DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
FGT Motorsport
Bayou Goat Mounts
Mopar Online Parts!

Old 03-25-2013, 01:59 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: SageBrush Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
RealTreeRam12 is on a distinguished road

Great looking truck!! Especially having RamBoxes, how far did you have to drive for that rig? Haha here near Frederick MD there were 3 that had them within 200 miles but only one SageBrush and CrewCab and I don't know how I lived without them before haha.

What did you do with your stock wheels? ;-)
Sponsored links
Old 03-25-2013, 04:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram SLT Big Horn
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:31
mswift is on a distinguished road

That is one sweet looking set up I like those rims alot!

This truck is sponsered by
https://bullysperformance.com/
Check out there website for great mods at a great price
-Mike-
My work number is 911
Old 03-25-2013, 10:37 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Rep:25
Pic18 is on a distinguished road

Hi grub runner. I love the look of this setup. I'm considering doing it to my truck. I just have a few questions. I read all 10 pages, but just want some confirmation.
1. How would you say braking has changed? Does it take noticeably more distance to stop?

2. Do you think the wheels will sit inside fenders with no flares? It looks like flares make it just right, but I figured I'd ask.

3. Does the back end sag when loading the truck? Like if I'm taking the family on vacation, and have the bed loaded with coolers, luggage, etc, will the back end be lower than the front?

I appreciate your time! Great looking truck.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:22 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealTreeRam12 View Post
Especially having RamBoxes, how far did you have to drive for that rig?
What did you do with your stock wheels? ;-)
It was the only white Rambox model on the lot at the time.

Like I mentioned in the past: I had a deposit down on a 2012 Tundra TRD that was loaded. I was a few days from picking it up when a family member - a Ram fanatic - suggested I look at the new Rams. I'd never even considered them; but out of my respect for him and his wisdom, I promised I would. I dropped into my dealership in search of a white [it's all I purchase in trucks] crew. My truck was the only Rambox model in white at the time of visit. I jumped into it and was really impressed. I took it for a drive and was sold!

My OEM wheels I gave to my shop guy [who's done all the work on my vehicles since 2000] to sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pic18 View Post
Hi grub runner. I love the look of this setup. I'm considering doing it to my truck. I just have a few questions. I read all 10 pages, but just want some confirmation.
1. How would you say braking has changed? Does it take noticeably more distance to stop?

2. Do you think the wheels will sit inside fenders with no flares? It looks like flares make it just right, but I figured I'd ask.

3. Does the back end sag when loading the truck? Like if I'm taking the family on vacation, and have the bed loaded with coolers, luggage, etc, will the back end be lower than the front?

I appreciate your time! Great looking truck.
1. Braking really - much to my surprise - hasn't changed much at all.

I prepared for a complete brake upgrade, but have yet to pursue it because I really don't see the need thus far. Part of the [main] reason is the tires. Given the source, they have a horrible rolling resistance. This, though kills MPG, works as an advantage when coming to a rolling stop, which in turn assists braking almost likemanually coming down a notch or two thru the gearing [transmission]. Anyone who has or has had these tires will know what I'm speaking of.

2. I went with these wheels and the offset for that very reason, as I mentioned earlier.

3. No.

I recently loaded the bed with 45 bags of mulch, 10 bags of salt softner and another 15 bags of river pebbles [coupled with a full load of fuel] and it's the only time since the mod I've seen the ass-end drop to a noticable level. With regular run-o-the-mill loads, no, there's no noticable sag at all.

Grub out!
Old 03-26-2013, 09:39 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport CC 4x4
Color: Red
Rep:74
hemipowerv8 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post

1. Braking really - much to my surprise - hasn't changed much at all.

I prepared for a complete brake upgrade, but have yet to pursue it because I really don't see the need thus far. Part of the [main] reason is the tires. Given the source, they have a horrible rolling resistance. This, though kills MPG, works as an advantage when coming to a rolling stop, which in turn assists braking almost like manually coming down a notch or two thru the gearing [transmission]. Anyone who has or has had these tires will know what I'm speaking of.
If you decide to upgrade the brakes all it would take is a set of Hawk pads...I put some on my 07 and it stops better than new! If it were a race car I would also highly suggest braided brake lines and Motul brake fluid so heat makes much less difference...of course you could do these as well but positive results in a truck would be minimal.

In your shoes, I would just run the stock pads until low...then swap to Hawk and be done. I am easy on brakes, don't stop hard, roll to slow quite a bit, etc and my stock pads lasted 72k miles! And I could have safely squeezed another 3k to maybe 5k out of em. That's with 35" tires from the time the truck was 60 days old too. Leveling a truck seems to help distribute weight better when braking and pads last longer since it's not 70% front wear and 30% rear then pads are uneven...
Mods: Tint, Line-X spray in, PD emblems, Weathertech mats, Honeycomb grille, Mopar tow hooks, Magnaflow 18" and Y, Bilstein 5100s @ 2.1" & TGC rear spacer .75", Toyo All terrains 35x12.50x20, 5" black tips, BakFlip tonneau cover, 87mm tb
Next: Gorilla lifetime lug nuts, CAI, Diablo tune.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:37 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
satan47 is on a distinguished road

Tim, i am goin for a similar setup on my 2013. What is the backspacing on the wheels you got and the size tire? i dont want mine to stick out to much, maybe an inch and a half -2 in at the most. i will be running some oem flares as well.
LineX,10tint,AriesW2Wsteps,Sonnaxbooster,20x9XDMon sters,295/65/20 TrailGrapplers, 4" CST lift, rear 1.5" spacers/5100's, 87mmTB,SB CAI,18" Maganflow/Y pipe,BT Catchcan, T1000, Factory 4.10s, transgo shift kit and JBA headers, Maghytec diff/tranny cover
Old 04-02-2013, 05:16 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lone Star 4x4 Crew
Color: Black
Rep:40
iRamPipe is on a distinguished road

Grubrunner you have a sweet truck there man!

Would you mind taking a picture of the upper control arm? I am just curious to see how much space there is between it and the tire.

Thanks,

Edit: never mind. I missed the picture you posted earlier. Sorry about that!

Last edited by iRamPipe; 04-02-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Doge Ram
Color: Deep Cherry Red
kito is on a distinguished road

so you can fit 35s on there with just a leveling kit? i have a 12 express 2wd leveled with 33s thats why im asking thinking of getting 35s
Old 04-02-2013, 06:35 PM
Revel Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Rep:1804
fastNugly @ RP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ RP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ RP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ RP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ RP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ RP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ RP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ RP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ RP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ RP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ RP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kito View Post
so you can fit 35s on there with just a leveling kit? i have a 12 express 2wd leveled with 33s thats why im asking thinking of getting 35s
With the right offset and maxed Bilsteins, you can fit 35's
Offset needs to be a 0 to have no rubbing

click here ---> Got Factory Air Suspension? - Want to Lift or Lower? <---click here

Contact us via email at
sales@revelperformance.com

Old 04-02-2013, 06:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Doge Ram
Color: Deep Cherry Red
kito is on a distinguished road

its 2wd i believe bilsteins adjustables are only 4wd??