Uconnect misunderstands sign language... - Page 2 - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > LD RAM - Ram 1500 Forum > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!

Old 02-21-2013, 04:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Molten Red Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Raptor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Raptor

I just spent a week in San Diego. Beautiful place, but the street names did give me pause. This was my second visit and I finally discovered that La Jolla is pronounced Luh Hoya.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 05:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2016 Ram Ecodiesel 2 whl drive
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2968
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I try to avoid going into the city, i live about 20 minutes east of the ocean, when there is no traffic
Out here is where the farming/ranching country starts & almost all of the off roaders live
all of the fabrication shops are either out here or 30 miles north & east of San Diego
Old 02-21-2013, 05:42 PM

Vehicle: 2012 1500 ram sport
Trim Level: Luxury sport group
Color: black
sergiomomesso is on a distinguished road

mine completely stopped working. When I ask it to call a name in my phone, It says "calling glouc 411". And that is with every single person in my phone. the RHR 730 is a POS

Old 02-22-2013, 12:59 PM

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

It's not that the system is stupid, it's more like there are correct commands to use. Kind of like if you tell the kids clean your room, they're not going to do the dishes.
Computer systems pronounce things sometimes quite different than how we would speak them. This is because there is a rule that they use on pronouncing a word depending on how a vowel is followed by another vowel or a consonant.
Chrysler also was having issues a couple years back when you could use either "call (a name)" or "call (digits) <ex> 7145551212. Sometimes depending on your speech pattern, a name may have sounded like numbers and Uconnect would dial something completely different. So in 2012 the change was "call" a name or "dial" a number.
It is still however possible that if you say "call" Clark,, that if your speech isn't clear, Uconnect ma respond back with "calling 44".

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankent View Post
Hehe .. i have had this as well. stupid system
Old 02-22-2013, 01:10 PM

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

Hello GTyankee,
Yeah, it's been a little while. Got tied up with the Holidays, kids school programs and work. I try to pop in once in a while but it's been short pop ins.
Speaking of San Diego, when I was a kid I used to spend a few weeks at my grandfathers little orchard. He had 4 acres in Rancho Santa Fe, man that place has just gone crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
Howdy XSDBS, its been awhile

Raptor & anyone else, if anyone can help you with your issue with Uconnect it would be xsdbs

He asked about which radio is in your Ram, the choices would be
RHR 730navigation
RHB 430navigation
RBZ 430 non nav
RES 130 with or without uconnect

The 3 letters can be found in the right lower corner of the face of the radio, near the AUX port

================================================== =============================

i have been trying to find out all i can about the 2013 Uconnect/Navigation/multimedia systems
Chrysler is in no rush to inform us or the dealerships
I watched a Harman Kardon representative fumble over the demonstration of the RA3 & RA4 8.4 systems, it was almost comical
Old 02-22-2013, 09:24 PM

Vehicle: 2012 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Rep:294
SoCal Ram is a jewel in the roughSoCal Ram is a jewel in the roughSoCal Ram is a jewel in the rough

Exact same issues here. I have a case open with Chrysler/Uconnect. We'll see what happens...
Old 02-22-2013, 10:18 PM

Vehicle: 2015 Ram 2500 Crew
Color: Silver
Rep:147
TVL will become famous soon enoughTVL will become famous soon enough

You Californication and Canadian guys need to learn the king's English. A computer is only able to recognize what it's programmed to recognize!(sorry, it's national margarita day and I took it seriously)

2015 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi, 4:10 gear ratio, 5" Rough Country Lift, 20" MotoMetal 962 Wheels with 0 offset, Nitto Trail Grappler 37 X 12.50 Tires, Bakflip G2 Box Cover, LineX Spray-on Bedliner, Amp Research Power step
Old 02-23-2013, 10:21 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Quad
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Silver
Rep:286
naturecannon is a jewel in the roughnaturecannon is a jewel in the roughnaturecannon is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
also the book says to use last names with some contacts
^ THIS..... Is what solved my issues. I have to say the full name on some contacts or me and the uconnect get in a verbal argument.

What I like about the uconnect is you can aggressively push the button and shut her up with some satisfaction......still haven't found my wife's shut up button after 12 years...... but my tune out skills are excellent now
Old 02-23-2013, 11:58 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Laramie 4x4 CC
Color: White w/silver trim
Rep:63
TRCM will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiomomesso View Post
mine completely stopped working. When I ask it to call a name in my phone, It says "calling glouc 411". And that is with every single person in my phone. the RHR 730 is a POS
same with mine, but it says group 411
Old 02-23-2013, 10:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Color: Molten Red Pearl
Raptor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Raptor

Lots of good feedback on my post. It helps a lot. This is a small issue and while I'm as frustrated as an Amish electrition doing piece work it isn't a bit deal. Thanks everyone.

I did my homework before I bought my Ram. Drove the F*** and the C****, read the consumer reports, and talked to guys who already had their pick-ups. I think I made the right decision. I really like my Ram and wouldn't trade him for a case of Moosehead. Not ever the tall boy bottles!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement