DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum > Washing & Waxing

Notices

Washing & Waxing Washing and Waxing your Dodge Ram! Talk about it here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-19-2013, 11:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Hemi Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Electric Blue Pearlcoat
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
Userj8670 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by primo spaghetti View Post
hey pull ya..thanks for the vote of confidence!

userj8670...ive only ever heard of castle cleaning products.and like you said their glass clenaer specifically.

im just on the canadian side of the Lewiston in Niagara on the Lake...where are you finding the Castle Wax? im always up for testing new products??

As for you looking for something long lasting, let me know...ive got some good recommendations....

I am maybe 10 minutes from Clifton Hill and 5 min from Niagara U. The castle wax was given to me by a buddy of mine (swears by it). His brother has a body shop in Amherst, NY and gets it directly from thier castle distributor. I have looked all over and its not carried in stores. If you like I can meet up with you if you would like to try it out - i would be more than happy. As for wax - i really dont know. I am really new to all these outstanding products. Traditionally I have used mothers carnuba wax and the castle (more of a sealant and cleaner wax in one) on my truck. I drive it only when the weathers nice lol. For the 2012 season i think i have put maybe 2000 miles on it lol. But I guess I am looking for something that is gonna give it a deep glow - something that will make peoples heads turn and say look at that shine. Since its not really my daily driver and only comes out on certain days i guess longevity isnt an issue as much as quality. I went to autogeek.net and there is a pinnacle wax that i guess is pretty decent?

p.s. I never even knew this subforum existed until yesterday so excuse my ignorance on these products.

Kind Regards,
Jim
Sponsored links
Old 02-20-2013, 06:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Rep:898
primo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to behold

Jim;

my advice is that if you like something and it works for you..stick with it.

i have this nasty habit of trying to stay on top of everything....it makes it so tough because there are just so many products...and everyone has a favourite for one reason or another.

As for the pinnacle, ive never used it, but it does look good on the cars ive seen it on, and it has a hige following.

That colour truck should already make heads turn...i love that electric blue.

something i have tried and really liked (in a wax) was poorboys liquid nattys blue. i found that a really awesome and easy to use wax and really hada nice look on dark colours.

another one ill suggest that is readily available to you over the counter at most carquest and Napa store is the duragloss aqua wax...I tink i got it at the one one Niagara Falls Blvd across from tops in Niagara Falls. again since longevity isnt an issue for you, id highly recommend the aquqawax. it does something incredible to paint and you wont notice it until the day after you apply it...it is one of my favourite spray waxes ive ever used.
2014 Dodge Ram 4X4 Sport, BakFlip F1 cover, Weathertech DigiFit Liners, BedRug bed mat, PIAA Extreme White Fog Bulbs, ProComp 2.5" / 1.5" Nitro Level Lift, Zone Off Road Upper Control Arms, ProComp 5050 20" -12 offset, MT Deagan 38 35x12.5.20, iron Cross Step Bars, DeeZee Tail Gate Strut

I am the heir to the primo spaghetti sauce fortune!

Last edited by primo spaghetti; 02-20-2013 at 06:30 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:07 PM

I agree with you that if you find something that works stick with it -however i have never tried anything else so i might find something even better. I was really interested in trying the Pinnacle (just buy the small one) or I saw the #845 or the #915. Howver if you think the duragloss one is the way to go then I trust your judgement and i will go that route??? I again am just looking for something that will give me the most impressive results/shine so that when I drive down the street peoples jaws drop lol. I treat my truck as most people do their classic car/hot rod
Old 02-20-2013, 03:18 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:353
Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice

I use Collinite 845 over a sealant -Wolfgang 2.0. I also use Zaino spray detailer after I wash the truck . After you try a few combinations you willl find what works best for you. My only suggestion is that you use a good quality product, even if it means paying a little more and having to order it instead of getting something at a big box store. Many, many excellent waxes and sealants are very reasonably priced. Remember a good wax will last about 60 days and a good sealant will last about 6 months depending on how often you wash your truck and whether you park inside or outside.
Jay

