Quote:
I also ran into the issue of not being able to add air suspension. Dealer thought it might be becasue it would put MSRP over $55k. I got an email out to my RAM contact to see what is the deal with the Limited Pacakge and air suspension.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Limited
Color: Black Clearcoat Monotone
gombater is on a distinguished road
Default Limited pricing

Quote:
My contact in Auburn Hills said it should be in the ordering system either late Tuesday (5/7) or yesterday. I was traveling all day yesterday and just sent emails out to my dealers this morning. Still waiting to hear back on what they see in the ordering system.

I am working with Dempsey Dodge in Plano, IL and Roanoke Motors in Roanoke, IL. I was also working with Sam Leman but as soon as I started the pricing point as a % below Invoice they stopped replying to me.
Thanks for the info!
I assume these dealers are willing to work with supplier pricing?
My plan is to offer supplier pricing minus dealer holdback, plus any available incentives [whichever is better at time of order or delivery]. Also assume you working through their fleet/internet sales person? Have you been able to get anything better than this?

Would prefer to work with local dealer here in Morton, but not if they won't accept the pricing level noted above.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

So Ram Corp contact said air suspension is not showing as an option because it's standard for that model.

This concerns me a little as it was not explicitly listed in that breakdown I got from the dealer.

gombater: Yes I am working with internet sales person and I got him down to invoice - dealer holdback - available incentives.

I would have also liked to work with Morton dealer, but once I said I am looking for ~3% below invoice the replys stopped happening.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Undecided
raziel00 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
So Ram Corp contact said air suspension is not showing as an option because it's standard for that model.

This concerns me a little as it was not explicitly listed in that breakdown I got from the dealer.

gombater: Yes I am working with internet sales person and I got him down to invoice - dealer holdback - available incentives.

I would have also liked to work with Morton dealer, but once I said I am looking for ~3% below invoice the replys stopped happening.
Am I correct in assuming that invoice - 3% is what you expect from invoice-dealer holdback-incentives?
Old 05-10-2013, 12:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel00 View Post
Am I correct in assuming that invoice - 3% is what you expect from invoice-dealer holdback-incentives?
No. So if you get Invoice - 3% - incentives then it will be a really good price. Technically dealer holdback is 3% of MSRP - Destination Fee.

Example:
MSRP 50000
Invoice 47000
Holdback 1500
Incentives 2000

$47000 - $1500 - $2000 = $43500. This would be a great price.

Note: I am not using real numbers here. Just ones for simple math.

I used invoice - 3% as a dicusison point with a dealer as we did not have pricing on the Limited Package yet.