DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Drag Racing Discussion > Kills and More Kills

Notices

Kills and More Kills Fictional stories about how you may have smoked another car or truck with your Ram on or off the track! - Keep safe out there!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-16-2013, 08:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Oudoorsman
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:39
Outdoorsman2012 is on a distinguished road

FireWire, Just for reference I didn't see anyone ask or you post it but what rear end do you have? this could have been a downfall also especially if you had 3.55
Sponsored links
Old 02-16-2013, 08:33 AM

Vehicle: 2014 4x4 Regular Cab w/8ft bed
Trim Level: Tradesman 4x4
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:963
Gantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to behold

FireWire; I don't think you busted anyone's bubble other than your own. Your truck lost the race, not ours. I will bust your bubble and say, leave the dragging to the experienced bud.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:05 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Sport
Color: silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:11
compressor man is on a distinguished road

I don't think any of the competitors are slouches, but I am not worried about any, including our own kind. I hope to be low 13's in a QC 4x4 this spring. A tundra will need a SC to keep up, lol.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:21 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
FireWire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantman View Post
FireWire; I don't think you busted anyone's bubble other than your own. Your truck lost the race, not ours. I will bust your bubble and say, leave the dragging to the experienced bud.
Thank you for the advice. This is my first Ram after 5 F150s. Before I got this truck, I test drove 2 Fords: a 5L, an Eco Boost and also took out a Tundra. The Eco Boost and the Toyota were quicker. Quicker but not better, so I chose the Ram.
So no bubble burst here.
I do spend some time at the track on my bike.
I am not that experienced, but can easily get down the 1/4 in 11 sec.
My bike is not particularly fast with about 125 HP.
The power to weight ratio is like a Ram with 1250 HP.
That's how I get my fix.
My Toyota story was just to start some good discussion, which it did.
I think we are on page 4.

Mission Accomplished
Old 02-16-2013, 08:23 PM

Vehicle: 2014 4x4 Regular Cab w/8ft bed
Trim Level: Tradesman 4x4
Rep:963
Gantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to behold

I'm just givin ya a hard time bud! Hahaha! I GOTCHA! It's nice to know you are multi brand experienced though, seriously.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:42 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
FireWire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantman View Post
I'm just givin ya a hard time bud! Hahaha! I GOTCHA! It's nice to know you are multi brand experienced though, seriously.
Ya no problem.
I'm on here to share in some good discussion and have a bit of fun.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:15 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express RC
Color: Black Express Package
Rep:57
RyanJM will become famous soon enough

The guy I work with has a 12 Tundra with a level and its pretty quick. I don't think my 13 cc could win with its lazy 3.55's. I should have ram it before I traded in my 09 the 87 ds tune and the 3.92's that replaced the stock 3.21's made that a lot of fun with the tc off. I don't know why they would put 3.21's in a truck. I am finding these 3.55's barely adequate. I didn't buy a 4x4 cc to race but I do now kinda think I should have got a 14 with some 3.92's

2014 Black Express, 4.5" Maxtrac lift, Ballistic Razorback's 20x9, 35x12.5 Federal Cougaria MT's, DeeZee tailgate assist, K&N drop in filter, magnaflow 16" welded in, Diablo Trinity, 20% tint on the front and 5% on the rear glass, AVS Smoked Aeroskin, HID 3000k fogs, 6000k HID's in the projectors.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:20 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express RC
Color: Black Express Package
Rep:57
RyanJM will become famous soon enough

I like the dodge for price and its a good looking truck. Tundra's are expensive if you want one with toys. I do like the FX4 F150 but again more than my Lone Star by a good amount. Chevy's I year drive were ok the interior needs a update they haven't changed in ao long I didn't feel like I was getting a new truck. Only bonus is Chevy is a very mod friendly truck since it does come with LS style motors there are more mods than I could list for performance. Plus tuning them is easy and gives you a great result. Wish dodge made theirs so easy to tune.

2014 Black Express, 4.5" Maxtrac lift, Ballistic Razorback's 20x9, 35x12.5 Federal Cougaria MT's, DeeZee tailgate assist, K&N drop in filter, magnaflow 16" welded in, Diablo Trinity, 20% tint on the front and 5% on the rear glass, AVS Smoked Aeroskin, HID 3000k fogs, 6000k HID's in the projectors.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:06 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Color: PX8 Black
Rep:1769
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
This doesn't surprise me at all. I knew ALL about the Tundra prior to purchasing my truck. I was days from purchasing one [deposit down].

The Tundra's a good truck. It's not a Ram, but it's a damn good truck. What killed you is the pathetic torque converter Chrysler seemed to think was a bright idea on these trucks and how de-tuned our trucks are. Case in point: read about the MANY raving reviews people are posting with the canned and custome tunes now [finally] available for our 12' models. The Tundra motor will rev and keep reving until the governor decides enough, is enough. I know; I drove one for nine days prior to purchasing my truck.... and drove it like the LAPD was on my tail. The geniuses at Toyota did wonders with this truck..... along with a brilliant marketing stragedy that's done wonders for their sales.

I got shot down a while back when I commented on the Tundra and it's quality inside and out. While I don't believe it touches the Ram overall, I think under the hood, it teaches Chrysler a lesson or two. But who's listening, right?

My next-door neighbor is a car dealer. He recently bought home a 2010 Toyota Tundra Limited Crew with 12K that was BONE STOCK. He had just purchased it from an elderly gentleman who babied it since 2009 but, unfortunately, an illness of late had forced him to not be able to drive it any longer. It was flawless inside/out. We thought, hey, why not? We did standstill and rolling starts.

I had just a tad over 1/2 tank full, his fuel gauge was showing full. We ran in our street, for sheets and giggles, which is app. 1/2 mile long as the crow flies before it takes a sharp LHT and freshly paved. He got me off the mark, mid-way and top-end on FOUR runs. Everytime!

Was I suprised? Somewhat. Was I upset? No. Did I expect to get him at any stage? Yes. However, like someone stated earlier, I too didn't purchase my Ram "... for the 0-60 times or street racing... I just prefer the looks, comfort, handling, and the Hemi power... "

It is what it is....

Grub, great write up as always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
I cant take a vehicle serious when their brand name ha "TOY" in it. Also not a fan of the looks on the tundras
That tundra owner is laughing knowing his 'toy' spanked a rams ass
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 02-17-2013, 08:41 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Tradesman, 2013 Express
Color: Silver Tradesman, White Express
Rep:39
roo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorsman2012 View Post
FireWire, Just for reference I didn't see anyone ask or you post it but what rear end do you have? this could have been a downfall also especially if you had 3.55
Come on FireWire, I have 3.55's also, Smart cars and Prius's are as I'll challenge............Damn 3.55's!!!!