Last edited by Pull Ya; 02-20-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

primo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Userj8670 View Post
I agree with you that if you find something that works stick with it -however i have never tried anything else so i might find something even better. I was really interested in trying the Pinnacle (just buy the small one) or I saw the #845 or the #915. Howver if you think the duragloss one is the way to go then I trust your judgement and i will go that route??? I again am just looking for something that will give me the most impressive results/shine so that when I drive down the street peoples jaws drop lol. I treat my truck as most people do their classic car/hot rod
the good thing about duragloss is it is really easy on the pocket book...i really dont think youll be disappointed there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull Ya View Post
I use Collinite 845 over a sealant -Wolfgang 2.0. I also use Zaino spray detailer after I wash the truck . After you try a few combinations you willl find what works best for you. My only suggestion is that you use a good quality product, even if it means paying a little more and having to order it instead of getting something at a big box store. Many, many excellent waxes and sealants are very reasonably priced. Remember a good wax will last about 60 days and a good sealant will last about 6 months depending on how often you wash your truck and whether you park inside or outside.
Jay
you know i did forget about the 845...another quality product that im sure youll find on military road too....and if im not mistaken its a NY product...the 845 looks like a wax and protects like sealant IMO...and it is also amazing on the rims as it is heat resistant...

I read somehwere in the gads of forums i follow that zaino is rebranded duragloss...not sure of the truth, but they are similar in longevity and user friendliness...so it is possible.
2014 Dodge Ram 4X4 Sport, BakFlip F1 cover, Weathertech DigiFit Liners, BedRug bed mat, PIAA Extreme White Fog Bulbs, ProComp 2.5" / 1.5" Nitro Level Lift, Zone Off Road Upper Control Arms, ProComp 5050 20" -12 offset, MT Deagan 38 35x12.5.20, iron Cross Step Bars, DeeZee Tail Gate Strut

Old 02-20-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull Ya View Post
Jay

Jay - Just curious but why not use the 915 versus the 845???? I have heard that the best way to go is lay down a good sealant then apply some carnauba so I think I will lay down a layer of castle cleaner/sealant then hit it up with a wax now that I have learned a thing or two. Now assuming I drive my truck only when the weather is sunny and the temps are in the 80s and I am only driving my truck once a week then I figure the wax will be lasting longer than 60 days?

P.s. she sits in an insulated garage when I am not behind the wheel

Last edited by Userj8670; 02-20-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:54 PM

Primo- I do recon I read somewhere that the 845 & 915 are made here in New York. Maybe one of these days we can meet up and you can critique my finish and teach me some more stuff about truck care. In addition if you still wanted to try that Castle Special Finish I would be honored to supply you with some.

-Jim

Last edited by Userj8670; 02-20-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

hey thanks man...one night when im over for buzzys, well have to look each other up!!

i just checked...looks like collonite is utica NY...

Old 02-20-2013, 10:14 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Rep:353
Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice

To be honest I use the 845 because it is eaiser for me to use. I tried the 915 and had a really hard time with it, so I went back to the 845 and I'm really satisfied with the results. Matter of fact I have a full can(used once) of 915 I'd be glad to sell to you if you want it.($20 plus shipping) Under the conditions you described of when you use your truck I would agree that your wax should last for more than 60 days. The Collinite is some really tough stuff and should last quite a while, especially with the sealant as a base.
Jay

Last edited by Pull Ya; 02-20-2013 at 10:17 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:18 PM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Rep:1634
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by primo spaghetti View Post
well that depends on many things...you want Over the counter products, or something specialized...

also, do you really want a wax? like a traditional carnuaba?

there are many different types of last step products that are synonymous with wax, like coatings, and sealants...that helps confuse things more..
Hey Primo,

I was wondering if you could pm me where you get your products for your vehicle and what products I should get.......I am picking up a 13 Longhorn in the next three weeks and would like to pick some up.....I thought I would ask you due to being the expert....Thanks Ed.....

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"