DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-20-2013, 08:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500
Trim Level: laramie
Color: molten red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
bullett is on a distinguished road
Default I should have known better

I gotta vent I have a molton red 1500 and its almost perfect (was). Im very careful and very clean people at work ask me if I bought the anti grime package I keep it so clean. I have been going to the russell speedy was car car once every other week just to get the major salt off usually I do it myself I have gotten to know the guys there great people ever a problem as they know how i treat the truck So today there is a new kid at the start he just looks like space shot, I pull up and he forgets to spray off the front end so he yells to me to go through and come back around so it will be totally clean. Well Im half way through and the thing shuts down water,, blowers, soap blowers stop but the belt keeps pushing me along. At the end there is a new "door" the clear plastic dividers that hang down. I see that its attached to pistons that look like it opens as you go through. As i get closer to the "door" its not opening I start to hit the brake nothing I hit my air horn(big bully) its still pushing me through now the plastic dividers with heavy thick plastic bottoms are being dragged up over and down the truck. Im flipping out It pushes me out I drive around to get the manager and you got it all along the body line front to rear light scratches in the clear coat. He is real upset as he knows how I keep the truck. He tries the light scratch remover he has nothing. He says come back tomorrow and we will bring it to the body shop next door and have it taken of. I figure a couple passes with a buffer should do it. Sorry about being long winded had to vent. Ill let you know it comes out
Sponsored links
Old 02-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:1056
LowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud of

Don't sweat it. Those will buff right out..seriously.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Big Horn QC
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver 4 x 4
Rep:79
05cr125r will become famous soon enough

understandable how you feel though...hopefully they get it all worked out for you
Mods; Line X, Bilsteins set at 2.1, Magnaflow 18", Debadged, Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Blue LED Interior, LED license plate, Blue LED reverse, Fronts tinted 20 %, Stubby Antenna,AVS WindowVisors,Green Perormance Air Filter, Black Honeycomb Grille Insert
Old 02-20-2013, 08:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Just be aware that even if you can buff a scratch out you are effectively reducing the thickness of the clear coat, which means the paint won't last as log.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:29 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:621
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

s@@@ks that we are forced to use a car wash up here in the salt belt.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:10 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Rep:19
storeboy is on a distinguished road

Dude that sucks! At least they are not giving you any grief on getting it fixed.

I won't do automatics anymore, even the touch-less ones. I had a touch-less just quit halfway through the soap cycle one time in the winter. There was no attendant there so I lost my $6 and then had to go spend $2 more just to get it rinsed off. Plus I have found I can do a better job spraying by hand and spend a lot less.

I am in the salt belt of Illinois and they spray this liquid salt stuff on all of the bridges every morning. They say that it helps prevent freezing when we get snow/ice but they are still the first thing to get any accumulation. All the stuff does is just kick up the spray on my truck and make it look like I have been following a salt truck.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:44 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:55
ramsport62 will become famous soon enough

Automatic car washes = low quality without the stigma of low price. I've only used them a few times in my life and been disappointed each time.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:54 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

The body shop will likely apply a good polish and possibly and good wax after buffing out the scuffs. It is possible that you may end up with even more shine.

I am impressed that the wash manager was so quick to take care of things. With that attitude, I'd be back.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 02-22-2013, 01:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

we have a full service car wash right around the corner
you pull up to the vacuum cleaners, tell them which option that you choose
2 people vacuum out the vehicle & drive it to the back of the machine
2 more people hand wash the front end & the wheels & fold in your mirrors
they pull it onto the machine & let it run through by itself, it is always in full site on the machine
at the end a person hops into the vehicle & pulls it around to the wipe down area
where 4 to 6 more people wipe it down inside & out
I have never had a problem there
they also have 2 or 3 people that do a fantastic job of detailing

most of the time, i just run it into a DIY coin wash place to just blow off the big stuff
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 02-22-2013, 01:43 AM
Team Bully

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1711
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future

It is great that they are taking care of you. I am sure the shop will do a great job and your truck will be back in the great shape that you keep it.