DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-21-2013, 12:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Molten Red Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Raptor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Raptor
Default Uconnect misunderstands sign language...

Not really.

I am speaking to Uconnect exactly like I'm supposed to. The thing is, it's working just fine until I ask the phone to dial a number from my contacts. Then it confuses my contacts and tries to dial the vet when I want to call my wife to ask her to pick up a case of beer on the way home. (As if!) Or vise versa, not that my vet would buy me a case of suds, buy you get the idea.

So, anybody have this little glitch happening? Is it in my phone, which happens to be an Android, or is there an adjustment I can make to the system. I scrubbed the data and ran through 'set-up' once again, paired the device and downloaded the contact list, but that didn't help.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored links
Old 02-21-2013, 02:38 AM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1475
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

@ your thread title and vet buying you beer!

Okay, yes.. my phone (an android as well) and my UConnect system have not played nice every day. On the few occasions of this happening (same exact scenario as you described - mixing up contacts and calling a friend instead of my husband to let him expect something special for dessert that night ) what has worked for me was un-pairing my phone, turning the rig back on, and re-pairing through the touch screen. I've had to do this about three times in the last four months since I bought it. A little annoying but curable with a two minute fix. Hope this helps!

P.S. I'm a vet who would buy you a beer if you lived closer! (For what it's worth )
Old 02-21-2013, 03:18 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes you have to do some voice training with the radio
also the book says to use last names with some contacts

with my radio before i did the voice training thing, my radio would get 2 of my contacts mixed up, sometimes i would call contact Perry & the Uconnect would ask if i wanted to call Randy
It is partially the placement of the microphone in the mirror, but voice training & speaking towards the rear view mirror helped
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 02-21-2013, 10:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

Just curious about a couple things:
1) Which radio do you have?
2) When you are trying to call from your contact list, what is the command that you are using?

As an EX:
A) If I wanted to call my wife, the command should be "call Kala...."
B) If I know the number and want to use digit dialing instead, then the command would be "dial 7146507222" (no that's not my real #).

If you say "dial Kala...." Uconnect may respond with "calling 884..) or if I said "dial Charlie" Uconnect may respond back with "calling Towing assistance"
Old 02-21-2013, 11:04 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew
Color: Black/Silver
Rep:147
TVL will become famous soon enoughTVL will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
Not really.

I am speaking to Uconnect exactly like I'm supposed to. The thing is, it's working just fine until I ask the phone to dial a number from my contacts. Then it confuses my contacts and tries to dial the vet when I want to call my wife to ask her to pick up a case of beer on the way home. (As if!) Or vise versa, not that my vet would buy me a case of suds, buy you get the idea.

So, anybody have this little glitch happening? Is it in my phone, which happens to be an Android, or is there an adjustment I can make to the system. I scrubbed the data and ran through 'set-up' once again, paired the device and downloaded the contact list, but that didn't help.

Any suggestions?
Make sure you Canadians don't add "aye" in the sentence!
Just sayin...

Hello, my name is Tim and I'm a modaholic.

MODS: 6" RCX Lift, 37"X12.5R20 Trail Grapplers on 20" Moto Metal 962 Black/silver rims, remote tailgate lock, Bakflip G2 tonneau cover, LineX spray-on bed liner, Amp Research Power Step, magnaflow 18" muffler, S&B CAI, Passenger Front Ejection seat, Diablosport Trinity1000 tuned with Hemifever 89 tune, Spyder Projector/HID 8000K/CCFL Halos/LEDs Headlights, Retroshop Projector/HID/8000K/CCFL Halo Fog Lights, Recon LED Smoked Tail Lights & LED Smoked 3rd Brake Light, fully stocked bar w/tap, BT Catch Can, Chrome & Black Mesh studded Grille, HID Reverse Light Kit, customized tailgate badge....more to come!
Old 02-21-2013, 02:28 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: White
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:32
dankent is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
Just curious about a couple things:
1) Which radio do you have?
2) When you are trying to call from your contact list, what is the command that you are using?

As an EX:
A) If I wanted to call my wife, the command should be "call Kala...."
B) If I know the number and want to use digit dialing instead, then the command would be "dial 7146507222" (no that's not my real #).

If you say "dial Kala...." Uconnect may respond with "calling 884..) or if I said "dial Charlie" Uconnect may respond back with "calling Towing assistance"

Hehe .. i have had this as well. stupid system
Old 02-21-2013, 03:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Howdy XSDBS, its been awhile

Raptor & anyone else, if anyone can help you with your issue with Uconnect it would be xsdbs

He asked about which radio is in your Ram, the choices would be
RHR 730navigation
RHB 430navigation
RBZ 430 non nav
RES 130 with or without uconnect

The 3 letters can be found in the right lower corner of the face of the radio, near the AUX port

================================================== =============================

i have been trying to find out all i can about the 2013 Uconnect/Navigation/multimedia systems
Chrysler is in no rush to inform us or the dealerships
I watched a Harman Kardon representative fumble over the demonstration of the RA3 & RA4 8.4 systems, it was almost comical
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 02-21-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:45 PM

Vehicle: 2010 1500 4x4
Color: Inferno Red
Hemiman345 is on a distinguished road

I have the same problems but I Blamed it on my Southern Drawl.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Around where i live, many street & town names are either Spanglish Mexican slang like Jamacha (pronouced ... Ham a shaw )
or American Indian language, like Kumeyaay Indian Nation or Chemehuevi Indian Tribe .

I don't know where they found the woman whose voice they use, but she may as well be from India, because the voice hangs up on you, when you say something that is not in the pamphlet the woman behind voice uses
Old 02-21-2013, 04:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Color: Molten Red Pearl
Raptor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Raptor

I asked the guys at work if Canadians had an accent. They all said, "no way, eh," so I know that isn't the problem.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll figure out which radio I have and get back to you.

Beer at the vet's office! Now that would sure be a great way to liven up a nail clipping.

Tks,

Rap