DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-18-2013, 10:05 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: ram
Rep:10
needham is on a distinguished road
Default My Ordering a Longhorn Adventure

I began talking to dealers about ordering a truck 2 weeks ago ......talked to several, got several prices.

then last week, I got an email from Ram saying my truck was being processed for production. I was floored, who ordered me a truck without my permission? I got a vots vin and everything.... well I called that dealer and was livid, told them my name better get off that order ASAP.

about a week went by and they never took care of it, so I called back Friday and ranted some more, dealer told me that the order has reached stage D and cant get my name off of the order...I said I bet my attorney can. They offered to make it "financially right" ....... we went round and round and came to $2750 under invoice and 41.9K after incentives, before trade and taxes.......so I am going to the dealer today to sign up and get the trade negotiated.... hope to get 38k financed, tax in, OTD.

MSRP 53985
invoice 49237
price 46487
after rebates(before trade) 41987

I think I did good on price lol, and look forward to owning this beast of a truck!!
Sponsored links
Old 02-18-2013, 10:15 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black/Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:147
TVL will become famous soon enoughTVL will become famous soon enough

Sounds like you got a great price! Usually, it's a crap shoot for dealers to know exactly what to have on hand. There are so many options and flavors you can put on a truck. As soon as he knew you were looking for one, he decided to order it. He would have a leg up on the other dealers in the area by having one for you to see and drive. He put your name on the order, but that doesn't commit you to buy it!
Great deal anyway!

Hello, my name is Tim and I'm a modaholic.

MODS: 6" RCX Lift, 37"X12.5R20 Trail Grapplers on 20" Moto Metal 962 Black/silver rims, remote tailgate lock, Bakflip G2 tonneau cover, LineX spray-on bed liner, Amp Research Power Step, magnaflow 18" muffler, S&B CAI, Passenger Front Ejection seat, Diablosport Trinity1000 tuned with Hemifever 89 tune, Spyder Projector/HID 8000K/CCFL Halos/LEDs Headlights, Retroshop Projector/HID/8000K/CCFL Halo Fog Lights, Recon LED Smoked Tail Lights & LED Smoked 3rd Brake Light, fully stocked bar w/tap, BT Catch Can, Chrome & Black Mesh studded Grille, HID Reverse Light Kit, customized tailgate badge....more to come!
Old 02-18-2013, 11:19 AM

Vehicle: 13 1500 Laramie Crew 6'4
Trim Level: Laramie 8Speed 4x4
Color: True Pearl Blue
Rep:68
Cookie Monster will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVL View Post
Sounds like you got a great price! Usually, it's a crap shoot for dealers to know exactly what to have on hand. There are so many options and flavors you can put on a truck. As soon as he knew you were looking for one, he decided to order it. He would have a leg up on the other dealers in the area by having one for you to see and drive. He put your name on the order, but that doesn't commit you to buy it!
Great deal anyway!

Your right it's a sales tactic to beat other dealers to the punch and get your business. Unless you actually sign purchase papers you haven't bought or commited to the purchase. The paper york that is signed for placing an order is to assure the price that was negotiated at the time of order.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:19
ShaneDiddy is on a distinguished road

Yea i would have been pissed too but yea you weren't obligated to buy that at all no matter if he couldnt take your name off or not.......but congrats on the truck
Old 02-18-2013, 12:31 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 3500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Maximum Steel Matallic
Rep:62
crabjoe will become famous soon enough

That's a sweet deal!! Have you had a chance to look at the build sheet? If so, I'd love to know if the price you're getting is the employee pricing. And if so, I'd love to know how their doing it. If not employee pricing, they're taking a hit of over a grand on this deal because the holdback is probably around $1500!! Even if they're taking a hit, I think it's still cheaper for them then paying an attorney and having a pissed off consumer....

You got a fantastic deal, congratulations!!
Old 02-18-2013, 02:41 PM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Rep:1634
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

Hey congrats on the new truck and also the deal.....Please post some pics when you pick it up.....

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"
Old 02-18-2013, 03:53 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:29
Brandon .30-06 is on a distinguished road

I don't think it is employee pricing. But it is a good deal
Old 02-18-2013, 07:58 PM

Vehicle: ram
Rep:10
needham is on a distinguished road

just back from the dealer (3 hours away)

after my 6k trade, which was fair and want I wanted for it.....tax in out the door 38.6k financed.

he said the order was in D status and it should be here by the end of March.....with the 8speed discussion on this board I guess shall wait and see.

funny thing is, this dealer was the highest quote I got from anyone. They were about 1k over invoice with everyone else 750 under invoice and going lower.....its funny how getting pissed off gets you the better price by a mile(not that I like doing business like that). I knew I didn't have to buy the truck I just found it shady. Plus I believe all a man has is his name and for someone to use that name to do something without permission erks me at best.

Plus I didn't want my name on 2 different orders and receive 2 sets of email on 2 different builds........alls well that ends well I suppose.

cant wait to get it!! This is my first brand new vehicle, and first Ram truck so I am super excited! Will post pics without a doubt!!!! thanks guys!