I just installed a set of **************** LED tail light bulbs (3157 12W wedge red). Although the factory bulbs were pretty bright I wanted to try to get brighter with LED. Sorry, I do have pics but they are useless (crappy iPhone pics) and I didn't have a helper to step on the brakes for me.
- LED light fills the light cavity better than stock so it is a fuller and more defined light output.
- The instant on and off factor. They now match the LED signals on my mirrors.
- About the same brightness if not slightly less brighter than stock when blinking or brakes applied.
- Now I have to get LED front turn signals to match the rest of the truck.
- what I have noticed so far is that I only get an EVIC lights out message once when I start the truck. After about 30 seconds it disappears and no hyper flashing. I can live with that if that keeps up. I have not installed the resistors yet.
There should be a way program the truck to say you are using LED lights.